Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My new house

Go down 
+4
Wranglin'ruff
Tammy
just joan
mypony
8 posters
AuthorMessage
mypony

My new house Empty
PostSubject: My new house   My new house Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 7:31 am

Back in November me and the hubby bought our first house. Well the whole process was an experience from hell. First it started off by the selling real estate guy did not take our two offers to the seller. Eventually we bought the house through private sale, that also was a horrible time. It was during the financial crisis and it took two weeks for us to get approved for the mortgage. So that was no fun at all.

Then once we got the house we started our renovations. Once again, we encountered trouble. Before we bought the house we had a home inspection. Everything was in fine shape. All we thought we had to do was replace the flooring, change the bathroom around and paint. Not so easy...

The living room floor was not supported. Yup that is right. We had a contractor in and he said that if we had 15 people in the living room, the floor could collapse! Eventually we got that all fixed, the domestic water had to be replaced and some of the electrical had to be replaced as well. So that set us back quite a bit. Luckily my hubby is very handy and he was off work for the winter.

We eventually got most of the work done by mid April and we moved in at the beging of May. We still have some trim to put up, be we can live with that. Soon we will be building a shelter for the ponies to come and live at our house.

Here is the front door, before and after. I never thought that I could love a door, but I do!

My new house 20081106_0157-1
My new house 20090616_0046

The Kitchen

My new house 20081106_0191

The beans (which were just for look) and the red had to go! I striped, sanded, primed and painted the doors, it took lots of time.

My new house 20090616_0035
My new house 20090616_0034

Oh ya, we had to replace the woodstove and put a steel liner in the chimney, cause we could not get insurance with what was there.

My new house 20081106_0177
My new house 20081208_0266
My new house 20090616_0030
My new house 20090616_0031

So we also had to change the bathroom around. You had to go through two bathrooms to get to the second bedroom. Yup two bathrooms in a row... Strange...

My new house 20081106_0166
My new house 20081106_0168

I don't have any finished pictures of the bathroom, but here is my 6 ft bathtub. I always wanted a bathtub I could laydown in. Now I got one!
My new house IMG_2120

We made changes to the entrance/hallway. There was a bathroom, but it was SO disgusting, we got rid of it. We opened it up more.
My new house 20081106_0192
My new house 20090616_0028

This is pond that is right outside the living room. It is nice, but all a pond is, is a big hole in the ground that you put money into... I just got 8 goldfish yesterday. I hope they live.
My new house 20090616_0043

This is the walkway around half of the pond. It was all overgrown, so I scraped all the grass off the patio stones. I had no idea that it was so nice.
My new house 20090616_0043
My new house IMG_2575

So that is my new house. For a while I really hated it, this has been the worst experience of my life. It has not been fun, which is too bad because buying your first house should be fun and exciting. But we mad it through this. Now we have to make it through clearing the land... 9 acres.... Maybe we will just hire someone...
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

My new house Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new house   My new house Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 8:14 am

HOLY SMOKES.............WELL DONE...........you guys have been really busy, it looks terrific!!!!!!!! and once you have the ponies home...........well then life will almost be complete!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS. :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Tammy

My new house Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new house   My new house Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 8:21 am

What a huge change. You guys have been working your butts off. Lord Gord always says it's easier to build than renovate, so my hat is definitely off to you two. And just think, what else would you have been doing with all your spare time, eh? Gotta love those handy hubbies!
Back to top Go down
Wranglin'ruff

Wranglin'ruff

My new house Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new house   My new house Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 9:51 am

Wow did you guys ever do an awesome job!!!! :flower: I don't know if I would the patients or the skill for renovating.
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

My new house Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new house   My new house Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 7:22 pm

great work. Now how did the home inspector not notice that the living room had no support under it? that seems odd. I work for an insurance company and look at homes much differently now then I did before I worked in the industry it's crazy what you can find in homes around the maritimes.
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

My new house Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new house   My new house Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 10:28 am

Your kitchen looks amazing now, great job. It all looks lovely My new house 573748

Quote :
how did the home inspector not notice that the living room had no support under it?

I was amazed at all the things the inspector "missed" (I'm leaning more towards "didn't report") in the house I bought. Things that are quite obvious now that I've found them. Atleast next time I'll be sure to look more closely myself and not rely on the inspector.
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

My new house Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new house   My new house Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 12:17 pm

Wow :flower:

Looks fantastic...you and Tim did a great job!!!! I'm glad you shared pictures from before and after - I bet it makes you feel alot better about the work you did when you compare the changes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

My new house Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new house   My new house Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 7:00 pm

Nice, you guys did a ton of work! Hopefully bringing the ponies home will go smoothly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My new house Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new house   My new house Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My new house
Page 1 of 1