Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Out of the (my) comfort zone.....

Go down 
+3
oldsaddlebags
oldladynewhorse
Ellie*Mae
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

Out of the (my) comfort zone..... Empty
PostSubject: Out of the (my) comfort zone.....   Out of the (my) comfort zone..... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 5:40 am

got an early xmas pressie from hubby -

I'm signed up for 4 dressage lessons in the New Year....

yup, english.......... lol!
Back to top Go down
oldladynewhorse
Mod
oldladynewhorse

PostSubject: Re: Out of the (my) comfort zone.....   Out of the (my) comfort zone..... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 11:23 am

What a lovely gift. It is something I have always wanted to do. Now I am a little envious. Have fun!!
Back to top Go down
oldsaddlebags

oldsaddlebags

PostSubject: Re: Out of the (my) comfort zone.....   Out of the (my) comfort zone..... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 5:21 pm

You will love it. I have a friend that teaches dressage and I love the connection I get with my horse.
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: Out of the (my) comfort zone.....   Out of the (my) comfort zone..... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 8:24 pm

That sounds like so much fun! Will you be riding one of your horses for this??? ENJOY!!! See if you can get a pic or two while your at it. Out of the (my) comfort zone..... 912700
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Out of the (my) comfort zone.....   Out of the (my) comfort zone..... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 9:11 pm

I find it VERY romantic that he thought of something like this for your gift. Out of the (my) comfort zone..... 775395
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

PostSubject: Re: Out of the (my) comfort zone.....   Out of the (my) comfort zone..... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 8:36 am

I think it will be great fun-I'm really looking forward to it, I certainly always have room to learn more :-) I've met the coach and the horses, and she's pairing me up with a like-minded rider. (probably means old and un-athletic too!)
MS, the lessons won't be on Arrow. It's only for 4 lessons - just to get through the winter-not-being-able-to-ride-at-home-blahs! Tammy - he is just SO grateful I give him some idea what I want...he is toooooo funny....and yes, in his own way, very romantic! Kill me if he knew I posted that LOL Not likely Arrow and I will be doing flying lead changes and piaffes all over the back field....hahahahaha...at least not on purpose....! I'll to get hubby to come at least once to get pictures...
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

PostSubject: Re: Out of the (my) comfort zone.....   Out of the (my) comfort zone..... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 6:11 pm

So, I survived!!!!!!!!!

Rode last night - sort of like perching on a 2 x 4....narrow horse, wittle bitty saddle....I'm used to Arrow, the big comfy couch!
I haven't felt so off balance in a long time on a horse...no suede seats there, by gum!

Lady who rode with me last night is a hoot - she is a early-middle-aged lady beginner beginner (as I am basically, when it comes to that english stuff) and very comical, so it was fun! Love it when people don't take themselves too seriously...

Not a convert yet, by any means. Gawd. Getting off was not pretty. Whats up with the sliding off crap, anyway???????

Next week...maybe we'll trot. Or not. We'll see.

Tally ho!
Back to top Go down
oldsaddlebags

oldsaddlebags

PostSubject: Re: Out of the (my) comfort zone.....   Out of the (my) comfort zone..... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 4:57 pm

You'll get used to sliding off...it's the only way I can get off my horse. People look funny at me all the time when I do that in a western saddle. If I didn't I would be dangling from my foot in the stirrup. Short tubby woman tall sturdy horse LOL :doglaugh.gif:
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: Out of the (my) comfort zone.....   Out of the (my) comfort zone..... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:24 pm

Good for you Ellie Mae. I tried english many years ago...too much me...not enough saddle...I like big ole comfy couches. I just love watch someone else ride english though. Thumbs up for Hubby being thoughful and for heeding your hint. I hope you truly enjoy the remainder of your sessions and we will look forward to the pics!!!!

Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: Out of the (my) comfort zone.....   Out of the (my) comfort zone..... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 3:52 pm

I chuckled out loud when I read your description of sitting astride an English saddle. Bwhahahahaha!!! I personally feel like I am teetering .. no sense of balance on an English saddle as well. I prefer bareback, to that feeling. You are a brave lady..lol Can't wait to hear more about each lesson. Kudos to your hubby, for being so supportive. Now make him take some pics!! lol!
Back to top Go down
teekathepony

teekathepony

PostSubject: Re: Out of the (my) comfort zone.....   Out of the (my) comfort zone..... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 4:07 pm

Good for you! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Out of the (my) comfort zone.....   Out of the (my) comfort zone..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Out of the (my) comfort zone.....
Page 1 of 1