Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

blankets for trailering

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bay-Lee

Bay-Lee

blankets for trailering Empty
PostSubject: blankets for trailering   blankets for trailering Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 5:17 pm

are there blankets sold for trailering, or can we use a Cotton or fleece one for transportation, I'm looking for a blanket for Bay-Lee for cool spring nights, but I would also like to use for trailering..
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: blankets for trailering   blankets for trailering Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 9:05 am

I rarely blanket when trailering. I was taught that the closer your horse is to "nude", the better for them. They generate alot of heat within the confines of the trailers. Having said that, on the rare occasion when I did blanket I just used a normal cotton stable sheet.
Back to top Go down
RobinsKelticBuckaroo

RobinsKelticBuckaroo

PostSubject: Re: blankets for trailering   blankets for trailering Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 9:53 am

there are no blankets sold specify for trailering. A cotton or fleece one would be fine. If my horse is wearing a blanket outside, he usually wears it if we trailer any wheres as well. Though, keep in mind, we usually don't travel far, 15-20 mins tops, and my horse isn't one to get nervous on the trailer and sweat.

If i was to travel any farther, it would depend on the weather, if it was winter time, i would probably just put on a fleece/cotton/rain sheet instead of his winter one, and in the summer he wouldn't wear anything anyways.
Back to top Go down
Bay-Lee

Bay-Lee

PostSubject: Re: blankets for trailering   blankets for trailering Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 7:26 am

thanks guys, I have only blanketed Bay-Lee once for trailering, the barn owner suggested it because he was nervous..He has come a long way with the trailer, I think he realized that the trailer does not always mean a new owner..:)....I am shopping for a rain sheet, I will use that if I need one for the trailer..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: blankets for trailering   blankets for trailering Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

blankets for trailering
Page 1 of 1