Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My First Mini!!!!!

Go down 
+4
D-Cutch
Wissy
imarowdyrebel
blackfly
8 posters
AuthorMessage
blackfly

blackfly

My First Mini!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: My First Mini!!!!!   My First Mini!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 7:58 pm

I usually just lurk, not much to say I guess but I just had to share my news. After reading about D-Cutch's adventures with McGregor I just had to have one. He is a 7 year old registered gelding, broke to harness, and 33" tall. He is an appy type mini. I did really get him to keep my younger horse company when taking my older mare away for trail rides but am looking forward to driving him and possibly showing him in the future.

https://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c135/back40/Morroco/Morroco/

My First Mini!!!!! Minigelding
Back to top Go down
imarowdyrebel

imarowdyrebel

My First Mini!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Mini!!!!!   My First Mini!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 8:48 pm

congrats they can be alot of fun!
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

My First Mini!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Mini!!!!!   My First Mini!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 9:30 pm

Blackfly.. he's adorable.. I too love minis and one day I will have one.. lucky you to get one now.. and D Cutch can help you with any questions you have.. just don't ask her to clip yours.. lol..
Back to top Go down
blackfly

blackfly

My First Mini!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Mini!!!!!   My First Mini!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 am

Thanks. I'll be sure and keep him away from D Cutch's clippers! lol! I've wanted one for a long time I just couldn't find a good excuse to get one. I'm worried that they might be addictive though. I've heard it's hard to have just one. I'm looking forward to our adventures. I just hope the girls like him.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

My First Mini!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Mini!!!!!   My First Mini!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 7:58 am

well keep us posted and share some more pics.. lol.. we love pics!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

My First Mini!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Mini!!!!!   My First Mini!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 8:12 am

Congrats on the new addition :flower: Bring on the pictures!!!

I think you will really enjoy driving - I know Brittany and I sure do....those little things can go forever!

My clipping is improving lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
Simi
Mod
Simi

My First Mini!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Mini!!!!!   My First Mini!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 8:12 am

Well Blackfly welcome to the board and Love your new Mini My mom and her husband started with 1 mini now they have 4, They show them and love them.
The big horses got to be to much but to give up horses all together they just couldn't do so at least they can still enjoy smaller versions of horses lol...
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
blackfly

blackfly

My First Mini!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Mini!!!!!   My First Mini!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 8:31 am

Thanks everyone. We don't pick him up until Sunday. The picture is one that his owner sent me so not the greatest. Silly me went to see him and forgot my camera.

Riding is getting harder for me since I have arthritis, so I to am thinking when I have to give it up I will still have a mini or two (or more) to play with. I'm new to driving but have a friend who does so she can help me out a bit.

D-Cutch I love reading your adventures with McGregor and Brittney is beautiful. Keep them coming and I hope the little guy is doing better. I'll just have to take your word that your clipping is improving but if not we are safe here in N.S. for now. lol!
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

My First Mini!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Mini!!!!!   My First Mini!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 8:49 am

lol! Good point - since I'm not too keen on swimming I think you're safe for the time being! :flower:

Watch out because when the driving bug bites...it bites hard! I started driving 4 years ago and havn't looked back. Glenn ends up training everything I own to drive... including my penning mare who I now drive to keep in shape so the family can come along.

I have a rather bad back and I find the Minis much easier on me than the riding... I find the driving very relaxing - we are hoping to eventually get a cart that we can put a team pole on and hitch them team...

I look forward to hearing an update on the new addition!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

My First Mini!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Mini!!!!!   My First Mini!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 1:48 pm

congratulations..........he sure is handsome.......love him in his spotted pjs!!!!! well a mini was what I was going to give myself till I got talked out of it.........I still think I might yet...........I had a ball driving one up river from here........the instructor had me doing barrels in the indoor driving the mini...........it was a complete blast!!!!!!!!!!!!...good for you.......I'm sure you are really excited, and I wouldnt worry too much about D-Cutch with the clippers anymore.....she's waaay tooo busy now to care!!!!!!! :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
blackfly

blackfly

My First Mini!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Mini!!!!!   My First Mini!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 3:53 pm

Joan, I was almost talked out of it as well. I always had a thing for miniature animals whether it be dwarf rabbits, pygmy goats, or whatever. It seems some horse people feel that minis are a bit useless. He is first and foremost a companion but I know we will have fun with him. Get yourself a mini girl!

We were going to get a goat or miniature cow or even a lamb or two but I didn't want to have to buy another type of feed. I also find goats and sheep waste a lot of hay or that has been my experience anyway. What if the horses didn't like the cow or goat? Besides I thought it would be fun to drive. I love watching the combined driving events. My husband has always wanted to drive draft horses so this will be a good start for him. Start small I always say!

I'll breathe easier knowing that D-Cutch is too busy to do any clipping. Perhaps when she does have some free time her clipping will have greatly improved and we won't all have to live in fear. :affraid:

Better pictures will follow when he gets home.
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

My First Mini!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Mini!!!!!   My First Mini!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 4:17 pm

JJ I know where you can get one *wink* *wink* AND she has a nice hair cut.... lol!
Back to top Go down
oldsaddlebags

oldsaddlebags

My First Mini!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Mini!!!!!   My First Mini!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 4:58 pm

Congrats on the new little one.

Minis are addictive. I showed minis for 5 years, they are a blast and very convenient to show. Everything is smaller to handle and pack. Loved it.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

My First Mini!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Mini!!!!!   My First Mini!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 11:00 pm

Joan I'd thought maybe I'd suggest going to D's place put hell we wouldn't make it out alive.. they have far to much work to do.. lol..
Blackfly.. never ever let her near anything you own with hair.. she will tell you she's getting better.. well D.. I need proof.. any pics of Siera with new hair do??? :P
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

My First Mini!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Mini!!!!!   My First Mini!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 6:27 am

first of all I promised Ed that there would only be two horses here at one time anymore..........that includes a mini and no you cant have 2 minis to make one horse.....but when Old Abbey goes I will get me a mini and a cart and Buck can just come along with us being ponied with the picnic basket............hhhhhhhm.......D...the wink wink...........do you have someone in mind............remember must have spots!!!!! sorry I stole your thread there blackfly.
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

My First Mini!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Mini!!!!!   My First Mini!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 10:34 am

He's a very cute little fellow, you going to have a ball driving him. Congrats!
Back to top Go down
blackfly

blackfly

My First Mini!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Mini!!!!!   My First Mini!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 1:52 pm

Thanks Barefoot_Horsegirl. Not only is he cute he seems very quiet and very loveable. My husband may regret our bringing him home. It might be the start of an addiction.

Joan I'm sure a few of us on here could get together and come up with some stories for Ed to help you with getting a mini. I'm thinking you could tell him he/ she followed you home, someone gave it to you, it must be a stray, or it was here since we moved here, didn't you notice. I'm sure some more creative people on here could help you out.

The guy I'm getting Morroco from has a 31" mare for sale with spots just to temp you. My First Mini!!!!! 831788
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

My First Mini!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Mini!!!!!   My First Mini!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 9:44 am

honest to god........there are folks on here looking to get me hung!!!!! but, well, the story I told him about Sam was quite similar........so maybe he might just think ........no, he really aint that stupid............just quiet......but who knows what will blow in my barn over the winter.......hahahaa...hope you are having a perfect time with yours. :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

My First Mini!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Mini!!!!!   My First Mini!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 10:51 am

Whats another flake of hay per day JJ? :flower:
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

My First Mini!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Mini!!!!!   My First Mini!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 11:20 am

hahhehehehhahaha bwahahah .. wait til I tell Nancy we might be driving mini's at your place Joan sometime soon.. ohhh I can hardly wait.. lets us know if you picked out a few in our area.. we can trailer them in.. with a cart and all.. Greenhawk usually has carts on sale and for mini's they are pretty cheap.. lalalalalalalal do da do da day.. lol!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

My First Mini!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Mini!!!!!   My First Mini!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 12:44 pm

well if you wont cross the great big long bridge......then we have to wait till the ferry will start running again next spring.......D would be pissed if we didnt go to her place to look at minis first!!!!!!!!!!! and Brittany would show us how to drive!!!! :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

My First Mini!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Mini!!!!!   My First Mini!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 10:46 pm

okay.. I'm up for going over the long bridge again.. anytime you give the word..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My First Mini!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Mini!!!!!   My First Mini!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My First Mini!!!!!
Page 1 of 1