Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oh my Nerves

Go down 
+4
~TC~
Tammy
Wissy
naughty by nature
8 posters
AuthorMessage
naughty by nature

Oh my Nerves Empty
PostSubject: Oh my Nerves   Oh my Nerves Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 7:55 pm

so it seems like it was just yesterday that i was asking to be on the waiting list for ed grants clinic (this was oct) and now it's this WEEKEND!!!! I don't think i'm prepared enough I only started doing the pattern with target again this year last week. he's actually really good at the walk and trot but canter is another story. I can't really run him in our arena at home cause it's too small and hard but oh well. anyway I'm hoping everything goes well cause I'm suppose to be going to the show in salmon river in june :P
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

Oh my Nerves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh my Nerves   Oh my Nerves Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 8:22 pm

Your going to do good.. you need the clinic if your racing at Salmon River in June.. you will learn a lot.. deep breaths.. listen to me.. queen of panic..lol.. ok ok .. so do as I say not as I do.. lol
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Oh my Nerves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh my Nerves   Oh my Nerves Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 8:27 pm

Everything will be fine. The clinic is the place to LEARN and get help with any problem areas. Just keep reminding yourself that the clinic is to prep for the show in June. And remember to B-R-E-A-T-H-E !!!!
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

Oh my Nerves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh my Nerves   Oh my Nerves Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 8:37 pm

thanks Ladies. M my mom says the exact same thing to me all the time lol. It's weird cause I don't usualy get nervous maybe it's cause this is all so new to me it's like I'm a beginner again
Back to top Go down
~TC~

Oh my Nerves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh my Nerves   Oh my Nerves Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 8:43 pm

With Ed's clinics, it probably won't matter...it is so simplified that you and your horse will do great...lol

I did only one barrel and pole clinic ever in my life and it was one of Ed's about 9 or 10 years ago, never raced a race after (only because circumstances put me right into cattle penning) however, I remember almost every aspect of the clinic...

Something like ....

...pick your take off spot, head straight for the first barrel, pick up your inside rein (at that time we said in our heads, "Belt buckle" which reminded us to bring the inside rein to our belt buckle to pick up the barrel side shoulder... I have no idea what he uses now though...), make your pocket, head around the first barrel, LOOK UP... Head straight to the 2nd, pick up your inside rein (Belt buckle!), make your pocket, around the barrel...LOOK UP...! etc... lol

It was so easy to understand... we started out out as slow as it took, and increased our speed only when we felt comfortable to do so....

I am sure he has changed his methods for clinics since then, however, the reports on how his clinics are, remain the same... awesome!...

HAVE FUN! :cheers:
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

Oh my Nerves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh my Nerves   Oh my Nerves Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 9:02 pm

TC .. you are so good at explainations.. really one day I expect you to be giving clinics at your own place or at least having them there.. and I wanna come.. but please do it soon I'm getting old! :)
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

Oh my Nerves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh my Nerves   Oh my Nerves Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 6:40 am

wish I was going with you..........the stuff you will learn and the confidence gained will be amazing.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
oldsaddlebags

oldsaddlebags

Oh my Nerves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh my Nerves   Oh my Nerves Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 9:20 am

TC is right, Ed keeps everything simple.

Supple, supple, supple. Consistant circles not over bent. You can go whatever speed you feel confortable with.

It's not necessarily your speed,as it is your technic.

Have fun, I can assure you that it will be fun!!!
Back to top Go down
Twilight

Oh my Nerves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh my Nerves   Oh my Nerves Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 8:52 pm

I just took the one here in the Valley.

I loved it.

You will have a blast.
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

Oh my Nerves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh my Nerves   Oh my Nerves Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 9:23 pm

thanks guys. I ride with Lindsay and she's be getting me to do alot of bending and circle work while keeping target supple and soft so I'm hoping he is good. I rode today and he was really good at walk and trot but for some reason really having a hard time going into the canter I think maybe his feet are hurting him ? he's getting new shoes tomorrow so hopefully that will solve that issue once he's cantering hes fine lol. I'm just nervous cause I have no idea what i'm doing.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

Oh my Nerves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh my Nerves   Oh my Nerves Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 10:40 pm

hahah NbyN.. I have to laugh.. your going to be just fine, nervous yes only because you've not done this before.. once you have you will know what to expect.. ask TE about her first with Gunnar.. like the time I threw her on him in my western saddle..( she rides dressage) and shoved the two of them out cattle penning for the first time.. she screaming all the way .. "I don't know the rules" .. us screaming back at her.. you'll learn.. hahahha now that was funny.. and her first at CanAm last year.. Gunnar never have been in a drill before let alone in an indoor with hundreds of clapping cheering people.. ohhhhh that was fun.. but this year at Can Am she won't be as nervous cause she knows basically what to expect.. so you will too once you get a bit under your belt.. and then you'll blow off that nervousness you have now.. everyone has to start somewhere.. I have faith in you.. your smart, young and lovin your horse.. LOL... you go girl!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

Oh my Nerves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh my Nerves   Oh my Nerves Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 9:47 am

EVERY THING WISSY SAID TIMES 10
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
naughty by nature

Oh my Nerves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh my Nerves   Oh my Nerves Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 5:10 pm

Well the weekend when fantastic unfortunately there wasn't really anyone there to man my camera so no pictures other then one of target sleeping in his luxury stall. Target was awesome he did the barrels really well steping out when asked and moved off my leg really well we just troted the pattern for the most part cantered the last barrel a couple times which was pretty good. Yesterday we did poles for the first time ever Target has never even seen poles before and he did them like a champ he just troted them but he went threw them really well i didn't even really have to move just shift my weight from one side to the other and he weaved threw them. I'm so proud of my boy I can't wait to get some more work on him and get to the shows this summer.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

Oh my Nerves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh my Nerves   Oh my Nerves Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 6:16 pm

Awe that is so awesome NBN.. I'm so happy for you and can't wait to see you and target racing this summer.. hehehehe.. you must be excited!!!
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

Oh my Nerves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh my Nerves   Oh my Nerves Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 7:23 pm

I don't know if i'm going to samon river or not wissy I don't really have a way to get there for one and I don't think I'm really ready. I'm pm you fb and let you know more about the weekend.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

Oh my Nerves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh my Nerves   Oh my Nerves Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 7:37 pm

okey dokey.. if you think your not ready.. then listen to your instinct.. only you know if it's time or not.. maybe a few more clinics... be safe don't rush it.. you have tons of time
Back to top Go down
missylou

Oh my Nerves Empty
PostSubject: don't be a weenie   Oh my Nerves Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 11:29 pm

get on point give a good kick and close your eyes and pray
:tn_pray110.gif
thats how I'd do it
you can ride a straight line you can do a circle and if you combine them "your in"
OK here is the truth go do better than you did last time
(never been so no big expectations )
stay safe and have fun what else is there
besides all the ribbions you've won in the past are in the basement collecting dust so
JUST HAVE FUN :Barrel-Racer-1 :Barrel-Racer-1 :Barrel-Racer-1 :Barrel-Racer-1
beside I need you To ride slow till I get the hang
of your new camera lol lol!
when can I put lou"s application in for a barrel positon the one at the top so you guys will have a nice BIG cirlce to make

:36_33_11[1].gi FUN FUN FUN ITS ALL ABOUT THE FUN
BESIDES NOTHING CAN BE ANY SCARIER THAN MEGAN AT THE EVENTS DOING THE JUMPER SECTION IN 2 SECONDS FLAT AND CLEARING IT ALL WITH 2 FEET TO SPARE
REMEMBER POINT AND SHOOT
IF YOU CAN HANG ON THEY CAN GET IT DONE
:h1.gif: :h1.gif: :h1.gif: :h1.gif: :h1.gif: :Barrel-Racer-1 :Barrel-Racer-1 :Barrel-Racer-1 : :rein3.gif: :rein3.gif: :rein3.gif: :rein3.gif: :rein3.gif:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oh my Nerves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh my Nerves   Oh my Nerves Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oh my Nerves
Page 1 of 1