Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal

Go down 
+6
tilly
teekathepony
Wissy
Freva
Bay-Lee
amadtatter
10 posters
AuthorMessage

Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal Empty
PostSubject: Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal   Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 2:00 am

Here's Bubba... He's now over 2 months old and doing great! My little pony gelding has taken to him and he's now turned out with him daily.. So Bubba sure has been one heck of a lucky little boy. He just graduated to drinking out of a bucket a few days ago so I guess that means my little baby boy is growing up :(!!! The plan was NOT to keep him he was supposed to be forsale until he became a orphan so at this point not sure what the plans are with him. But it's very hard not to get attached when you are feeding him every few hours and you soon have a bond... He is very well behaved as we are very strict with him with his behavior and I think being turned out with my gelding has done him the world of good. The vet is pleased with him and how well he's done and how well he behaves with us. So I guess we're on the right road. One great thing is he's had a major awesome appetite from day one. He loves his goats milk, grain and second cut hay so I guess that's helped him more than anything else.

So here's Baby Bubba (my boyfriend named him as he said it suited because he was always looking for his bubba)

Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal May2011087

Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal May2011090

Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal May2011085

Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal June2011042

Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal June2011040

Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal June2011032

Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal June2011036

My Boyfriend who doesn't ride ha.. Jumped on my gelding and Bubba just thought that was great chasing them around!

Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal June2011019
Back to top Go down
amadtatter

amadtatter

PostSubject: Re: Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal   Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 3:22 am

These photos are simply sweet! Your gelding appears to love him as much as you do...my smile got bigger with each picture. Gonna be hard to put a for sale sign on that little cutie!
Back to top Go down
Bay-Lee

Bay-Lee

PostSubject: Re: Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal   Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 7:16 am

aaahhh, your gelding really took to the foal....Those pictures say it all.. what a pretty baby...
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal   Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 8:15 am

The pics are lovely. Jayne and I had the pleasure of meeting Baby Bubba and his "other mother" Morgan this past weekend. I am so happy that we got to meet them in person. You have done a great job with the foal, Mere!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables

PostSubject: Re: Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal   Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 1:35 pm

Thanks girls! I appreciate that.. I guess our hard work and long hours have finally paid off. Now that he's going on 2.5 months I think we're in the safe zone now.. And yes Morgan was always my "once in a lifetime horse" and he just proves more everyday why that is! This was jsut the icing on the cake!

As for selling, I kinda have a feeling it isn't gonna happen! ha... And I sure didn't need another horse... I am trying to get down in numbers but I guess these situations just take place sometimes!

And Val thanks! I wish I had been here, but glad you got to meet my baby Bubba..
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal   Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 9:59 am

he's so sweet.. I would keep him too.. he's really special and I think Morgan thinks so too.. look at him watching over Bubba like a Momma.. funny isn't it!!!
Back to top Go down
teekathepony

teekathepony

PostSubject: Re: Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal   Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 12:54 pm

What a great story, I'm glad he's doing well. Love that your gelding took to him, how sweet is that!? Great pictures.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal   Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 2:52 pm

Ha.. Yes you know when I really get thinking about it I still can't believe he's so good with him. The day I took the pics of him standing over him I couldn't believe it. I went out and here was Bubba laying down and Morgan over him and I was like how the heck would he even know a mothers instinct to be protective over a foal. But somehow he's got it figured out, I take it maybe he's talked to the broodmares in the barn for some tips on raising his foal! hahaha Bubba I hope at some point realizes just how damn lucky he really is because so many people would have just put him down and said the heck with him and those that kept him would never have another horse to take to him like Morgan. So he's a lucky little boy!
Back to top Go down
tilly

PostSubject: Re: Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal   Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 7:55 pm

I have been wondering how your baby has been doing, he looks great. My old pony took our orphan, I think old gelding make better moms to orphans. I just loved the pictures. Congrats on all your hard work!!!
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal   Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 11:19 am

This is so heartwarming! Morgan is just like his mamma. Bubba is certainly a lucky little man. You've GOT to keep him now!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal   Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 8:45 pm

Yes Morgan is one in a million that's for sure.. The other night I took Bubba out for a walk "without Morgan" well you should have heard Morgan in the barn screaming! It was like a old broodmare that had lost her foal!

And yes Bubba sure is a lucky and at this point it looks like he's gonna be a keeper, we'll see.. I sure didn't need anymore horses though... But how can you not get attached when you are his mama! ha
Back to top Go down
RobinsKelticBuckaroo

RobinsKelticBuckaroo

PostSubject: Re: Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal   Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 5:49 pm

He is so cute, and your doing such a great job (: love the pics of him and Morgan, what a special guy
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal   Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:15 am

Great story Meredith, love little Bubba and his MOMMA ......your gelding sure is one in a million......how are they doing now......have you seperated them or will they be a team for ever???
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

PostSubject: Re: Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal   Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 12:01 pm

Awwww, such sweet pics. When will you actually be off foal duty? I would have gone crazy getting up every 2-3hrs like you did! (But I'm sure I would have sucked it up).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal   Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Few New Pics of My Orphan Foal
Page 1 of 1