Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sunburnt nose

Go down 
+7
Freva
Dun Tru
Purple Chaps
mypony
Wissy
Ellie*Mae
Walk On
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Walk On

Walk On

Sunburnt nose Empty
PostSubject: Sunburnt nose   Sunburnt nose Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 10:11 pm

My poor app has a very sunburnt nose,blisters all over it,can you put human suntan lotion on a horse? Any tips for relief poor girl :36_33_11[1].gi
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

Sunburnt nose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunburnt nose   Sunburnt nose Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 7:09 am

Yes- I bought some of the sport stuff, a high SPF in cream form for Arrow - which is a pain to put on him :roll: ...so instead I got a fly mask with nose flap instead...
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

Sunburnt nose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunburnt nose   Sunburnt nose Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 7:16 am

poor baby.. you could put on alo vera as well that will relieve some pain.. and the fly mask with the nose flap is a great idea..
Back to top Go down
mypony

Sunburnt nose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunburnt nose   Sunburnt nose Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 8:30 am

My paint get sunburnt on his nose. I feel so bad for him. I got a fly mask that has a nose pice that cover most of his nose. That seems to work. I also put sunscreen on too. Poor fellow. Every time I see a foal with a white nose I think... alife time of sunburnt nose... Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Purple Chaps

Sunburnt nose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunburnt nose   Sunburnt nose Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 10:28 am

we've used baby sunscreen on our white faced guys. A nice layer of zinc cream works well too,
Back to top Go down
Dun Tru

Dun Tru

Sunburnt nose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunburnt nose   Sunburnt nose Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 6:32 pm

For my girl Kallie she burns bad, and quickly. So I put aloe vera on at night to soothe and than load on the sport sunblock in the morning and re-apply if I am around throughout the day. Really seems to be helping her!
Back to top Go down
http://www.meadowbrookstables.8k.com
Freva

Freva

Sunburnt nose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunburnt nose   Sunburnt nose Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 7:49 pm

We have an aloe vera gel that seems to soothe and help heal. Those white noses sunburn so quickly and easily. We also have full face masks but not every horse seems to take well to the mask.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
Simi
Mod
Simi

Sunburnt nose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunburnt nose   Sunburnt nose Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 7:58 am

The Paint ( Mister) I have at my place nose got burnt real bad, I have been putting zinc cream on it and Aloe Vera and now it is a lot better and I got Cathy ( Sky ) to order in a bug eye fly mask the long one and so far so good...
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
PonyWrangler

Sunburnt nose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunburnt nose   Sunburnt nose Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 6:01 pm

i use the kid's sun block, it works really good
Back to top Go down
GeneralLee

GeneralLee

Sunburnt nose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunburnt nose   Sunburnt nose Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 3:19 pm

Really any sunscreen will work fine, just be sure to rub it in well:)
Back to top Go down
oldsaddlebags

oldsaddlebags

Sunburnt nose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunburnt nose   Sunburnt nose Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 1:11 pm

Penaten cream, it's a zinc cream for baby bottoms. Thick paste that sticks wonderfully. I use the creamier zinc cream to rub in at shows. Works wonders.
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

Sunburnt nose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunburnt nose   Sunburnt nose Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 6:49 pm

How has everyone got along all summer??

I'll need more ideas by next summer...Arrow HATES the mask, almost as much as he HATES any cream put on his nose.....cripes :devil5.gif:
I really don't want to keep him in every day - he's like a cow in the barn :roll:
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

Sunburnt nose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunburnt nose   Sunburnt nose Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 7:14 pm

Ellie Mae...We are in the same boat with one of our mares, Kandee. We bought her early in the summer and she came to us with very bad sunburn on her bald face. I laid the zinc cream to her and put a full length mask on her but she proved to be a Houdini with the mask. She ripped the velco off and lost in once and we had it fixed and she lost it again and we still haven't found it. Next I tried a mix of zinc creme, sunbolock and aloe vera (CJ's suggestion) which seemed to really start helping her but she got to the point where she was throwing her head when I was applying it. I give up!!!! Her poor face is a bit better but still has sore spots. She also has a similar sore/scabbing on the sides her white leg. I have seen it in the past on a few white legs but not to the extent that she has it. I can pick away at these spots and they seem baldish underneath but are a bit tender...I think from what I have read on line that she may be ultra senitive to the rays..photosynthesis...I think it is called. A few of our Paints got burned on their white. but I tried to apply the sunblock and zinc cream every morning to white noses and tender spots. I think the burning was worse this summer than last which is strange because we didn't have a get deal of sunshine early on. We noticed this summer that our herd choose to stay out in the sun rather than go to shade. We have open barns and lots of trees but they would stand in the middle of the field. Go figure..................
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
Sponsored content

Sunburnt nose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunburnt nose   Sunburnt nose Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sunburnt nose
Page 1 of 1