Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rave: The Horse Community

Go down 
+5
Wissy
Tammy
Simi
just joan
D-Cutch
9 posters
AuthorMessage
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

Rave: The Horse Community Empty
PostSubject: Rave: The Horse Community   Rave: The Horse Community Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 11:00 am

As most of you are aware things have been pretty tough for us lately. Lots of "whys" and difficulty accepting this horrible reality. Lots of returning, undoing, far too much crying, and explaining to little girls who just can't fathom the outcome. Amongst all this sadness, frustration, and grief there has been one really big positive force and that is the horse community.

Glenn and I are so touched and so grateful to everyone that has reached out to us to offer their support, their experiences, and their words of wisdom. I can't even begin to describe the kindness from those around us.

The horse world is full of an array of unique people and we often see the odd tiff or argument because most of us are guilty of having strong opinions and huge hearts that sometime govern hasty actions. I know that Glenn, the girls, and myself are blessed to be part of a community that has so much heart, caring, and support within. The horse world sure knows how to come together and help in a time of need and really make a family who is struggling realize all that the world around them has to offer.

We've meet some really fabulous horse folks over the years and a really near and dear family friend sent me the below quote... I have a great deal of respect for her and after the first read I kind of went, "Huh? You want me to live with grief? are you nuts I can't go on like this..."

BUT as the days have gone by I have come to realize that my near and dear friend who also has far more life experience than I do makes a lot of sense...grief doesn't go away it becomes a part of you and what you chose to do with it determines the shape of your future.

"Grief is something not to overcome or to escape, but to live with. It is always there, but one can make room for it, recognize it as a companion, not an intruder, be aware of it but not possessed by it; one can continue one's work, even one's joys in its presence."
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Rave: The Horse Community   Rave: The Horse Community Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 11:09 am

The quote is definately one to live by Dominica......for the heartache will forever be there......we must embrace it, recognize it, and carry on living for all the others who still need you.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: Rave: The Horse Community   Rave: The Horse Community Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 11:16 am

WOW I took your quote and send it to a good friend who is still grieving the lost of her son.. She to this day is still fighting it.. It was her son's birthday the other day she called me crying, but i told her don’t cry celebrate his birthday.. He is still with you always. I wish I could have read this to her.. Hugs girl you are one in a million.. Keep being who you are...
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Rave: The Horse Community   Rave: The Horse Community Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 11:57 am

The quote from your friend is AMAZING. I've copied it down in my "quote book".

I think I speak for many who feel honored to be your friends and share in your lives - even if we've never met. I think of you and your family daily, wondering how everyone is doing. The wee ones are especially in my thoughts because I know how confusing things can be at their age. They will be the strength that gets you through.

Rave: The Horse Community 757770
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Rave: The Horse Community   Rave: The Horse Community Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 1:28 pm

oh great D.. got me crying at work.. now how do I explain that!!!!!!! LOL.. well you know how I feel!!!! :hug.gif: (((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))) Your in my thoughts daily..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rave: The Horse Community   Rave: The Horse Community Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 5:59 pm

Wow that does make sense, and a great friend who sent that... My heart goes out to you D, no one should ever have to go through what you've gone through, I've been thinking about you and your family... I know you're a strong person.... Prayers for you and lots of HUGS!!!

And you are so right the horse world really does come together when you need people and support the most...
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

PostSubject: Re: Rave: The Horse Community   Rave: The Horse Community Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 6:03 pm

D, what a beautiful quote - thank you for sharing that....damn, you made me tear up...I'm going to send that to my good friend who lost her granddaughter just over a year ago. Take care, and know we do care, and are thinking of you, Glenn and the girls.
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: Rave: The Horse Community   Rave: The Horse Community Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 12:12 pm

What a wonderful quote, and so good of you to share this with us.

When I was 3 my mother lost an infant son, it is not something that a family ever " gets over". We learn to live with the loss, we learn to live with the responses of others to that loss, none of us handles grief or the loss of a loved one in the same way. I only mention this, as I have shared that quote with my mom, as she still grieves for her son, my brother, and I hope this quote will help her too.

I have had a hard time knowing how to respond to your loss, I can't find the words. But I want you to know I care, I feel and I am so saddened by what you and your family is dealing with.
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: Rave: The Horse Community   Rave: The Horse Community Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 8:33 pm

Evereybody on this site is special and knows how to say things so well so i just second what they say Dominica (((((HUGS TO YOU ALL))))))))))
Back to top Go down
teekathepony

teekathepony

PostSubject: Re: Rave: The Horse Community   Rave: The Horse Community Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 9:12 am

There's not much to add, but you know we're all here for you. Great quote, I'm going to share it too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rave: The Horse Community   Rave: The Horse Community Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rave: The Horse Community
Page 1 of 1