Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nose Abcess

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

Nose Abcess Empty
PostSubject: Nose Abcess   Nose Abcess Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:49 am

Cutter sprung an abcess on the centre of his nose yesterday. It was golf ball sized and hard but I took a bucket of HOT water with 10+ drops of tea tree oil, soaked a cloth and held it on the abcess. It busted (GROSS 🤢 ) and immediatly shrunk to half its size. Its still draining and seems to be getting better. Has anyone had this happen before?

Nose Abcess N757900371_6670073_4150755

Nose Abcess Crazy00066

Nose Abcess Crazy00063

Nose Abcess Crazy00045

Nose Abcess Crazy00041
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

Nose Abcess Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nose Abcess   Nose Abcess Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 12:10 pm

Hmmm... interesting - never saw one there on a horse before. I've seen abcesses on sheep - on their heads/around their ears before/neck.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
Tammy

Nose Abcess Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nose Abcess   Nose Abcess Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 9:56 am

How is the absess doing? It looks very sore - and in a really hard spot to keep clean. Do you have any idea of what caused it?
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

Nose Abcess Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nose Abcess   Nose Abcess Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 10:44 am

I have no idea what caused it but its almost gone! Tea tree oil and water did the trick. I haven't really picked/cleaned it too much. I soaked it with hot water and TTO to make it bust, then it was raining out so it was naturally cold hosed and I've applied TTO one other time. The swelling is totally gone and the scab is shrinking everyday so I think he's almost all better. :) Thanks for asking
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Nose Abcess Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nose Abcess   Nose Abcess Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 9:07 am

good to hear!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

Nose Abcess Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nose Abcess   Nose Abcess Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 5:36 pm

poor guy......bet that hurt like hell........TEA TREE OIL is really magic.....keep using it.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
~TC~

Nose Abcess Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nose Abcess   Nose Abcess Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 7:59 pm

Katie had one last summer on her muzzle... similar spot.... Got big and hard like a golf ball. When it came to a head finally, I gave it a squeeze and it drained.

Poor girl was sore, not sure how she grazed with it so tender.. I assume she got a splinter or maybe even stung by something that started it festering..

Anyhow..she is no worse for wear today... she is all cute again... ;)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nose Abcess Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nose Abcess   Nose Abcess Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nose Abcess
Page 1 of 1