Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH

Go down 
+3
RobinsKelticBuckaroo
Wissy
Tammy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tammy

PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH Empty
PostSubject: PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH   PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 6:01 pm

Well, as most of you know, I went on a last minute trip to NS last weekend. Let me tell you, when you have 4 horses, 2 guinea pigs, 2 cats, a dog, a fish, and a 7 year old child - leaving at the last minute isn't an easy task. Plus throw in a dead goose for good measure!

Last Wed Lord Gord had to go to a trade show in Moncton and then he was going to Metagan River NS for a couple of days and then returning the following Wed. Before he went he said he was actually looking forward to going and I said, "sure wish I was going too". He said, "you should". Well, this is one of those examples of beware of what you wish for! I never gave it another thought until late Friday night when I kept thinking how nice it would be to get away for some adult time. I checked my airmiles and I had enough to book a flight, plus there were flights available. Still not convinced though because it's such a challenge getting away. Saturday morning Fronie and I were doing the barn and I told her about my conversation with the Lord and she says, "book a flight - go - I'll look after everything here". Again, one of those examples of beware of what you wish for! When I got back in the house I thought, "what the heck - I'm gonna go for it!" So I booked my flight before I could change my mind. HOLY CRAP! All of a sudden at 11 am on Saturday I am going to be catching a flight at 6 am Sunday morning. What the heck had I done to myself!

So let the preparations begin ... this also just happened to be the day that Fronie had arranged for a friend of her's parents to come for a cart ride on Skipper. That's an entirely different story so will have to wait for it's own thread. Basically Jack is 80 and failing fast - always had horses he worked in the woods, etc. He'd heard about Skipper so Fronie mentioned to him about our Bucketlist project. he said that taking his wife for one last cart ride was on the top of his list. So we made it happen. And of course we had previously arranged for it - not knowing that I'd be srambling to get things ready to go away. Anyways, Jack and the "Mrs" came out. First I took Jack for a cart ride to make sure that he could still handle the reins. He did great so we went back to the barn for him to pick up his woman. Well the two of them giggled and giggled the whole time they were aboard. What a ball they had! It made me really happy to have gone through with the plans instead of delaying it. I have pictures and a video which I will post over the weekend.

Here are some pictures of Jack and Joan's cart ride.

PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH IMG_3016

PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH IMG_3019

PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH IMG_3020

PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH IMG_3022

PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH IMG_3033

PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH IMG_3035

PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH IMG_3039

PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH IMG_3040

PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH IMG_3042

But prior to this something else had occured which ate up more of my day. when I went to put the boys out around 10 I noticed that the neighbourhood goose was honking really loudly so I knew he was peeved at something. Across the river there was a car that would drive up to Mr. Goose, blare the horn and then back up. It kept at this for a few runs and Mr. Goose was getting really aggressive towards the car. After all, his job was to protect the ducks. Next thing I heard was the car backing up (a good distance), they hit the gas and floored it. (you can guess where this is going). I kept watching but didn't see anything as the car disappeared from sight. When I got back into the house I got my binos (you know the ones I use for spying on the neighbour who I think hides dead bodies!) and looked across the river but didin't see anything so I figured things were OK. About an hour later a man, who I've never seen before, is knocking on my door. I opened the door and he asked me if I owned the goose. I said no and he wanted to know if I knew who owned him. I told him that nobody owned Mr. Goose, he just hung out around the neighbourhood and guarded the ducks. The man said that he saw Mr. Goose every day when he went for his walk and that he had just found him dead on the other side of the river. I told him the story about what I had seen. Turns out the man had carried Mr. Goose all the way over the tressle because he thought he belonged to me and he didn't want Mr. Goose to be just left there. I asked him where the goose was and he said he had him up on the old track. "Bring him down" I said, "and I'll cover him in a sheet for now and then bury him later in the day". Just what I needed - a dead goose on the day I was trying to get out of town!

After the cart ride it was 3 pm. Time to bury the goose. So I called the Lord and asked him where I should bury him. He told me between the tree that had blown down and the one that he had cut down. No problem - I knew exactly where he meant (or so I thought). Got the back hoe over there and then couldn't get the darned arm to extend. There were two pins in it but there was no friggin' way I was going to pull out ANY pins. With my luck the entire backhoe would have seperated from the tractor! Instead I got out the old shovel and decided to dig by hand. Fronie helped. So there she was in her cowgirl boots, aussie hat and gucci bag (which holds her I phone) hanging around her neck, shoveling for all she was worth. Not an easy task on "the rock".

PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH IMG_3043

PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH IMG_3044

Hole was ready so we gathered the troops. There was myself and Fronie, Kayla, my neighbour Antje, Fronie's two boys and one of their girlfriends. Antje brought over some chicken feed that we all took a turn sprinkling on Mr. Goose so that he had some nourishment for his next journey. Then I said a few words and we covered him over.

PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH March2010017

PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH March2010014

PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH March2010015

PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH March2010016

By now it's 4:30 and I haven't even started supper yet - let alone pack a bag. I whipped up supper for us all and then got the kids to clean the kitchen while I packed. Fronie and I took a few mintues so that I could give her some final notes on everyones' schedules. Horses - check. Dog - check. Guinea pigs - check. Fish - check. Cats - check. Hmmm ... I knew I had forgotten something but couldn't figure it out. Oh yah ... Kayla - CHECK! I left around 8 as the troops were getting into the hot tub, and drove to my SIL's house in St. John's for an overnight because I was leaving so early. When I was there I finally got the time to post on this site to see if I could get hold of anyone to spend the day with.

I barely slept that night because there was so much going through my head. I called the Lord and told him I was coming. He wanted to know what my plans were for Sunday and I told him I hadn't figured that out yet - but not to worry - I'd think of something! I left my SIL's at 0445, and arrived in Hfx at 0700 - ready for action. And so it began ...

Last edited by Tammy on Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH   PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 6:31 pm

omg.. You might think twice before you decide to take a short notice trip again.. Tammy that was a great story.. but the poor goose.. people are so mean.. on the upside what a wonderful thing for you to do for Jack.. love it.. you rock..
Sorry I missed you last weekend.. had so much going on here.. but really I fill bad cause I had no nearly as much going on as you did... nick name you Super Woman.. lol... can't wait to see the pics of Jack and his woman having a blast with skipper..
PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH 775395
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH   PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 11:04 pm

I added the pictures for this phase of the saga. Hope to get another one done tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
RobinsKelticBuckaroo

RobinsKelticBuckaroo

PostSubject: Re: PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH   PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 11:17 pm

you sure did have a busy day! You are such a great person PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH 368450
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH   PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 8:39 am

THERES ALWAYS SOME JACKASS who comes along and just tries to ruin stuff............sorry about the goose.........even if he wasnt yours..........you sure show your MILITARY style training when things get down to the wire though......hahahahaha............and not even a WORK UP before starting to get ready...............so glad you seized the opportunity and let other folks carry the weight for a couple of days...........and I really love the Jack Joan and Skipper story...........that was way cool Tammy........I think you and your boy will be bringing lots more joy to many folks on that ROCK of yours............cheers girl.............ya did great. PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH 775395
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH   PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:52 am

Tammy you have a heart of gold and the energy of dynamite...love your stories. So sad about Mr. Goose.....but he had a nice send off with some super folks who took the time to care. I had read about the story of Jack and his Mrs. and their lovely day with Skipper that you posted on JJ blog. It was very touching and from their smiles you can see they appreciated it so much....you deserve a big HUG!!!!!

The trip sounds like a whirlwind but if anyone could pull all the loose ends together...it would be you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH   PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 12:42 pm

I also saw the pictures on the blog and thought it was great. You can really see how happy that made Jack PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH 573748

That's what it's all about!

Poor Mr. Goose. I've never really had any good encounters with geese but I would never hurt one. Tough guy should have got out of his car and tried to take the goose on. He would have got his buttercup kicked. I had all kinds of wildlife burried at my old place. Rabbits, bluejays, ducks...I couldn't leave them without a proper burial.
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

PostSubject: Re: PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH   PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 8:08 pm

not a dull moment for you Tammy.

So those people ran the goose over? if so thats just mean and sick
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH   PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 1:36 pm

That's right - the a-holes ran Mr. Goose over. After tormenting him for a bit. I was NOT impressed. If I had realized what they were doing right away I would have either ran over and beat them over the head, or drove over and smashed into their vehicle. I figure they were probably over there getting their "fix" for the coming Sat night. One of the drug dealers lives at the end of that road so you always hear cars roaring up and down that area. As the cops said, "it ain't no McDonalds drive-thru" that everyone is going to.

If I EVER see that car again I'll be jotting the license plate down and finding out where they live. Can you say R-E-T-R-O-B-U-T-I-O-N ??? It really saddens me that people would actually do something like that - especially to a goose who is so well known in the community. He WAS part of the community. PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH 336163
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH   PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PREPARING FOR THE TRIP - PICTURES ADDED 30 MARCH
Page 1 of 1