Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

good and bad

Go down 
+6
Caper Cowgirl
Tammy
Simi
charlo
just joan
Wissy
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

good and bad Empty
PostSubject: good and bad   good and bad Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 10:38 pm

ok so we had a great time at CanAM.. even though things were a bit hairy at first.. just in case the rumors are flying.. Gunnar was a tad bit scared Friday night during the extravagansa and his rider fell off.. no it wasn't TE (Sarah) it was one of the drill team riders.. anyhoo she tried to hold onto his reins and he swung around and stepped on her arm and bumped her helmet.. she was checked out at the Windsor Hospital and sent back to our hotel ok.. in fact she rode Sunday in the extravangansa and was just fine.. Gunnar did excel in the trail challenge and the clinic with TE.. and she schooled him a bit in the arena outside.. so all was well.. and he learned a lot.. The Girl that fell off of him still loves him and knows it was a bit scarey for him and she wasn't prepared for his fast moves.. lol.. she says he a great horse to ride just needs more exposure.. so everyone was happy.. I felt bad so I am buying her a new helmet just because I want to.. after all it should be replaced after the fall and Gunnar banging into it.. So I hope this settles everyone who may have heard something different.

ok so the bad news.. my computer got this virus through facebook.. I couldn't update my anti virus for the virus wouldn't let it.. so I got the idea to do a system restore back a week prior to getting this virus.. so far I was able to update my anti virus and seems to be working ok.. so far..
does anyone know about this and doing the system restore will it help?????
I'm just glad I can post tonight.. yay
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

good and bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: good and bad   good and bad Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 7:39 am

ooouch........for the kid........and oooooooooooh sorry for Gunnar.......and :P for you...........no really, glad no one got seriously hurt.......what the hell happened to Gunnar........what you need to do at home..........PIE PLATES, BALOONS, UMBRELLAS, TARPS, SCARY BARKING DOGS, LITTLE KIDS SCREAMING, AND SINGING AND BAGPIPES..........THAT SHOULD JUST ABOUT CURE HIM.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

good and bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: good and bad   good and bad Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 7:52 am

Funny thing is he didn't mind the crowd or the people walking around, the plexy glass all around with his reflextion.. none of that bothers him.. a ring full of horses running around some crazy .. nope that's fine.. alone in the ring.. fine again.. it's just the clapping that he hates!.. even the speakers don't seem to bother him and they were loud.. to loud even for me.. I dunno..
Usually he's a brave sole and pretty much can take him anywhere.. something we just have to figure out..
Back to top Go down
charlo

good and bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: good and bad   good and bad Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 8:46 am

What about stuffing his ears with cotton?

Glad everyone is ok and that is very nice of you to buy a new helmet for her.
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

good and bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: good and bad   good and bad Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 8:47 am

I think the clapping had a lot of the horses upset...
Poor gunner.. he is such a doll after all that happen me and Jenn took the kids over to see him and they were all in his stall loving him.. what a good boy.. :36_33_11[1].gi

Last edited by Purple on Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
Tammy

good and bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: good and bad   good and bad Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 8:54 am

It's good to see that you are nipping the rumours in the butt. They can be vicious. Bottom line is that the horses are horses and can react in ways and at times that we don't anticipate. Glad everyone is OK. Guess you'll have to work on that clapping ... although my mom always told me to avoid "the clap". Maybe the Gun Man's mom told him the same! :P
Back to top Go down
Caper Cowgirl

Caper Cowgirl

good and bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: good and bad   good and bad Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 9:27 am

Glad everyone is OK....

I kow of so many horses afraid of the clapping....I have been to many many shows where the announcer has asked the crowd to hold their applause....Cotton or ear plugs may work but then sound is distorted and that might frighten him too...Hard to say...I guess we could all rent an areana and clap while he gets used to it...My heart goes out to you on this one....Maybe his rider should dismount in center ring prior to clapping beginning (that is assuming that is when the most clapping happens)

Poor Gunnar...He is such a pretty boy and a good boy..Nothing worse then rumors, been a victim of them a time or two myself....

Guess we will see you this weekend....Your going to Greenwood, right
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

good and bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: good and bad   good and bad Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 11:14 am

What if you played a CD of clapping/cheering in the barn at night or even out in the paddock during the day?
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

good and bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: good and bad   good and bad Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 11:31 am

Yes we did have the sponge in his ears.. but it didn't help much this time.. I think the excitement of going in was part of it too.. and we did have a recording of clapping.. it's not the same though when in an arena and many people are clapping.. it's the movement of their hands.. like the wave.. so the combination of both set him off.. it's ok we will work on it..
Yes some people just like to stir crap up.. and start rumors.. pretty far from what really happened.
And I wanted to buy her a helmet.. she's a student with not much money and her helmet did take a knock.. not damaged but maybe compromised.. no chances taken, I'll just replace it.. she's a good kid with good intentions.. and still loves Gunnar.. said he was great to ride before the incident and after.. so she's still in love with him. So thank god for helmets.. for anyone who doesn't wear one.. really should reconsider.. I'm not going to harp.. just my opinion.. it may have save this girl from head trama..
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

good and bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: good and bad   good and bad Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 11:41 am

I get it about the hand movement being scary. It would probably be safer for everyone if they just requested that the audience sustain from clapping.

I think its really nice of you to buy her a new helmet Wissy! Rumours suck.
Back to top Go down
Pink Lady

good and bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: good and bad   good and bad Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 8:11 am

Maybe at the clinic this weekend you could get people to help you out with the clapping. Would not be the same as the big ring and the lights and crowd. However may help at least the people there know when to stop and start again if needed.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

good and bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: good and bad   good and bad Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 9:46 am

My suggestion..........Hire a Piper.........one that is just starting.........sure as hell that will cure him of anything.........and if that doesnt work, I could come down and sing for a while and do my CHEERING SECTION THING.............. :cowboyani.gif:
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
naughty by nature

good and bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: good and bad   good and bad Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 9:20 pm

Poor kid I'm glad she's okay, Gunnar will hopefully get over this at some point just keep taking him places not much else you can do that you haven't already tried.
Back to top Go down
Twilight

good and bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: good and bad   good and bad Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 10:48 pm

I know how you feel having had others ride my horses. I loaned out a horse a couple of years ago, and he didn't click with the girl. She is a great rider, but had problems with him on the bground (he can be odd, you have to really work WITH him and not whack him around) and got hurt by him pushing her into a pole while she was tacking up. I felt awful.....even though you warn people, and take every precaution, accidents happen.

This gal made out just fine, and she and I are still friends. She returned tack broken, so I guess that made us quits???? lol

I felt really bad for the horse, though, a lot of people judged him harshly, and don't 'get' him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

good and bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: good and bad   good and bad Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

good and bad
Page 1 of 1