Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Update on Stretch

Go down 
+6
D-Cutch
oldsaddlebags
hopeful_farm
Wissy
Simi
just joan
10 posters
AuthorMessage
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

Update on Stretch Empty
PostSubject: Update on Stretch   Update on Stretch Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 1:16 pm

this is from Tammy.........I dont know where the original post is about his colic..

I just came in from the barn. Stretch is doing better but I don't think he's totally over the hump yet. He's only nibbling at the hay but at least he's drinking alot. His poop is forming soft balls now - which is a big improvement from the streams he was letting out yesterday. I think he's still having pains in the belly because his muzzle area still isn't as relaxed as it should be. I have him the last dose of 911 paste that we had this morning. Just before I came in I gave him 60 ml of pepto bismol. Talk about pink lips! He is walking better today and there are some gurgling sounds coming from his belly. Mind you, they aren't as good as I'd like them to be. Massage seems to help stimulate them.

I still don't know what caused it. I've been slowly increasing his nutri pac since the beginning of April because he was thin so that's all I can think of may have contributed to it. He is now off the NP for 48 hrs and then I have to call the vet back before I start slowly giving him feed again. For now he has just free choice hay (which Thunder is taking FULL advantage of).

Update. I just looked out the window and he was laying down so I went out to check on him. The sun is actually out today and 2 of the others were laying down too so I wasn't sure if it was colic related or not. I think it is. He wasn't comfortable and would look back at his side. Then he lay down flat and let out a nice big fart! He's up now and his belly is grumbling again. I have him a quick round of belly lifts so I'll see how that goes.

And of course I have to leave today at 2:30 to go into St. John's. Luckily my neighbour will be here and will keep an eye on him. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ... why can't there be more vets in this friggin' province !!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Simi
Mod
Simi

Update on Stretch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on Stretch   Update on Stretch Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 1:19 pm

Healing Vibes coming your way!!!!!!
I hope he is ok!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

Update on Stretch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on Stretch   Update on Stretch Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 1:35 pm

awww poor Stretch...colic is so terrible.. it really puts the fear in me.. cuts and stuff.. you can stitch and care for.. colic is so unpredictable ..
My vet said next time try Dr. Gooseneck.. always gets a horse to poop.. must be the movement on the trailer..lol.. worth a try..

Anyhoo.. hoping he starts feeling like his old self again soon!.. Giant Vibes coming your way Tammy..
Back to top Go down
hopeful_farm

hopeful_farm

Update on Stretch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on Stretch   Update on Stretch Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 4:23 pm

I don't envy you dealing with a colic.... the massage is great though.... good luck!
Back to top Go down
oldsaddlebags

oldsaddlebags

Update on Stretch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on Stretch   Update on Stretch Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 5:23 pm

Healing vibes coming your way for Stretch
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

Update on Stretch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on Stretch   Update on Stretch Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 5:37 pm

Poor Stretch...

Hopefully he is on the road to recovery.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
Caper Cowgirl

Caper Cowgirl

Update on Stretch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on Stretch   Update on Stretch Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 7:42 pm

OMG...I didn't know this even happened...I have been so busy the past few days I must have missed the original post...

Thoughts are with you Tammy and Stretch...Hope he bounces back quickly :hug.gif:
Back to top Go down
Twilight

Update on Stretch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on Stretch   Update on Stretch Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:54 pm

Thinking of you guys, hope all is well.
Back to top Go down
Bay-Lee

Bay-Lee

Update on Stretch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on Stretch   Update on Stretch Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 7:29 am

I will be thinking of them and sending posative thoughts..
Back to top Go down
StraitView G

StraitView G

Location : Strait View Stables - Lismore (between Antigonish/New Glasgow)

Update on Stretch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on Stretch   Update on Stretch Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 9:59 am

Oh no, I missed the original post too. Any word on how he's doing now?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Update on Stretch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on Stretch   Update on Stretch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Update on Stretch
Page 1 of 1