Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My weekend travels

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

My weekend travels Empty
PostSubject: My weekend travels   My weekend travels Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 12:42 pm

Tom and I headed to Woodstock for the weekend to spend Thanksgiving with his parents. They have spent the last year completely renovating their farmhouse (his dad grew up in it). It used to be a creepy old place that gave me the willies and I hated sleeping there. Well, not anymore that's for sure. What a job it must have been but it is absolutely beautiful now. And I have a brand new room to stay in now in the addition they built on the back. Like it wasn't big enough before.

Here are a couple inside pictures. I forgot to take a picture of the actual house.

One of 3 sitting rooms. I love the old door with peeling paint against the new walls and trim. The wood floors were saved from the old kitchen that was reclaimed from the "wilderness" and refinished. The old kitchen was open to the elements for years, you can just see it through the doorway. Again, I didn't get a picture of it. Duh.

My weekend travels Sittingroom

They left the original staircase and bannister. The quilts were found in an old trunk tucked away in a closed off section.

My weekend travels Hall

One of the bathrooms. I am in love with this vanity.

My weekend travels Bathroom

There are enclosed porches on the front and back running the lenght of the house. Heated tile floors and windows up the ying yang. They are still unpacking so there is still lots of clutter...

My weekend travels Porch

Monday morning I headed to Freva's for a quick visit. She made me breakfast and we had a good chat and visited with the ponies. Fred had gone missing when we were trying to get a picture of the two of us so I snapped this one. It turned out pretty good. The sun must have been pretty bright though, cause my eyes seem to be missing lol!

My weekend travels ValandI

Some of the ponies. Dan Dee had left the day before and I really wanted to meet him but there were still few other cute babies to see.

Diva

My weekend travels Valandfilly

Gem

My weekend travels Cutebaby

Yetta, she is a sweetheart

My weekend travels Yetti

Some of the mares

My weekend travels Mares

For Mariea, here's Younger. She wasn't being a good model for the camera so it was hard to get a good shot.

My weekend travels Younger
My weekend travels Younger2

Bailey, chasing kitties

My weekend travels Chasingkitties

Speaking of kitties.... I found another one! This poor little girl was likely dumped at the farm, she is way too tame and affectionate to be feral. She is skin and bones and filthy dirty. I had to go to town on Sunday and buy a pair of clippers so I could shave the mats and burdocks out of her. She even had poop matted to her bum. I brought her home in a cardboard box and will have her tested for feline leukemia... we'll go from there. If she's healthy, I will get her vaccinations started then she'll be looking for a new home. I named her peaches because she looks like peaches and cream corn. I'll get some real pictures of her tonight when she's cleaned up a bit better. These are from the drive home. Lily kept jumping on the box and collasping it. Poor Peaches just sat there and didn't say boo.

My weekend travels Peachessquashed
My weekend travels Letmeout

The pups on the drive home. Very tired.

My weekend travels Duke-2
My weekend travels Lily-1

Last edited by SexyDexy on Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tammy

My weekend travels Empty
PostSubject: Re: My weekend travels   My weekend travels Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 12:50 pm

lol! Love the sleeping doggies - they look so comfortable! Peaches looks so sweet peeking out of the box. She's lucky that you found her.

Tom's parents' house look fabulous. I'd like to spend alot of time on the closed in porches - especially with the heated floors. I can't believe they found those quilts when renovating. Do they know any of the history behind them?

Nice pic of you and Val. I love your taste in sweatshirts. HA HA!
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

My weekend travels Empty
PostSubject: Re: My weekend travels   My weekend travels Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 9:19 pm

ohhhhhhhhh thanks Dex.. love those yellow pony pics.. I forgot Yetta was there.. she's sooooooooooooooooo cute..
love your new kitty but no I don't want another.. you'll find her a great home I'm sure of it.. kodos to you for looking out for her..
Back to top Go down
Highlander

Highlander

My weekend travels Empty
PostSubject: Re: My weekend travels   My weekend travels Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 8:42 pm

Great pic's Dexy,love the sleeping dogs,that's how i feel right now.lol
Yette is a real little sweetheart, i spent ages one of the days i was there just scratching and rubbing and oooohing and awwwwing.

Val is such a warm friendly person and Fred is very dry witted,both lovely people.

The house looks great, and i see what you mean bout the bathroom.NICE.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

My weekend travels Empty
PostSubject: Re: My weekend travels   My weekend travels Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 7:09 am

YEAH.......PICTURES........Love the house, what a fabulous job.......and great finds in that trunk....I only find bodies in closed off spaces...hahah.....kidding........and the pic of you and Val together is really special............so glad you got to spend some time with her and all her four legged friends...........I talk at FRED on Skype........but I usually just see his arm as he is bringing Val up her morning coffee.....hahaha........... :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

My weekend travels Empty
PostSubject: Re: My weekend travels   My weekend travels Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My weekend travels
Page 1 of 1