Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GREAT DAY AT PEETREE STABLES!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tammy

GREAT DAY AT PEETREE STABLES! Empty
PostSubject: GREAT DAY AT PEETREE STABLES!   GREAT DAY AT PEETREE STABLES! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 8:44 pm

Before I even start I want to let you know that right now I am listening to some snoring from downstairs and trying to figure out if it's Lord Gord or the dog! Ooops ... I just heard some movement and a scratch, so it MUST be the Lord.

Today was a wonderful day here at Peetree Stables. The sun was out and the wind didn't pick up until late this afternoon. Fronie came over in the morning and we did the barn together. I must say that she's got the hang of things ... even if she does add fresh sawdust like she's icing a cake! Fronie cleaned out the smaller paddock while I did the larger one. Skipper is a very good supervisor. When I pointed it out to Fronie she said, "that's why he wears the white hat!" I thought it was pretty funny!

GREAT DAY AT PEETREE STABLES! Skipperandhiswhitehat

GREAT DAY AT PEETREE STABLES! Skipperandhiswhitehat2

GREAT DAY AT PEETREE STABLES! FroniescratchingSkipper

While we were doing the barn I received a call from my hay supplier saying that they would be able to do a delivery this afternoon. Being the domestic goddess that I am, my first thought was what to cook for supper that would be quick, easy and be able to be served at whatever time we needed it. SPAGHETTI ! I told Fronie and she asked if I had any meatballs to put in it. MEAT? In my sauce? How the heck am I supposed to save enough money on groceries to pay for hay if the crew is expecting meat in their meals? She said she had some italian sausage at her place and would run home and get it. Her hubby is home right now (rig worker) and he was pretty confused when she ran in the house, grabbed the sausage and said, "We're still in the barn if you're looking for us!" He just HAD to call over and see what was going on.

Once we got our work done we decided to take advantage of the day and go for a ride.

GREAT DAY AT PEETREE STABLES! Skipperincrossties

I think Skipper was trying to tell us that we were taking too long. Well, Stretch was so filthy it took two of us to brush him and even after that he still left a cloud of dust if you pat him!

GREAT DAY AT PEETREE STABLES! BoredSkipper

Fronie is getting very relaxed and comfortable on Stretch now so we ventured outside the riding ring for the first time. Fronie absolutely loved it! The boys were so well behaved and we had such a good time. Even when Stretch tried to make Fronie part of a tree (there was a puddle). On our way home Mike came out and took a few snaps.

GREAT DAY AT PEETREE STABLES! November2009004

GREAT DAY AT PEETREE STABLES! November2009005

GREAT DAY AT PEETREE STABLES! November2009006

GREAT DAY AT PEETREE STABLES! November2009007

When I got off Skipper I noticed what looked like an imprint of my butt on his back. Sort of reminded me of the days when I worked in an office and they had a photocopier! What do ya think?!

GREAT DAY AT PEETREE STABLES! ButtMark

When we came back I let Rosie loose again. She disappeared for a bit and when she came home she had a message for me. It was, "hey mom - the pool is STILL open!" Filthy, maggoty dog!

GREAT DAY AT PEETREE STABLES! Rosie

GREAT DAY AT PEETREE STABLES! Rosie2

Supper went well. Everyone LOVED the spaghetti. We loaded 178 bales of hay into the barn. Kayla chased a mouse and then decided she wanted him for a pet so beat it into the house to get her bug house. Our she came, hair flying in the wind, cage in hand. Kyle (Fronie's 15 yr old) helped her search for the mouse (wink, wink) but alas, they couldn't find him. She was pretty disappointed but I told her not to worry - one of the cats would probably bring it home for her. To which she replied, "won't be much good for playing with THEN!".

Now it's time to get my sorry butt into bed. It was a wonderful day but a wee bit tiring!
Back to top Go down
Oakie Dokie

PostSubject: Re: GREAT DAY AT PEETREE STABLES!   GREAT DAY AT PEETREE STABLES! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 8:55 am

That sounds like a productive day.....You cleaned the barn, put hay away, made supper and also got a ride in.....
That pony is just precious....Ponies get so furry in the winter it make it hard to resist them..
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: GREAT DAY AT PEETREE STABLES!   GREAT DAY AT PEETREE STABLES! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 10:23 am

Can I come live with you Tammy? lol! Sounds like a great day. I'd love to have horsey friends close by to spend a day like that.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: GREAT DAY AT PEETREE STABLES!   GREAT DAY AT PEETREE STABLES! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 10:48 am

WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO FOR YOU AND FRONNIE..............but did I spy a buggy behind skipper????? will it fit him????// did you always have it?????? do I remember it being on the little pony at a parade?????? what a great day you guys had..............wooooooooooo hoooooooooooo :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: GREAT DAY AT PEETREE STABLES!   GREAT DAY AT PEETREE STABLES! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 9:06 pm

Yes JJ, you spied a buggy behind Skipper. It's Thunder's. Unfortnately Skipper won't fit into it but one of his old owners is going to lend me his traditional newfoundland slide for the winter. Skipper used to haul it when the fellow owned him. He's also putting together a harness that will fit Skipper so winter is looking like it's going to be alot of fun. We also have our eyes peeled for some sort of cart. Skipper loves to pull and apparently can do it all day long!
Back to top Go down
Jolie

Jolie

PostSubject: Re: GREAT DAY AT PEETREE STABLES!   GREAT DAY AT PEETREE STABLES! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 9:08 am

Great for you guys. Your dog reminds me of my lab when he disappears on walks and comes back so happy with himself while being filthy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GREAT DAY AT PEETREE STABLES!   GREAT DAY AT PEETREE STABLES! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GREAT DAY AT PEETREE STABLES!
Page 1 of 1