Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

McGregor...

Go down 
+12
SexyDexy
Simi
just joan
Lightning
Ellie*Mae
Wranglin'ruff
Twilight
C4B's
Wissy
Caper Cowgirl
Loves Color
D-Cutch
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

McGregor... Empty
PostSubject: McGregor...   McGregor... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 5:43 pm

Good and Bad...

I guess bad first because it's on my mind... McGregor is colicing quite badly AND I'M STUCK AT WORK... keep the little guy in your thoughts. He is pretty special to us - he takes good care of Brittany and has taught her so much.

And the good (doesn't seem so good right now)...Brittany and McGregor were in the paper today! I'll have to scan the picture and post it. It was from the show that we went to.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
Loves Color

Loves Color

McGregor... Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor...   McGregor... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 6:06 pm

Good luck. Colic is terrible, hang in there.
Back to top Go down
Caper Cowgirl

Caper Cowgirl

McGregor... Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor...   McGregor... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 6:59 pm

I hope everything is OK..keep us posted
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

McGregor... Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor...   McGregor... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 8:06 pm

D, I hope he's ok.. let us know will ya?
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

McGregor... Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor...   McGregor... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 8:16 pm

Hope everything is going ok with him, good vibes heading your way
Back to top Go down
Twilight

McGregor... Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor...   McGregor... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 8:40 pm

Oh jeez, thinking of you and hoping all is okay.
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

McGregor... Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor...   McGregor... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 10:55 pm

Darn Minis...

We ended up taking him to the vet tonight *sigh* I can just see this bill... after we tried everything on the planet we could come up with at home... we walked that horse for over 4 hours... anyhoo Minis are complicated because they can't be rectally palpated and with all the gas he had in his gut they wouldn't be able to see if he had a twist or an impaction via xray or ultrasound...

Anyhoo we're back home and he is highly sedated...there still were some gut sounds so vet is hopeful it's just gas colic but he still hasn't passed any gas but on the flip side there is gas everywhere which is the sign of a twist...

Lets hope the little guy is going to come around....
Back to top Go down
Wranglin'ruff

Wranglin'ruff

McGregor... Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor...   McGregor... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 11:09 pm

Oh no!!!! I hope he comes around soon.....poor Brittany :(
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

McGregor... Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor...   McGregor... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 6:10 am

How's the little guy today??? Thinking about him, fingers crossed for good news!
Back to top Go down
Twilight

McGregor... Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor...   McGregor... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 6:42 am

Still sending vibes your way!
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Mod
Lightning

McGregor... Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor...   McGregor... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 7:19 am

Vibes, jingles, get well wishes heading out to McGregor!! Hope he is well soon!!
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

McGregor... Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor...   McGregor... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 7:21 am

oh I hope the little fellow is going to be ok.. fingers and toes all crossed for his safe and heatlhy return home.. keep us updated
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

McGregor... Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor...   McGregor... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 7:37 am

D...got any updates??????// how is he today??? does he seem a little relieved? hoping and praying all is well.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Simi
Mod
Simi

McGregor... Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor...   McGregor... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 8:18 am

Oh D I am so Sorry Prayers coming your way he will be ok.... :tn_pray110.gif
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

McGregor... Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor...   McGregor... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 8:27 am

Well he seems to be doing better this morning - really shakey on his legs and sucked up...just looks completely and totally exhausted but he's alive and the fact he is doing better assures us there isn't a twist in his intestine which is a huge relief....

He's the type of horse that has a really quirky little personality....always on the go and kind of like an adult that just won't ever grow up - always playing and fooling around but a superbe work ethic and seems to have the comprehension of who he can fool around on and who he can't...

It sure wasn't easy watching him in the state he was in yesterday... it was a bizarre colic - no sweating, instead of wanting to roll he'd just lay down on his back with his feet in the air (like a dog that's playing dead) which I assume offered some relief and he was drooling which also is something we hadn't saw before... Another thing he did that made us question if it was colic was he was hanging out the whole time and wanting to pee - we actually thought bladder infection or kidney stones for awhile... and when he did pee it seemed horribly painful and forced. The vet informed me that was due to the pressure the gas was creating (just some info I didn't know so I thought I'd share).

I'm not particularly saavy when it comes to colic - we have a large number of horses here but *knock on wood* colic is not an ailment we're familiar with. A couple other interesting things I learned - if a horse has a twist one of the likely signs without ultrasounding or xraying is the ability to hear gas at all angles of the barrel (both sides along with the underside) and another interesting fact if the stomach continues making gurggling noises that is a good sign there is not a twist or an impaction.

We usually move our Minis around in the back of the truck (they fit easily and they don't mind the least... he'll even jump up on the 1/4 ton by himself but last night we knew he'd go down on the back of the truck so I took him in the trailer - the vet must have been laughing inside when I pulled in with the big heavy duty truck and the big trailer to haul the little guy who weighs probably 200lbs soaking wet...
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

McGregor... Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor...   McGregor... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 9:37 am

Poor little guy, he must be exausted after all of that.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

McGregor... Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor...   McGregor... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 10:00 am

poor little buggar........glad he seems to be improving........when Abbey had some impaction colicy problems, instead of walking we joined hands under her belly with a towel and moved it along from barrel to teats with some pressure.......she wasnt twisted or anything, just filled with gas.....it worked pretty well. pretty hard to get under the little guy though unless you put him on the kitchen counter.
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

McGregor... Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor...   McGregor... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 4:30 pm

Bah.... colicing again. I can already tell this is going to be a very long and likely expensive weekend....

*sigh* this isn't looking promising at all... Brittany is going to be so upset if we can't get him fixed up.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

McGregor... Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor...   McGregor... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 4:37 pm

oh shoot D........not looking good at all!!!!! did we change anything in his diet? got any ideas what;s going on?......good luck with him.
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

McGregor... Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor...   McGregor... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 5:16 pm

Poor little guy and poor you for going through it, will be thinking of you and sending out good vibes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

McGregor... Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor...   McGregor... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 10:58 pm

I hope the little guy pulls threw I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Back to top Go down
Wranglin'ruff

Wranglin'ruff

McGregor... Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor...   McGregor... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 11:17 pm

Poor little guy :( Hopefully he starts to come around soon.
Back to top Go down
Twilight

McGregor... Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor...   McGregor... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 9:51 pm

Hoping that no news is good news......
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

McGregor... Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor...   McGregor... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 9:58 pm

Still thinking of you all and hoping all is going well!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Caper Cowgirl

Caper Cowgirl

McGregor... Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor...   McGregor... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 10:30 pm

Any updates D??? Hope everything is OK
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

McGregor... Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor...   McGregor... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

McGregor...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hats By Sue :: General Topics :: Good Day and/or a Bad Day let us Know!-
Jump to: