Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Donkeys gone back.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Highlander

Highlander

Donkeys gone back. Empty
PostSubject: Donkeys gone back.   Donkeys gone back. Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 12:51 pm

Hey all,well today was the last day we spent with the donkey's.Eugene,from the Donkey Santuary arrived up about noon,he had a cuppa with us and then myself and Sandra went out to catch them.They came in no bother and got loads of hugs and kisses and some treats.They walked up the ramp like pro's and seemed happy enough in the horse lorry.The journey down to Cork will take bout 3an half hrs,they've probably arrived now.Am missing them so much already,it's gonna be weird going into work tomorrow and not seeing them there.They will be missed by a lot of people,including the kids,the disabled groups that come down,the caretakers and mostly by us.Will post some pic's later or 2moro.B Donkeys gone back. 336163
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

Donkeys gone back. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donkeys gone back.   Donkeys gone back. Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 12:55 pm

WTF??????????? I must have missed something while away...........whats going on?????? can we help?????/
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Freva

Freva

Donkeys gone back. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donkeys gone back.   Donkeys gone back. Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 1:03 pm

I know it must be hard to say goodbye to the donkeys after they have been with you so long but you know they will be well cared for at the sanctuary. I feel badly that this is first first of many sad goodbyes for you over the next while.......(((HUGS)))
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
Highlander

Highlander

Donkeys gone back. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donkeys gone back.   Donkeys gone back. Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:24 pm

Thanks Val,the first of many eh! Joan,because i met Freva and Moonshadow on another website(trot on tv) they know the story.BasicallyI have worked at Cabra farm for 10yrs now and it is based in a School for deaf boys.We were told last Aug that we were being made redudant and the farm would close on the 30th of june 2010.The catholic institute for the deaf(our bosses) are planning to build a new" Deaf Village" on site starting in July 2010. So its my responsablity to find homes for the animals.we adopted the Donkey's from The donkey Santuary in 2001 and they are there owners. So i had to make arrangements and set a date for them to go back,that was today. It was sad to see them go but i know they'll be well looked after,albeit they'll have lots of other donkeys as playmates instead of Horses. On a good note another School for Visually impaired will be taking the horses and rodney so ican relax a little.They wiil take the 2 connies Mandy and Bailey for 2wks at the begining of june for a trial period,Rodney will be going around that time too.Then connies will go to their owner for the summer(till 2nd last wk in Aug).Jess and Solo will be going out to grass at a friends place for the summer also.This will be the first time in 10yrs that they'll be out 24hrs a day,they'll think all there birthdays have come at once.Just have to get a home for the 2cats and ten that'll be that.Will be spending the next 4wks organizing and paying the last of the feed bills, dates for the horses to be collected,hens and ducks to new home and then clearing out barn and stables and tack room.Head melting stuff.Hope you get the jist of this Joan, and thank you for making me laugh,love the workout videos,maybe i'll borrow someones webcam and give a few belly dance moves.Would'nt that be funny. Donkeys gone back. 524117
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

Donkeys gone back. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donkeys gone back.   Donkeys gone back. Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 3:49 pm

Well that really sucks for you and the kids.....and of course the animals........PROGRESS sometimes can take many steps backwards............I hope you can get your head back on straight woman........and lighten up on yourself......and as for the volunteering...........I WELCOME YOU WITH OPEN ARMS......to take your turn on the BUCKETLIST EXCERCISE BROADCAST.............GOOD ON YA GAL. :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Tammy

Donkeys gone back. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donkeys gone back.   Donkeys gone back. Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:10 am

WOW - some heart wrenching times are ahead, that's for sure. It sounds like you've found great homes for all the critters but you must be exhausted from the emotional roller coaster.
Back to top Go down
Highlander

Highlander

Donkeys gone back. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donkeys gone back.   Donkeys gone back. Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 5:52 pm

Thanks Joan,Tammy,am feeling more positive today.Rang the sanctuary today and they said Irene and Rua have settled fine,albeit a bit bemused surrounded by lots of other Donkeys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Donkeys gone back. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donkeys gone back.   Donkeys gone back. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Donkeys gone back.
Page 1 of 1