Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hoof Boots

Go down 
+3
C4B's
just joan
will
7 posters
AuthorMessage
will

Hoof Boots Empty
PostSubject: Hoof Boots   Hoof Boots Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 1:27 pm

Hi,

I have a tender footed QH gelding. I would like to get him some boots rather than shoe him. Does anyone have any recommendations or personal experience with boots?
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

Hoof Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoof Boots   Hoof Boots Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 2:37 pm

there are quite a few who have used different brands of boots.....and some that are particularly hard to put on..........but I really like the looks of the RENEGADE boot....I think you can just google them.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
C4B's

C4B's

Hoof Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoof Boots   Hoof Boots Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 2:50 pm

I use the easy boot epic, which are i do not find easy to put on but once on appear to be comfortable for the horse, my mare is very tender footed but walks really well in her boots...
Back to top Go down
mypony

Hoof Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoof Boots   Hoof Boots Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:04 pm

Boots seem to be a great idea. I have a pair of cavallos for my gelding Thunder (he had both navicular and laminities...) I am going to get a pair for his back feet too, not sure if they will be cavallo or not (it depends on the price...)

I have had the boots for some time, but haven't used them that much because I was worried of the boots hurting him (like rubbing) But over the last few weeks I have been doing more reading and learning the great benefits of what the boots can do for his feet. The boots have to fit just right (and these boots fit Thunder)

They (who ever "they"are) say that boots should not be kept on 24hrs. I have been putting the boots on Thunder for a couple of hours a day, a couple of times a week while he is grazing. I have also been putting foam inserts to help stimulate the frog. I think it is making a difference. I haven't taken any pictures lately to compare.

When Thunder has his boots on, you can really see the heel first landing (that is what you want) Even non horse people can see it. And I must say that horse boots are one of the most ridiculous looking piece of horse gear I have ever seen. The first time they were on Thunder, I almost died laughing. At first the horse walks funny and are not use to them, but it does not take long to see a change in their gate.

Shop around, ask questions because there is several different types and brands of boots. Unfortunately there is not too much selection on eBay. There are some boots that are tough to fit the first time. Cavallos just have two pieces of velcro, pretty simple.

When my Cavallos wear out I think I might get a pair of easy boots epic (even though they look funny...) From what I have read and heard, they are one of the best boots on the market right now.

If you order off line make sure that you are getting a pair, some sites sell each boot separately. So that could be expensive (still cheaper then shoes)

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
~TC~

Hoof Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoof Boots   Hoof Boots Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 9:21 pm

Newer boots are coming out all the time..

I like something that is the least bulky,...but often that means it is the type of boot that stays on for longer periods..

This is a neat Blog on the new "Easy Boot Glove" and Glue on...
Again...so many new advances almost daily, it seems. :)

Blog
Back to top Go down
mypony

Hoof Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoof Boots   Hoof Boots Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 10:07 pm

I did some reading on those glue on boots. They seen to be weird. I don't know what to think of using that much glue and then to take them off, it's quite a process.
Back to top Go down
~TC~

Hoof Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoof Boots   Hoof Boots Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 10:20 pm

Yeah, I agree... I like how small and tight fitting they are...but they would be best for a weekend event, like the endurance rides etc. The convenience factor isn't there for the "odd trail ride" like regular hoof boots, but it would be worth it for some events that are a few days long...
I think, anyway...
Back to top Go down
oldsaddlebags

oldsaddlebags

Hoof Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoof Boots   Hoof Boots Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 9:31 am

I have been using the Easy Boot Epics all summer. I would contact the judge beforehand for their approval of the boots. There hasn't been a problem, they agree with the use of tehm.

They were a little difficult to get on at first, but after a couple of times it was a piece of cake. If they started getting harder to put on then that was time for a trim. I had my mare's feet trimmed every other week. That seemed to work best. I didn't get the farrier out every time. My friend just rasped around for me. We have issues that we are working on her feet for. They are flat pancakes.

I just sprinkle powder on the bulbs of her feet to absorb any moisture and she hasn't had any rubbing at all. She has very white feet with very pink skin.

If I go to a show I put them on in the morning and leave them on all day long until I go home. They are a wonderful invention. Luv, luv, luv them.
Back to top Go down
~TC~

Hoof Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoof Boots   Hoof Boots Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 9:52 am

Back to top Go down
oldsaddlebags

oldsaddlebags

Hoof Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoof Boots   Hoof Boots Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 5:12 pm

Thanks TC, that's great!!!
Back to top Go down
Bay-Lee

Bay-Lee

Hoof Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoof Boots   Hoof Boots Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 7:52 pm

I use the easy boots bare with the gaters and I love them...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hoof Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoof Boots   Hoof Boots Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hoof Boots
Page 1 of 1