Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Re Donkeys going.

Go down 
+5
MoonShadow
lb-ranch
C4B's
just joan
Highlander
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Highlander

Highlander

Re Donkeys going. Empty
PostSubject: Re Donkeys going.   Re Donkeys going. Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 3:55 pm

Back to top Go down
Highlander

Highlander

Re Donkeys going. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re Donkeys going.   Re Donkeys going. Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 4:00 pm

Will miss them.Sandra is the girl on the left.Re Donkeys going. Workpics127
Back to top Go down
Highlander

Highlander

Re Donkeys going. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re Donkeys going.   Re Donkeys going. Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 4:05 pm

Sorry,i'm the one on the left wearing the glasses.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

Re Donkeys going. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re Donkeys going.   Re Donkeys going. Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 4:18 pm

Good Lord MARY AND JOSEPH........YOUR DONKEYS ARE ENORMOUS............LIKE BIG JACK ASSES...............HOLY MOTHER OF GOD....OUR DONKEYS ARE WEE LITTLE THINGS........GREAT PICTURES.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

Re Donkeys going. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re Donkeys going.   Re Donkeys going. Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 4:21 pm

WHY ARE THERE so many donkeys that they need a sanctuary???????? is there a crazed person out there breeding them for some nefarious purpose then leaves them or what?
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
C4B's

C4B's

Re Donkeys going. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re Donkeys going.   Re Donkeys going. Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 9:07 pm

Where are the donkeys going to the sanctuary or leaving the sanctuary ??? there is a donkey sanctuary in Devon, we visited it a few years ago
there were loads of donkeys there, don't know where they all come from, i think a lot are rescued from Europe !!
Back to top Go down
lb-ranch

Re Donkeys going. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re Donkeys going.   Re Donkeys going. Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 9:14 pm

I remember lots of donkeys in England when I was there as a kid, Rode some on a beach somewhere, cant remember for sure (sommerset maybe??) been 30 yrs ago, lol
I love donkeys but their braying drives me nuts, therefore we're a donkey free farm ;P
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

Re Donkeys going. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re Donkeys going.   Re Donkeys going. Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:16 am

Those donks, have the sweetest faces!!! WOW you have a hard few weeks ahead of you. Nice to know all your critters will have good homes to go to. Hang in there...

Keep uploading the pics.. LOVE THEM ALL!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Re Donkeys going. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re Donkeys going.   Re Donkeys going. Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:16 am

They look so snuggly! The Sanctuary has a lovely truck (or lorry as you guys call it). What do they use the donkeys for? Pets, riding, driving, etc? I don't know much about donkeys but I love the look of them. Their eyes are pretty sweet looking!
Back to top Go down
Purple Chaps

Re Donkeys going. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re Donkeys going.   Re Donkeys going. Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:24 am

There is also a Donky Sanctuary in Guelph Ontario (it took me a minute to realize that wasn't what was being talked about)
I just want to snuggle their faces, they're all so adorable.
Back to top Go down
Highlander

Highlander

Re Donkeys going. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re Donkeys going.   Re Donkeys going. Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 6:53 pm

Hey gals,just to give you some info.The Donkey Sanctuary in Cork,Ireland is affiliated with the one in Devon,England.Donkeys have always been used in ireland and england for pulling hay,seaweed,wood and various other things as well as being used for pleasure and pulling a trap to get from a-b or simply used for driving.The Santuarys came about because donkeys were being left in fields,by the roadside or just abandoned.The welfare officers would find them in a terriable state with overgrown hoofs,foot deformitees,thin and coats in a bad way,Donkeys coats are not waterproof and they can get soaked to the skin very easily in heavy downpours.In the west of Ireland,Galway,Mayo,Claire areas there are islands doted around the coast and these used to be lots of Donkeys on these islands,they were taken off the islands cause they were'nt being looked after properly.The Sanctuary provides a home for life for old,sick,negelected and abandoned Donkeys all over the country and is a non profit organization.They rely on donations and alot of people leave them money in there wills.At the moment there are 500 donkeys in the sactuary in Cork,they should only hve 350,but there has been lots brought in due to the recession. They rehome donkeys and adopt them out to homes all over the country always in pairs as they usually bond with a buddy for life.The requirements are few,You must have a decent size field bout 2-3 acres,with a shelter,wooden or tin so they can stay out of the rain if need be.And a love for them,plus be willing to look after there needs eg,have there feet done every 2 months,flu+tet injec and teeth checked twice a yr.And to handle them as much as possiable.Hope this gives you a better understanding.I'll be happy to answer any other questions if you have any. And thanks for the kind words.X
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

Re Donkeys going. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re Donkeys going.   Re Donkeys going. Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:39 pm

love the donkey's too bad they had to leave
Back to top Go down
Twilight

Re Donkeys going. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re Donkeys going.   Re Donkeys going. Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 3:42 pm

I've been to the Donkey Sanctuary in England many times; my Grandmother lived in Lyme Regis, quite close.

I have a donkey now, whom I adore, and would take in another in a heartbeat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Re Donkeys going. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re Donkeys going.   Re Donkeys going. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Re Donkeys going.
Page 1 of 1