Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need Some ideas!!

Go down 
+5
C4B's
Freva
teekathepony
imarowdyrebel
Simi
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Simi
Mod
Simi

Need Some ideas!! Empty
PostSubject: Need Some ideas!!   Need Some ideas!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 12:35 pm

Hey Ladies and Gents me and Kaila were chatting this am and we think we need a facelift.. Also I would like to remove threads that have no activity on them and maybe you have some ideas for some news one etc.. Let me know what you think and we will get on it soon
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
Simi
Mod
Simi

Need Some ideas!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Some ideas!!   Need Some ideas!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 2:28 pm

You all look at this topic but none of you say anything about it.. I would really like your input because i have this site for you all...
Back to top Go down
imarowdyrebel

imarowdyrebel

Need Some ideas!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Some ideas!!   Need Some ideas!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 2:31 pm

I personally like the way it is, you guys do a good job! Keep up the good work :)
Back to top Go down
teekathepony

teekathepony

Need Some ideas!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Some ideas!!   Need Some ideas!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 3:09 pm

The only things I can think of adding would be fun things. There's lots of places to ask serious training or health questions, so lets have a place to let loose and have fun. Maybe games, like the alphabet game that we did, and there are so many more like it. Maybe a place for funny horse pictures? Or funny horse videos? That sort of thing.
I like it the way it is too, don't get me wrong. Just trying to make suggestions as they were asked for.
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

Need Some ideas!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Some ideas!!   Need Some ideas!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 4:20 pm

I love the site.....and if changes are to be made...I would side with Teeka...maybe a few funny, light hearted topic area or maybe a topic especially for rants and raves....I think we all could use that one occasionally. lol Really...I personally appreciate the time and effort that is put into the site and always make it a part of my day and enjoy my ME friends. I know I have been more quiet than usual this winter but spring is a poppin" and I just know activity is going to pick up again!!!! Sometimes change is a very good thing...will be looking forward to see what happens!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
Simi
Mod
Simi

Need Some ideas!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Some ideas!!   Need Some ideas!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 8:38 am

here are some Marerick had which i like some of them and I also like the Funny topic idea..
ask a trainer

stallion showcase

pet memorial

horse laws

horse rescue and for adoption

new member-place for new people to introduce themselves, discipline, horse they own etc...

bring some more on ladies.....
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

Need Some ideas!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Some ideas!!   Need Some ideas!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 9:37 am

I know i tend to lurk around and not contribute too much...but i love looking and look everyday at work !!

But i love the site and what you do..

I like this new set-up, and like teekas idea on a fun spot..

What about a spot for peoples kids / grand kiddies photos and a spot for puppy / doggie photos or just any photos if not horse related !!! we have some great photographers on this site and it is so nice to see the photos...just wish photobucket was not so hard to use !!!!!
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

Need Some ideas!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Some ideas!!   Need Some ideas!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 10:24 am

I agree, some of the categories are hardly ever posted in so they could be replaced with something new. I like the pet memorial and new member place ideas. Non-horse related - A place to share recipes.

Maybe a question and answer spot, about anything really. ME members come from all different professions and regions and we all are knowledgeable about something that maybe others may need answers too. For example, I can answer questions about crops and other things Agricultural, Kalia knows about veterinary issues and Trish is the expert in the mortgage/financial planning area.

It has been rather quiet over the winter, you'd think that it would be the opposite since we are cooped up for months at a time. Everyone should try to post atleast 1 topic per week so that we can get the conversations going again. This is my favorite site and I certainly do appreciate all the work that goes into it!
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

Need Some ideas!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Some ideas!!   Need Some ideas!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 11:05 am

so Airs above the ground can go have had a post in a year, on the bit can go havent had a post in a year, Bonding with your horse hasnt had a post in over a year, trail rider and just jumping, so no really post on these what do you all think about remving theses and adding some new threads
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Need Some ideas!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Some ideas!!   Need Some ideas!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 1:00 pm

I like the way you've got it divided up. A Miscellaneous Photo category would be fun - a place for anything BUT horses. I really like the idea of the Horse Welfare and Adoptions.

You're doing a fantastic job. I also look at the site every single day. Your efforts are greatly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
teekathepony

teekathepony

Need Some ideas!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Some ideas!!   Need Some ideas!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 7:22 pm

I like the "other photos" thread idea (but then that is my specialty!)
Stallion showcase is a great idea. I also love pet memorial.
I'm a member on a fish forum and it's very active, one thing we do is welcome every single new member. The post usually says something like this:

"Welcome EcoReefer!

Please take a minute to review our Forum Rules and Policies under "Rules and Policies" section.
There's also the Avatar guidelines right in this section for your quick reference.

Feel free to post anytime you have ideas, questions or even pictures you would like to share with us.

Have fun and Welcome to TACONS!! "

Then everyone joins in and welcomes them to the club. It's kind of nice too. Just an idea. Throwing it out there.
Back to top Go down
teekathepony

teekathepony

Need Some ideas!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Some ideas!!   Need Some ideas!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 7:48 pm

Oh! One other idea I came up with a while ago but it got no responses: Blogs. Have a section for blogs and then people can start a thread as their own blog. For example I could make "Wendy's training blog" and keep track of my progress in training my horse. Others can comment or encourage, but it's not really a place where I'm keeping track of things for my own benefit and where others who are doing the same projects can read and get ideas or give feedback.
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

Need Some ideas!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Some ideas!!   Need Some ideas!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 8:27 am

Not sure how to do the blog thing? you mean a thread called blogs that you can go start a thred and keep adding to it so peole can read your everyday progress??
Back to top Go down
teekathepony

teekathepony

Need Some ideas!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Some ideas!!   Need Some ideas!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 9:19 am

Yep, that's it. I'm not sure if you can see this without being a member, but if you can, here's the one on my fish forum:
http://www.nsaquariumclub.com/f56-member-blogs-and-journals

Basically yes, we have a section called "Member Blogs and Journals". Each member if he/she so pleases can go and start a thread. That way instead of adding a new thread to different sections every time they talk about the same breeding project, they just keep adding replies to their own.
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

Need Some ideas!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Some ideas!!   Need Some ideas!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 10:42 am

Teeka I just made a thread for bloggers that way you can wright away each day in the thread> I think that will be easier to deal with than trying to add a Blog site..
If it wont work i can delete it..
Back to top Go down
teekathepony

teekathepony

Need Some ideas!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Some ideas!!   Need Some ideas!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:02 am

The way you have it looks perfect! Thanks :)
Back to top Go down
Fiere

Fiere

Need Some ideas!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Some ideas!!   Need Some ideas!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:09 am

Looks great! I agree! Also, the change has brought a lot of new hits, goodness I haven't spent this much time reading in a while! Love it!
Back to top Go down
teekathepony

teekathepony

Need Some ideas!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Some ideas!!   Need Some ideas!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:22 am

Fiere wrote:
Looks great! I agree! Also, the change has brought a lot of new hits, goodness I haven't spent this much time reading in a while! Love it!

I agree!
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

Need Some ideas!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Some ideas!!   Need Some ideas!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:57 am

Yes thanks Ladies Kaila did a awesome changing it up for me... I hope it picks up some more great people to join...
Back to top Go down
Sooke

Sooke

Need Some ideas!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Some ideas!!   Need Some ideas!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 5:39 pm

how about a 'new to family' thread...could be baby, puppy, new horse...even a truck or barn!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Need Some ideas!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Some ideas!!   Need Some ideas!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need Some ideas!!
Page 1 of 1