Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

so disgusted

Go down 
+3
lb-ranch
just joan
naughty by nature
7 posters
AuthorMessage
naughty by nature

so disgusted Empty
PostSubject: so disgusted   so disgusted Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:11 pm

http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-pets-dogs-puppies-for-sale-American-Bullies-W0QQAdIdZ208891960

I am not one to judge people without knowing them but as a responsible owner of what is considered a dangerous bred of dog I am seriously disgusted with this guys ad. the ad it self sounds like he has lovely dogs however his place is a dump and he has pictures of his dogs hanging from a rope tied to a tree by their teeth. Obviously this guy is breeding these dogs for fighting why else would you ever think that those types of pictures would be a selling feature?? I have done everything to make sure that my rottie is the best behaved dog you would probably ever meet he wouldn't hurt a fly but because of idiots like this there are people that will still cross the street rather then walk past my dog.
I didn't respond to the ad cause I really don't think telling him what I think would matter but i'm hoping that the ad is reported to the police so they can go and investigate him for dog fighting

as I've always said there are no bad dogs only bad owners
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

so disgusted Empty
PostSubject: Re: so disgusted   so disgusted Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 6:25 am

why dont you report him??? or tell the SPCA...send them the link.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
lb-ranch

so disgusted Empty
PostSubject: Re: so disgusted   so disgusted Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 8:39 am

Very Poor quality pictures I'll agree, First one the dog looks like it's squatting for a pee, weird choice for an ad pic, but if they were fighting dogs all of them would have ears and tails cropped (only one has short ears) and none show battle scars, Fighting dogs are often tied with huge chains to strengthen their necks and fore muscles. As for the pic of them hanging by their teeth from a rope, our little Boston terrier will jump up and "hang" on all sorts of things (used to be horses tails but we've broken him of that) It's the breed type they love to tug and pull and will jump and hang off things to try and play. Not the type of pics that make one want to buy a pup, but the pics dont scream abuse either. The dogs are obviously socialized enough to be loose (fighting bulls down south are never off chains except for when in the fighting ring)
Back to top Go down
Dun Tru

Dun Tru

so disgusted Empty
PostSubject: Re: so disgusted   so disgusted Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 8:55 am

Just wanted to point out it is illegal to crop ears and tails in Nova Scotia (FINALLY).
Back to top Go down
http://www.meadowbrookstables.8k.com
teekathepony

teekathepony

so disgusted Empty
PostSubject: Re: so disgusted   so disgusted Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 9:10 am

naughty by nature, I'm afraid I must respectfully disagree. Going by that ad alone and no other information, I'd have to say the thing that bothered me the most was the poor use of grammar. I clicked the link and read the ad first, before I read your post, and could not figure out why you were so disgusted.

The dogs appear to be healthy, like lb-ranch said, no cropped tails and only one set of ears, and no battle scars. Perhaps they're showing off the muscle in the parents because for that breed, muscle is a good conformation aspect? I don't know, never had a pit. As for the guy's place being a dump, sure it's no palace, but I've seen worse. My place looks a little like a dump right now too as we're still landscaping after we built.

"Pup comes with UKC registration, dewormed, first vacination an well socialized with other dogs adults an kids." That sounds fairly responsible to me. Socializing with other dogs and kids, that sure doesn't sound like they're aiming at selling these dogs for fighting. Anyone buying a pit for fighting, I would think, wouldn't like to see that.

My mixed breed greyhound/german shepherd/lab/sheltie/whatever LOVES to hang off toys when I pull them up off the ground. She's a little too heavy or not quite strong enough to lift off the ground, but she still loves to try.

I agree that the squatting picture is weird... yeah, no explaining that one, but I'm afraid I just don't see all that much wrong with this ad.

And thank goodness for the new law like Moody Blue said!!
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

so disgusted Empty
PostSubject: Re: so disgusted   so disgusted Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 10:37 am

like moody said it's illegal to cut tails and ears now so that doesn't mean anything . in none of the pictures are the dogs in the same area together only by themselve and being off leash means nothing to me. There is a dog in the spca's care right now because it's owner let it off leash numerous times and had it attack other dogs more then once so just because the dog is off leash doesn' tmean it won't attack
My biggest problem is these dogs have such a bad rap to begin with to post pictures of them hanging like that just shows how dangerous dogs like that can be and how powerful their jaws are. if he was a reputable breeder he would show proper pictures of the dogs to show off their confirmation not pictures of them hanging from a rope on a old dirty mattress in a junk yard.

I don't know this person he could be a great dog owner and thats why i'm not saying anything as the ad it self is nice but people can say whatever they want in writing pictures really speak for themselves.

Like i said I'm disgusted at the fact that they are promoting these dogs the wrong way and putting them in the wrong light in the eyes of other people.

My dog is judged because of people like this that play up their dogs agressive behavior. Pit bulls have a horrible rap and I'm sure anyone that owns one that truley loves the bred wouldn't like these pictures either.
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

so disgusted Empty
PostSubject: Re: so disgusted   so disgusted Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 11:36 am

Why don't you message the guy and ask some questions? Nicely, as if you were thinking about buying a pup. That will give you a clearer idea of whats really going on. He could have taken better pics, but at least there clear, haha. My dogs will also hang off a rope/stick when we're playing. I didn't get the feeling of dog fighter from the pics, but I agree the facility could be questionable based on the garbage.

If I were someone who didn't frequently visit forums I would probably post hill billy pics when I posted an ad. Now, I know that people talk about it, so I'm careful with my pics.

Docking tails just became illegal in the last year or so AND, just because its illegal in the Maritimes doesn't mean its illegal everywhere. Breeders will travel great distances to get these procedures done. Ontario, USA, etc.
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

so disgusted Empty
PostSubject: Re: so disgusted   so disgusted Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 7:32 pm

I know alot of dogs do the same thing but thats how pit bulls are trained for attacking Michael Vik used to make his dogs hang like that for hours to strengthen their jaw muscles. there is another add and it in the dog is actually trying to attack a person
Back to top Go down
Sailorgirl

Sailorgirl

so disgusted Empty
PostSubject: Re: so disgusted   so disgusted Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 9:53 pm

hmmm...Kijiji says the ad is no longer available.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

so disgusted Empty
PostSubject: Re: so disgusted   so disgusted Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

so disgusted
Page 1 of 1