Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :)

Go down 
+13
Paint-Lady
Sailorgirl
Freva
SexyDexy
C4B's
naughty by nature
Lab Rat
Tammy
Dun Tru
RobinsKelticBuckaroo
Wissy
Ellie*Mae
RedBaronBPeppy
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RedBaronBPeppy

RedBaronBPeppy

Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :) Empty
PostSubject: Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :)   Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 11:53 pm

well, as some of you may know, i recently sold my paint gelding... he went to his new home about 3 weeks ago. The other day i was browsing on kijiji, and i came across an ad... my horse is up for sale again!! :( instantly, i was panicking.. i contacted the lady i sold him to asking what was going on..
she told me that when she got on him to ride him, he started bucking. she didnt fall off, but now she is scared and says she doesnt want to ride him anymore. this was very frustrating to hear, because when i sold him, i made it very clear that he was an UNBROKE horse, and also that i wanted him to go to a forever home.. im sure many of you saw my ad, and would agree that it quite clearly stated he was a special case, and he needed an experienced home with lots of time and patience..
she said to me that she doesnt understand because he was good the first time she rode him.. i wanted to explain to her that just because he was good the first time does not necessarily mean hes going to be the same the next time!! but shes not even giving him another chance... :s
also, another thing that is bothering me is the wording of her sale ad... she has him priced at double what she paid for him, and a lot of false information... like, that he has been backed with no issue, and is very laid back...
I feel so helpless.. i know i dont own him anymore, but its only been 3 weeks! and with the misleading ad, whoever buys him is going to get an awful surprise when he isnt what they expected.. and im very worried hes going to end up in a terrible situation.. or even worse... on a meat truck. this was my biggest fear.
this situation is also giving me serious doubts about being able to trust anyone really.. one of the things i required was a reference... which she gladly gave me, and after speaking with them, i was confident this was the perfect home for him... apparently not.
i just dont know what to do.. she wont sell him back to me for the price she paid. she wants more.. and i cant afford to buy him back anyway :(
is there anything i can do??? i really need some comforting guys! :( im seriously kicking myself for not making her sign a buyback /giveback contract of some kind..

Last edited by RedBaronBPeppy on Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:08 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

PostSubject: Re: Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :)   Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:05 am

I would be Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :) 84948 angry - on so many levels. Gawd. Unfortunately, so many people are not to be trusted....just hope it works out okay for you, and the horse....I saw that ad yesterday, and I was "what the??" Is this person using your photos from the original ad, too?? There really are no limits....
or, you may want to post a counter-ad on Kijiji....
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :)   Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:18 am

oh that certainly have me in a rage.. yes do your own ad on Kijiji explaining what has happened even use your ad pics.. after all they are your pics.. amazing what some people will stoop to.. amazing.. and very very immoral.. Crap that peeves me off.. So sorry girl for your trouble.. you have every right to be very upset..
Back to top Go down
RobinsKelticBuckaroo

RobinsKelticBuckaroo

PostSubject: Re: Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :)   Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:15 am

This is awful. I remember your ad quite clearly stating that he needed an experienced handler and wasn't broke. I don't know what to tell you, but i really hope something works out for your boy!
Back to top Go down
Dun Tru

Dun Tru

PostSubject: Re: Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :)   Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:21 am

I saw the ad also and was quite shocked! Poor pony - I hope he finds a great home. Some people just don't listen and unfortunately. I had a bad experence when selling a horse before too - same kind of situation, sold as a green broke horse, they put a saddle on that didn't fit him and he took to bucking (I don't blame him!) in the end I ended up buying him back poor pony :(
Back to top Go down
http://www.meadowbrookstables.8k.com
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :)   Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 12:50 pm

Horrible! Situations like this really piss me off! If you can afford to buy him back at the price you sold him, let her know this and then wait to see what happens. I doubt she'll be able to sell him at the price that she wants and if she is anxious to sell him then she may "give in" and let you buy him back. I think alot of undeducated people think that they are "different" and that they can work miracles with horses. They don't listen to advice and end up jumping into something that they can't handle. Like this woman. If she is adamant about not selling him back to you, you can always try to have someone else approach her and see if she'll drop the price for them (on your behalf but unbeknownst to her). Keep us posted on the situation. I'd like to come over there and just kick some butt!
Back to top Go down
RedBaronBPeppy

RedBaronBPeppy

PostSubject: Re: Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :)   Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 4:53 pm

thanks so much for all the support guys..
sometimes i dont know what i would do without you all!!

Ellie- Mae -- yes, they are my pictures that she is using :( i thought about a counter-ad, but i dont want to start a fight.. im going to try and stay on her good side and maybe work something out...
several of my friends have emailed inquiring about her reasons for selling, she gives them all a different reason... a friend of mine even went with, "I know the previous owner, the horses issues, and the price you paid for him, so how low will you go?" she replied back saying she could go no lower than $1800, because it cost her $500 to go get him and he has cost her $200 in feed so far.. now, i dont know about you guys, but if my horses were eating $200 worth of hay & grain in 3 weeks, id be so far in debt i wouldnt know what to do with myself! and $500 to get him?? My QH Denver, came from near Liverpool, NS, and i got him trailered to Charlottetown (still 45 mins from my house, but fairly close) and it only cost me $307!! theres no way it cost her $500 with her own truck and trailer from Noel to Cardigan, PEI. grrrrr.... :(
Back to top Go down
Lab Rat

PostSubject: Re: Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :)   Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:16 pm

A seller is also supposed to 'swallow' the costs of keeping the horse as well. If I were to ever sell Red (which is not even an option), do I really think I can ask for the board/feed/vet bills/trailering I put into him in the last year? A person really shouldn't expect to re gain the costs of caring for your own horse. I wish there was something I can do to help!

It's really unfortunate that you're dealing with a person with such little integrity.
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

PostSubject: Re: Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :)   Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:05 pm

can you buy him back at the orig price she paid for him? If so what was the price I will email her and offer it for you if you want to get him back and see what she says.

I hate people like that what an buttercup I believe in Karma and this woman will get what is coming to her soon enough
So sorry that you have to go threw this. I had a rough experience with my old mare I leased her and now the people say they "own" her she's in a great place and has great care but still it's the principal
Back to top Go down
RedBaronBPeppy

RedBaronBPeppy

PostSubject: Re: Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :)   Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:56 pm

ugh yes its very frustrating...
she paid $1000 for him.. i would love to get him back!!
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :)   Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 5:00 pm

I would post a counter ad stating that he is un-broke and how long this new owner has had him, don't worry about starting a fight... worry about your boy!!!!!! and offer her back what she paid for him him, you will then have to cost to get him back home where you can start agin, with hopefully better luck at finding him a good home.
Back to top Go down
RobinsKelticBuckaroo

RobinsKelticBuckaroo

PostSubject: Re: Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :)   Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 5:32 pm

I would be careful posting a counter ad. You'll most likely anger the new owner and if they don't want to sell him back to you and they find a new home for him they may not tell you where he went. Where as if you stay on their good side, you can ask that they please let you know who they sell him to so you can keep up with him.
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

PostSubject: Re: Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :)   Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 7:06 pm

RBP I'm going to email her about him right now
Back to top Go down
Lab Rat

PostSubject: Re: Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :)   Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:36 pm

I'm tempted to email her and "inquire"...and simply tell her that trailering and feed doesn't increase the value of a horse! That irritates me that she's trying to pass that expense off to the next buyer....or she had to come up with an excuse when someone asked why she doubled the price.
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

PostSubject: Re: Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :)   Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:43 pm

I emailed her yesterday said she's had him for a couple months and that he's a great horse ect .. I replied asking her why she is selling him after only have him a couple months to get a new horse like her ad says she is willing to trade for a horse of similar quality and she never responded back sorry I tried for you . Maybe give her a week or so and ask to buy him back again and she'll change her mind if I have the money I would buy him he's beautiful
Back to top Go down
RedBaronBPeppy

RedBaronBPeppy

PostSubject: Re: Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :)   Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 5:39 am

Thanks NBN... its crazy how some people will flat out lie.. its very nearly impossible to get away with it.. too many connections.. the horse world is not that big! grrr...
I'm currently trying to work something out to buy him back.. I really hope I can pull it off.. for his sake :( One of my friends from school is from Noel, and she asked me her name wondering if she might know who she is.. shes not exactly sure, but she THINKS its the same people who she always sees galloping their horses down the paved road, and who allegedly stole round bales from a neighbouring dairy farm.. she said there are only about 3 places with horses in Noel, one being herself, and one being someone with a different name.. so it's looking pretty grim :(
Back to top Go down
Lab Rat

PostSubject: Re: Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :)   Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 10:23 am

I see she has reduced her price to $1800 and she has a few others for sale.
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :)   Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 4:46 pm

$1500 today. What a shame. I hope you can get him back.
Back to top Go down
RedBaronBPeppy

RedBaronBPeppy

PostSubject: Re: Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :)   Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 7:24 pm

good news and bad news..
i talked to her today, and she said she would sell him back to me for 1200 and no lower, because, and i quote, "she needs money to replace him" :s ?!! go figure.. ive stopped trying to decipher her reasoning. but anyway, she also agreed to let ME advertise him... so you will see a new ad on AR posted by yours truely. this eases the difficulty a little bit.. because now that the ad has correct information, and all inquiries will be going through me, it will make it much easier to find him the right home!! i will keep you all posted. and once again, thanks for all the support guys.. i dont think i could get through it without you all! :)
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :)   Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 8:41 pm

This is certainly good news. I'm surprized she wouldn't sell him back to you at the same price because it seems like she's anxious to "move on". Fingers crossed for a good outcome.
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :)   Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 9:43 pm

It seems like a decent compromise that will keep you in the loop. He is a handsome fella and the right home is out there. Wishing you all the best with the new ad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
naughty by nature

PostSubject: Re: Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :)   Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 10:14 pm

man why wouldn't she just suck up the $200 and let you take him back now instead of her having to pay for hay and feed for him for who knows how long (all though doesn't seem this woman has much of a brain) I heard back from her and she said that wants to get rid of him as she wants to start barrel racing what an idiot I guess she expects the new horse she gets to be perfect at barrels right away or that ones going too. I hope you find a good home for him as i said before if I had the money I would buy him in a heart beat he's beautiful
Back to top Go down
RedBaronBPeppy

RedBaronBPeppy

PostSubject: Re: Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :)   Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:53 pm

thank you NBN!!
wanna know whats kinda funny?? she already barrel races.... with her arab... ! she told me she wanted to barrel race him when she bought him, then a week later she said she wanted a jumping horse.. ?? i dont think she really knows what exactly she wants..
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

PostSubject: Re: Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :)   Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 8:59 pm

does she barrel race with the MBRA? if so PM me her name. I think she's a crack pot I realy hope that things work out for your boy
Back to top Go down
RedBaronBPeppy

RedBaronBPeppy

PostSubject: Re: Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :)   Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 12:10 pm

alright so things are taking a turn for the worst.....
i got a msg from her today informing me that she has a horse dealer lined up to buy him for $1000 if i cant find anyone who wants him like asap....

THIS IS REALLY BAD! :(

if he goes to a dealer... i have a really bad feeling he will end up on a meat truck somewhere!! :( :(

i need $1000 to appear in my wallet right now!! darn it being a broke college student..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :)   Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not such a good day :( ---updates-- FINALLY!! :)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next