Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Frustrated - Apartment searching

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wil-If-I-Want

Frustrated - Apartment searching Empty
PostSubject: Frustrated - Apartment searching   Frustrated - Apartment searching Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 9:10 am

I'm very very frustrated and need to vent!

I moved the beginning of October 2010 to live closer to my new boyfriend. We'd been seeing each other for 7 months long distance (but together nearly every weekend) My contract at work was coming to an end so I figured it would be the perfect time to move.

I managed to land a job without even missing a pay.. Ironically pay day landed the same Wednesdays as my previous contract job. The job is not as good, but still a well paying job for an administrative assistant with only 4yrs experience.

The day before my interview (my last day at my contract job) they asked if I would stay another 6 months.. I'd already trained the new girl.. my boss was retiring and had been training the new one my last month there... The whole department was going to be changing and I just couldn't imagine enjoying the switch as I really loved the retiring boss... I regretfully declined the offer and moved to the new city and started the new job.

Upon moving here I'd made arrangements with my boyfriends sister to live with her as I didn't like the idea of living with my BF only 7 months in..... I rent a bedroom in her basement (which is pretty large but expensive enough.... ) Her husband is working out west and she was pregnant upon my arrival.. The deal was to move out before she had the baby... but Quinn is now 8 months old LOL

I'm frustrated because this city is so dang expensive... I'm having the hardest time to find a pet friendly apartment. I see some beautiful ones (in my price range) but by the time I reply they are rented.... OR the Kijiji posters opt not to respond to my replies. Is it too much to ask to find an apartment around $800.00 all inclusive that allows an amazingly well behaved kennel trained dog and 2 indoor lazy non destructive cats!!! I refuse to part with my fur babies... It is bad enough that I've lived here almost a year without my cats... my mother is watching them but the time apart has really impacted the dog/cat relationship... the dog and I were home for a week and the first couple days were just Bloody crazy with him barking at them and the cats chasing and batting him... but all was okay after they got their sillies out....

I really feel like a vagabond... I'm between my bfs sisters house and his parents... My BF is ready to live with me but is attending his final year of university and will only be working part time.. I don't expect him to pay half, rather pay what he can... I just feel like I'm paying $500.00 for a bedroom when I could be paying a couple hundred more for my privacy, my pets well-being (I do not allow my dog off leash with the baby around), and I want my kitties.

Other than kijiji where can I look?
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: Frustrated - Apartment searching   Frustrated - Apartment searching Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 10:18 pm

Wil....Fredericton is a pricey city.....our son has lived there for 10 years and has always had a hard search to find an apartment that will accept pets...but they are out there

Try this link http://www.prop2go.com/SearchApartmentResults.aspx?type=Apartments_For_Rent&city=Fredericton

Another thing is that some of the real estate company such as Gorham and VanWart also manage rental properties for clients...you might check their websites out for listing. I do know that Gorham does have some building that do allow cats for sure but at an additonal fee. I am not sure about dogs. Good luck......!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

PostSubject: Re: Frustrated - Apartment searching   Frustrated - Apartment searching Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 12:18 pm

I would try posting an ad on kijiji describing your situation and exactly what you are looking for. Maybe try AR too?

At $800/month I would suggest buying a place! I can't imagine paying that much for rent. Then, charge your boyfriend to live with you as a rommate. That's a decent size mortgage payment, and with a 'roommate' (ie: your boyfriend) it should be managable. I was 22 y/o when I bought my house and it was one of the best decisions of my life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frustrated - Apartment searching   Frustrated - Apartment searching Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Frustrated - Apartment searching
Page 1 of 1