Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Trip to Lawtons

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tammy

My Trip to Lawtons Empty
PostSubject: My Trip to Lawtons   My Trip to Lawtons Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:56 pm

So poor little Kayla has been fighting a cold for awhile now. On Wednesday morning before school she asked me "what I had on my schedule for the day". I told her just the usual - barn work and house work. She wanted to know if I could get her some throat lozenges during the day and then she'd help me with the cleaning when she got home (yah ... as if THAT was going to happen). I told her I'd try.

While doing the barn I decided I'd like to go for a ride so I decided to ride Skipper up to Lawtons to get Kayla's lozenges. Multi-tasking is wonderful! I saddled him up in my new saddle. Unfortunately the girth is just a tadd too long. The saddle was fine while you were sitting on it but if you tried to mount from the ground it'd slip to the side. No problemos - I had a stool, so off we went. On the way we had to go down a really steep gravel hill and of course the gravel was looser than normal because of all the rain we'd had. Skipper decided he wanted ME to go first so off I hopped and lead him down. I wasn't thinking about getting back on at the time but quickly found out that I'd have to. Now Skipper has been around and is quite a smart little devil. I'd get him lined up beside a rock and as soon as I shifted my body in an effort to get on he'd just step ever so slightly away from me. Next I tried beside a stump. Same thing. Then I got thinking ... I put him beside an old log, which just happened to be in a grassy area and while he was stuffing his face I managed to climb aboard. Off we went to continue the adventure!

We got to Lawtons so I took off his bridle and tied him to a tree so he could eat grass while I nipped in. I think he was hoping that I'd take longer than I did because he wasn't too eager to leave the grass. This time I was smart and lined him up beside a stone wall which had grass at the base of it. Off we went - lozenges in hand. We took the scenic route home and stopped off at my friend's place to see how he was progressing with building his new garage. As usual the work crew came over to see Skipper (or maybe it was ME they were interested in!). It never fails - as soon as I tell anyone that Skipper is 22 they come up with a story about a pony they once had that died. What's up with that?! I think the neighbourhood has the poor fella dead and burried already!

We made it home no problemos. It only took 45 minutes for the whole trip (we did lots of trotting). I'm TOTALLY amazed because my seat bones aren't even tender, let alone sore. I just love my new saddle - and so does my bum!

Here are some pictures of Skipper in his "parking lot".

My Trip to Lawtons IMG_3255

My Trip to Lawtons IMG_3256

Nothing else new and exciting around here. I'm on the hunt for a new goose because the darned seagulls have overtaken the place with the untimely demise of Mr. Goose. It's time for drastic measures because they pooped on Kayla's trampoline. VERY traumatic experience for her!
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

My Trip to Lawtons Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Trip to Lawtons   My Trip to Lawtons Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:11 pm

hahah Tammy that's is sooooooo neat you can just say I'm going to the drug store and go saddle up Skipper and away you go.. Skipper is a great pony... oh Greenhawk has 28" girths on for 13.95 want one?
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

My Trip to Lawtons Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Trip to Lawtons   My Trip to Lawtons Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 6:50 am

hahahahaha///////////toooooooo coool life is so much better when you get to live it with horses............love your story...................... :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Lightning
Mod
Lightning

My Trip to Lawtons Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Trip to Lawtons   My Trip to Lawtons Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 6:51 am

Love it!! Another great story from Tammy!!!
Back to top Go down
Tammy

My Trip to Lawtons Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Trip to Lawtons   My Trip to Lawtons Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 7:49 am

Hey Wissy - the girth I'm using on him IS a 28". I guess he's smaller than he looks - not unlike myself!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Trip to Lawtons Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Trip to Lawtons   My Trip to Lawtons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Trip to Lawtons
Page 1 of 1