Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

bernedette's trip thus far

Go down 
+3
mypony
just joan
Freva
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Freva

Freva

bernedette's trip thus far Empty
PostSubject: bernedette's trip thus far   bernedette's trip thus far Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 4:42 pm

bernedette was due to arrive on Friday around 6:45 at Fredericton and oldladynewhorse and I were there to pick her up......but somehow we lost her.....she wasn't due to arrive into Fredericton airport that night we were told. After telling bernie that we wouldn't leave her stranded in the wilds of Canada that seemed to be exactly what was happening. She managed to get a call into my husband and he relayed to us that she had missed her connector flight from Montreal and would be arriving in Saint John instead so we were off like a herd of turtles to the aiport there. Finally at 11:15 the Irish lass landed. She was tired but all smiles.
bernedette's trip thus far Aug610002
After her long day on Friday, Jayne and I just took her to see a few local sites and introduce her to a few new friends on Saturday
bernedette's trip thus far Aug810004
Sunday we were off bright and early for a day of whale watching in beautiful St Andrews, NB.
bernedette's trip thus far Aug810012

I was looking at the biggest sturdiest boat I could find but bernie , being adventurous, decided to try a zodiac. They gave us full floatation suits ...mine was brand new, bright orange so I figured if I fell overboard they would be able to find me so we went for it.

Amanda and Captain Dave
bernedette's trip thus far Aug810028

On our way out.......doesn't this remind you of Mrs. Conehead
bernedette's trip thus far Aug810048
On the look out
bernedette's trip thus far Aug810111

I am so glad that we did the zodiac...sightings everywhere....what an amazing experience.
bernedette's trip thus far Aug810087
bernedette's trip thus far Aug810086
bernedette's trip thus far Aug810123
bernedette's trip thus far Aug810121

It was a wonderful day. Thanks, Amanda for letting me share it with you.

Monday was just another laidback day, drives down a few country roads.....my brother owns property that was once an Amish like community. The group has vacated and the houses are now empty. We climbed through a few doors....managed to rip the leg of my jeans but it was all worth it...very interested to see how they managed to build things and live....Amanda has pics and maybe she will be able to post in a while. Had coffee with my sister, an ME'er yesterday PM and a nice visit with Jayne again last night.

bernie headed to the bus depot and boarded around 9:30AM and was looking so forward to the next part of her visit with Moonshadow. She should be arriving around 5...........stay tuned for the next installment!!!!! The Adventures of bernedette and Moonshadow

Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: bernedette's trip thus far   bernedette's trip thus far Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 6:45 pm

Well DOCUMENTED there my friend...........cant wait till its OUR islands Turn............wooo hoo
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
mypony

PostSubject: Re: bernedette's trip thus far   bernedette's trip thus far Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 10:07 pm

So far her trip sounds pretty good!

The pictures of the whale jumping dose not look real! Are you for real? or are you pulling my leg?
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: bernedette's trip thus far   bernedette's trip thus far Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 10:30 pm

They are real, My Pony but we honestly thought the same thing when we got the pics home on the computer. We were in a zodiac boat and couldn't stand up and was on the off side of the boat. I just held the camera as high above my head and prayed I would get a decent picture.. They said the whale was a Minke by the name of Gonzo about 25 feet long and he apparantly has been putting on breaching shows almost everyday...it was amazing!!! There was another lady in the boat who thought quickly enough to do a video clip and she has promised to forward it to us.

I got a call from Amanda tonight and she and Moonshadow have met and they had a nice tour from Charlottetown back to Woods Island and she thinks PEI is just beautiful!!!
Back to top Go down
Fiere

Fiere

PostSubject: Re: bernedette's trip thus far   bernedette's trip thus far Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 12:11 am

Thats a lot of action for just a few days!! Poor Bern is going to sleep for a month by the time she gets back to Ireland!! Someone should give me a 'meet and greet' time for when she hits Cape Breton, I'd love to share some caper hospitality with her as well!

As for the whales, spectacular shots! It's amazing how such a massive creature can leap straight out of the water so gracefully. It would have been breathtaking to see, I've only seen whales blowing off the coast a few times and dolphins playing around lobster boats. I'd simply be in awe of such a sight as that!
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: bernedette's trip thus far   bernedette's trip thus far Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 12:21 am

She would love to meet up with you Fiere!!! She is hoping to touch base with as many ME'ers as possible. I am thinking she will be in Cape Breton by next Sunday for a few days before heading to Tammy's Island...
The whale watching was really amazing. I had been in the same area about 10 years ago and there was nothing like we saw on Sunday. There were even mothers with calves...the captain said the baby was about 10 months old. Although we never really "saw" them...they would come to the surface and the mom would put up a big spout and then the baby would have a little spout!!! As for the whale coming out of the water...he did it so fast and graceful that it was hard to get a picture...I just kept snapping and hoping!!! I still can't believe how they came out.
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: bernedette's trip thus far   bernedette's trip thus far Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 2:48 pm

What an experience...Amanda will go home with some lovely memories!!! i love the seals they are so cute.....
Back to top Go down
DesignedByDiesel

DesignedByDiesel

PostSubject: Re: bernedette's trip thus far   bernedette's trip thus far Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 4:28 pm

Is Bernie coming down to visit Lightning and all us valley folk?
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: bernedette's trip thus far   bernedette's trip thus far Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 8:53 am

DbyD.....bernedette will be spending time in Cape Breton with Joan before heading to Nfld. I know she would love to meet as many ME'ers as possible but it is difficult to always make travel connections. Maybe if you touch base with JJ on Sunday after bernie arrives, they would know more.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: bernedette's trip thus far   bernedette's trip thus far Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 10:29 pm

It sounds like Bernie is having the trip of a lifetime - and will need lots of rest when she gets home. I can't wait for her to get here. they have a HUGE celebration going on locally here called the Cupids 400 (check it out) so I figure we'll go see some of the festivities and talk to the local characters. Should be a hoot!

PS - Capt Dave scares the poop out of me! bernedette's trip thus far 570740
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bernedette's trip thus far   bernedette's trip thus far Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

bernedette's trip thus far
Page 1 of 1