Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics

Go down 
+5
lb-ranch
Highlander
munchmom
just joan
Freva
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Freva

Freva

The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics Empty
PostSubject: The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics    The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:50 am

Earlier in the week, my cousin Jayne (oldladynewhorse) mentioned the possiblity of a Saturday road trip...no destinitation. We called each other at 8AM on Saturday morning and decided it was on. Our tentitive destination was the pretty little town of Sussex....AQHA show and tack shop. Many decades ago ...around 3, we used to hang out a lot but this was out first outing again in ages....so on Saturday we were like teenagers....with wrinkles!!  The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics 561245

The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics July212010021-1

We managed to make great time..chatting and reminising all the way...found our way to the Princess Louise Park without any problem and watched a few classes...lots of pretty ponies....

The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics July212010020

As I said...it has been many years since we attended a show together...many new faces and a few that were familair....when we were doing the show thing many years ago ..Herb Best was just getting started and we had to take a pic and both agree that he still looks good in his Wranglers and.... and...oh yes......he still sits a horse very nicely too....  The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics 338415

The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics July212010002

Ran into friends who took our picture...thank goodness the camera didn't break
 The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics July212010019

While we were watching classes, Jayne started fumbling around in her purse...they say you can tell a lot by a woman by what she carries in her purse.....Jayne has 3 lipsticks, a Tide to Go, and polysporin and that was right on top...not sure way she needed all the lipstick and she must have thought we might injure ourselves and would need the Polysporin....I thought it was funny but didn't dare tell her I had asprin, bandaids and a McGyver pocket knife with 13 attachments in case we needs to escape from some disaster in mine....
 The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics July212010004

Jayne had been wanting to visit a neat little tack shop that she has been referring to as Head to Hoof...which is really called Forelock to Fetlock...so she is kind of close. I had been there once before but couldn't remember the way so I asked for directions and they seemed simple BUT we somehow manged to get serious lost in the tiny town of Sussex....an hour of lost. We somehow managed to end up in Sussex Corners and nothing looked overly familair to me so we decided to stop at a little corner grocery store....when we pulled into the side this is what we saw....
 The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics July212010018

Sussex is a beautiful town with numerous murals painted on the sides of the building...each one depicting the history and special events of the area ...very neat!!!

On with the story.....I again went in and asked for directions...very nice man...really had no clue where the tack shop was but gave me directions to where he thought it might be and we were off again.....once again I told Jayne the directions but we wound back up in Sussex Corners and I told Jayne that we should probably pull into the next place and this is what we saw...
 The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics July212010018
Looks familair , doesn't it?????

We back tracked and decided to continue to take more pics of some of the murals along the way....
 The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics July212010016

We had to turn in a church yard and this is what was on the back of the church...
 The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics July212010013

A lone wagon...perhaps lost....we figured the Man upstairs was trying to tell us something....then we looked behind us to see another mural.......
 The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics July212010015

To us it was saying we should have difinitely listened more closely in geography class and we might not be lost like we were......after that we somehow managed to get back to the park that we started from But not before running into this.....
 The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics July212010014-1

We proceeded to ask for more directions to the tack shop at a gas station....I made Jayne go in with me this time because she was beginning to think I was a tad daffy or deaf...maybe both....we had a nice girl give us directions and a MAP...we were cooking with gas now. She sent us back on the highway...down two exits and lo and behold...there it was...the infamous Head to Hoof Tack Shop
 The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics July212010017

They have a large amount of stuff in the little place....new and consignment. We didn't buy a lot but had a great time looking......curiousity was killing the cat though because Sussex is just a small town and we knew there had to be an easier way to get there so we turned in the opposite direction and started bck towards the town...200 ft to a stop sign and guess what we saw...the show grounds where were started out...arggg We had a good laugh about it....what else could we do???

We headed back to the Park and took a few more mural pics along the way.....I believe this is the agriculturial building maybe...a long huge mural and they happened to be doing a few touch ups...just so you can see the size and detail.............
 The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics July212010010
 The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics July212010012
 The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics July212010011
It was a great day....we aren't going to wait another 30 years to do it again!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics    The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 12:21 pm

THAT WAS A GREAT ROAD TRIP..........NO EIHEL....AND NOT ENOUGH TIME SPENT IN THE VEHICLE TO GET THOSE DARN CLOTS.........wooo hooo......wish I had been there...........the murals are amazing........I should paint one on the side of my barn........great pix....glad you guys had a blast.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
munchmom

PostSubject: Re: The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics    The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 5:30 pm

OMG what a blast from the past! I can remember spending many hours hanging over the fence watching Herbie Best and Shortstop Bailey. I don't know who I was more in love with ... him or the horse. I went to school with him - even took some lessons from him (I rode English VBG)
I heard he had had hip replacement a couple of years ago - suddenly I felt old  The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics 602907
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics    The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 6:16 pm

Oh munchmom...it is good to know that we are not alone.....and can remember when....ahhhh!!!!! I think there was many a young lady that spent time leaning on the rail. As I said...yesterday we were like terminal teenagers.....didn't see the gray hair or extra laugh lines.....I think we all can use a day like that every now and then....it was great!!!!!

and JJ...we would have even listened to Ethel I think.....she couldn't have gotten us any more confused than we already were.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics    The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 7:50 pm

Gee how did I miss you, I was there Fri, Sat, and Sun!! I spent wayyyy too much money at North Stream Tack Shop... ha..

I guess I kinda like Sussex too I kinda found my man there and planning on moving! ha.. Looks like you had a great trip!
Back to top Go down
Highlander

Highlander

PostSubject: Re: The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics    The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 7:39 am

Love the pic's Val,looks like you and Jayne had a howl of a time.The murals look amazing,must make the town look so colourful.Glad you too had a great day. :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
lb-ranch

PostSubject: Re: The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics    The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 8:06 am

For the amount of time you were "lost" in sussex, you should have been able to cover every street in the whole town, It's not that big, lol glad you finally found your way to your destination. Going back again in Sept to sussex?? Kid wants to know.
Back to top Go down
teekathepony

teekathepony

PostSubject: Re: The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics    The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 8:53 am

I always wanted to paint my house with murals! Johnny said I can have a wall in the basement...

Looks like an awesome time! Sounds like fun. Glad you found the right tack shop too! :D
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics    The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 10:03 am

We got there around noon on Saturday and stayed a couple of hours....I sort of looked for you Mere but didn't see you. We could have done the walking tour of the town in the time we spent going in circles. It really is a pretty little town, a nice combo of old and new....they had sidewalk musicians etc....sometime I would like to take the time to see all the murals...they are numbered and done by different artist ...all colorful and unique. And Syl...tell Kid....I hope to be in the cheering section!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
oldladynewhorse
Mod
oldladynewhorse

PostSubject: Re: The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics    The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 11:43 am

We kind of looked for North Stream @ the show but missed them also. Good thing cause I think I would have spent too much money there also. I was really impressed with the show grounds (1st time there). The bathroom was really clean and that one of my biggest pet peeves. It passed inspection. It was great seeing people I have not laid eyes on for 30 years. Horses were huge, lots of silver and sparkly shirts!! Had a blast.
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics    The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 2:46 pm

Sounds like you gals had a blast!!! I loved the murals.. they were spectacular. I have never been to Sussex.. If ever I get moved back to NS. that is one of the place I want to go and visit.

lb_ranch... LOVE your siggy pic.. NICE job!
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics    The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 7:04 pm

Glad you had a good trip... i love Sussex and that tack shop is great.. we too got lost looking for it hahahahaha but worth the look !!! love the murals sure they were not there when i was there !!! but who knows with my memory hahahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics    The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Road Trip or Lost and Confused......With Pics
Page 1 of 1