Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Two High Energy 7 Year Olds for the Weekend ... WHAT WAS I THINKING?!

Go down 
+2
Lightning
Tammy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tammy

Two High Energy 7 Year Olds for the Weekend ... WHAT WAS I THINKING?! Empty
PostSubject: Two High Energy 7 Year Olds for the Weekend ... WHAT WAS I THINKING?!   Two High Energy 7 Year Olds for the Weekend ... WHAT WAS I THINKING?! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 9:14 pm

Once again, I feel like I need to have my head examined. For some reason last week I thought it'd be a GREAT idea if I invited Kayla's gymnastics friend Lauren over for the weekend. I'd bring both of them home to our place Friday night after practise and taken them in on Sunday morning for practise. Seemed like a good idea at the time ... Two High Energy 7 Year Olds for the Weekend ... WHAT WAS I THINKING?! 989857

The girls had an absolute ball! :banana085.gif: Friday night was a late night for them. We didn't get home until after 9 and then they didn't fall asleep until after 11 - after a few death threats from MOI! At 0615 they hit the floor running full tilt. 0615! The horses weren't even awake yet - they don't get fed until 0645! By 7 Gord had the fireplace cleaned. By 8 he had the hottub drained and scrubbed. Meanwhile I was feeding the girls a bunch of blueberry pancakes and hot chocolate. They made themselves a fort out of the gym mats and wanted delivery.

This is the sign they made.
Two High Energy 7 Year Olds for the Weekend ... WHAT WAS I THINKING?! IMG_3158

The fort.
Two High Energy 7 Year Olds for the Weekend ... WHAT WAS I THINKING?! IMG_3157

Lauren sipping hot chocolate.
Two High Energy 7 Year Olds for the Weekend ... WHAT WAS I THINKING?! IMG_3159

They spent lots of time wearing almost every outfit that Kayla owns. It was pretty interesting though because they are pretty much the same size, except Lauren is built like a TANK! If she were a horse she'd be a quarter horse. The shoulders and butt on this girl are amazing. Nothing but muscle. Every shirt and dress that she tried on was way too tight in the arms.

Here are some of their ballet outfits. The bumble bee costume was Kayla's from her dance recital when she was 2. It was their favourite so they had to keep taking turns. They couldn't figure out WHY I couldn't just sew up a new one. Hey girls - my name ISN'T MARTHA!

Two High Energy 7 Year Olds for the Weekend ... WHAT WAS I THINKING?! IMG_3154
Two High Energy 7 Year Olds for the Weekend ... WHAT WAS I THINKING?! IMG_3155
Two High Energy 7 Year Olds for the Weekend ... WHAT WAS I THINKING?! IMG_3153

Having Lauren over made me realize that our place is like a friggin' theme park. We're used to it because we live here, but for someone visiting (especially one who is 7) there is soooo much to do. And basically we only had one day to do it in. Here's the rundown of what our day was like ...

0615 - wakey wakey
0700 - pancakes
0730 - supervising the filling of the hottub
0930 - Lauren decides that the $20 her parents gave her was burning a hole in her pocket so we headed into Carbonear (about 20 minute drive) to go shopping and get her a new gym bag like Kayla's.
1200 - back home. They made musical instruments while I cleaned the barn.
1300- pony riding time
1400 - cart ride with Skipper
1500 - get ready for the birthday party that they were going to
1530 - leave for party - pick up another child on the way
1800 - party over
1820 - drop off other child
1830 - back home
1900 - hottub
2030 - shower time
2100 - popcorn and watch tv
2130 - bedtime. No noise this time - they went straight to sleep
2135 - I collapse into bed!

They each took turns on the ponies and had a great time. Thunder is so used to following behind me from years of me leading Kayla that he didn't have any interest in going anywhere without me. The girls were NOT impressed because they wanted him to go where they said. Oh well ... I must say that Kayla did really well. It's the first time that she rode Skipper without me leading him and she was VERY impressed that he'd go where she wanted him to - including through a huge puddle in the riding ring. Thunder on the other hand ... not so impressive! Lots of giggles though ...

The two monkeys. Lauren on Skipper and Kayla on Thunder
Two High Energy 7 Year Olds for the Weekend ... WHAT WAS I THINKING?! IMG_3164

Poop head Thunder wanting to walk over to me while I was trying to get some pictures. I think he LOVES me!

Two High Energy 7 Year Olds for the Weekend ... WHAT WAS I THINKING?! IMG_3165

Two High Energy 7 Year Olds for the Weekend ... WHAT WAS I THINKING?! IMG_3166

Kayla had just taken Skipper through the puddle and was very impressed with the splashing. Lauren meanwhile was over by the fence on Thunder. He'd decided he was quitting so had gone and stood by where I had his leadline tied.

Two High Energy 7 Year Olds for the Weekend ... WHAT WAS I THINKING?! IMG_3167
Two High Energy 7 Year Olds for the Weekend ... WHAT WAS I THINKING?! IMG_3168

Kayla didn't want to go on the cart ride so she sulked in the house while Lauren and I went for a spin around the block. On the way home we cut down the old railway bed, which was full of puddles, so I let Skipper kick it into high gear and we went FLYING through the water. It splashed all over us and we were full of mud by the time we got back home. FUN TIMES!

I took one of the pictures that I had taken of the girls and made t-shirts for them. They wore them to gymnastics today and were VERY proud. Here's the one that I used.

Two High Energy 7 Year Olds for the Weekend ... WHAT WAS I THINKING?! IMG_3156

Lauren was mezmerized by the hottub and couldn't get it filled quick enough. If she checked it once she checked it a thousand times. At one point Gord and I looked out and here they had the hose between their legs pretending they were having a pee. OH MY NERVES ... such ladies!

Two High Energy 7 Year Olds for the Weekend ... WHAT WAS I THINKING?! IMG_3160

Two High Energy 7 Year Olds for the Weekend ... WHAT WAS I THINKING?! IMG_3161

After the birthday party they were WOUND up tight. I actually kicked them out of the house onto the deck and wouldn't let them back in until they'd burned off some of the sugar energy. Then ended up making up a gymnastics show for us, which I'll be transfering onto YouTube tomorrow so will post the link then. It's unbelieveable how much energy these two have.

This morning I had to wake them up at 0715 and they were NOT impressed. Two tired little monkeys! I loaded them into the car and off we went. By the end of practise Lauren couldn't even talk, she was that tired. Surprisingly Kayla didn't sleep on the way home. As soon as we got through the door I told Gord I was off to bed. Kayla was in the bathroom at the time.

It wasn't long before I head Lord Gord roaring at her. Something about things that shouldn't go down the sink, etc. I just rolled over and ignored it. Within minutes there was some heavy footsteps on the stairs and I figured I'd have a warm little body beside me but she chose to go to her own room and promptly fell asleep. I don't know what the rucus was about, nor have I asked. But it sure smelled like nail polish remover when I went downstairs. And there were lots of papertowels and dirty cotton balls in the garbage. Hmmmm ...

So anyways, Kayla is now asleep and I'm sure Lauren is too. I won't be far behind them either. Just thought you'd like to know what I was up to this weekend. I won't even mention about Fronie being at the hospital all day with her hubby because he had a gall bladder attack. Or the fact that Reo has a cut on his nose that I tried to clean and put salve on (he now has salve pretty much all over his face - except for the nostril where the gash is).

:smmood4.gif:
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Mod
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Two High Energy 7 Year Olds for the Weekend ... WHAT WAS I THINKING?!   Two High Energy 7 Year Olds for the Weekend ... WHAT WAS I THINKING?! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 7:00 am

Sounds like you had quite the weekend girl. Thanks for the pics and the story!!!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Two High Energy 7 Year Olds for the Weekend ... WHAT WAS I THINKING?!   Two High Energy 7 Year Olds for the Weekend ... WHAT WAS I THINKING?! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 7:24 am

you gotta have some fortitude there girl........Good Lord...........would love to see the pic of the TShirts on the girls......my god I love your deck area and the hot tub, thats the first time you showed that view, and all on your own waterfront or back...........too cool.....I hope you eat well and take care of yourself cause you could easily just fall down exhausted..............but woooooooooooohooooooooooooo for you. :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Highlander

Highlander

PostSubject: Re: Two High Energy 7 Year Olds for the Weekend ... WHAT WAS I THINKING?!   Two High Energy 7 Year Olds for the Weekend ... WHAT WAS I THINKING?! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 6:44 pm

Hi Tammy,reading your story i was laughing loudly,love the pic's,the girls look like butter would'nt melt but you know otherwise.I'm actually yawning just reading bout your funfilled wkend.What a lovely view of the lake and as for your hot tub,am envious.Keep those IDEAS in your head the next time. lol!
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: Two High Energy 7 Year Olds for the Weekend ... WHAT WAS I THINKING?!   Two High Energy 7 Year Olds for the Weekend ... WHAT WAS I THINKING?! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 7:42 am

OK....I am exhausted just reading, Wonder Woman!!!!! Love the pictures....double trouble but they look like they had a blast...gotta love the exhuberance of little ones.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: Two High Energy 7 Year Olds for the Weekend ... WHAT WAS I THINKING?!   Two High Energy 7 Year Olds for the Weekend ... WHAT WAS I THINKING?! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 10:56 am

After reading about your weekend, with the 2 wee munchkins... I am so happy my days of wee ones is over..lmao.. I could never keep up now. Glad you are having fun. What is your secret.. weathies for breakie or what?
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Two High Energy 7 Year Olds for the Weekend ... WHAT WAS I THINKING?!   Two High Energy 7 Year Olds for the Weekend ... WHAT WAS I THINKING?! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 11:32 am

No secret - just total exhaustion on a regular basis. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two High Energy 7 Year Olds for the Weekend ... WHAT WAS I THINKING?!   Two High Energy 7 Year Olds for the Weekend ... WHAT WAS I THINKING?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Two High Energy 7 Year Olds for the Weekend ... WHAT WAS I THINKING?!
Page 1 of 1