Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saga of Miss Dolly---

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

Saga of Miss Dolly--- Empty
PostSubject: Saga of Miss Dolly---   Saga of Miss Dolly--- Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 9:14 am

so - seedy toe it is - we've White Lightning'd, dug out, trimmed, trimmed, trimmed, dug out, and now she is resplendid in Cavello Simple boots....
she is the bestest girl to work around, she stood in Ziploc freezer bags for the soak (& a hay bag of course!), and then trying on the boots, etc., she could absolutely care less.
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: Saga of Miss Dolly---   Saga of Miss Dolly--- Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 11:35 am

That is wonderful, it sure makes your job easier. I think she likely knows you are only trying to help her out and to feel more comfortable. Big carrott hugs for Dolly!!!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Saga of Miss Dolly---   Saga of Miss Dolly--- Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 11:59 am

GOOD FOR HER.......now if she was a guy.........you could do the sheath cleaning thing while putting on the boots..........hahahaha
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

PostSubject: Re: Saga of Miss Dolly---   Saga of Miss Dolly--- Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 12:07 pm

So right - makes the whole job so much easier!!! Since it will be ongoing - Even the farrier said how patient and quiet she is...right after the cat jumped up on the half wall right by her head...I don't know if Arrow has ever even had a shoe on his feet, let alone a plastic bag!!.....he can be such a....guy!!!! Although, having said that - you would think he would LIKE having his sheath done lol!
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Saga of Miss Dolly---   Saga of Miss Dolly--- Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 9:19 am

Good for Miss Dolly. Give her a big hug from us! Saga of Miss Dolly--- 757770 Perhaps we can see a photo of her with her new footwear? ....
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: Saga of Miss Dolly---   Saga of Miss Dolly--- Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 9:59 am

Tammy wrote:
Good for Miss Dolly. Give her a big hug from us! Saga of Miss Dolly--- 757770 Perhaps we can see a photo of her with her new footwear? ....

I second the picture with her new booties! I bet she feels mighty sexy in them. Saga of Miss Dolly--- 590471
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Saga of Miss Dolly---   Saga of Miss Dolly--- Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 10:41 am

How is Dolly making out?
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

PostSubject: Re: Saga of Miss Dolly---   Saga of Miss Dolly--- Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 1:31 pm

Sorry I haven't been updating - still no pics, camera is officially dead - I have been taking off the boots every night to check for rubs and hot spots, so far so good! Her feet are staying nice and clean, even though back of the barn is a mud mess in all this darn rain - and she is so good to work around, so far the only thing she didn't really like was the plastic bags, she won't move once they are on, which isn't so bad. I decided to wait til the weekend to soak her feet again, God knows everything is "soaking" today....I can just imagine what they will be like tonight with the rain water running down into the boots LOL (they do have drain holes!!)
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

PostSubject: Re: Saga of Miss Dolly---   Saga of Miss Dolly--- Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 4:12 pm

Mid - May update on Dolly's feet! Cavello's are not holding up to the punishement of being on 24/7 (as advertised) , BUT - the company is replacing them (YEAH!) I keep these ones until the new ones come and then exchange them so she doesn't go without. Blew the back out of one when it was only 3 weeks old, duct tape is my friend! She also wore through the gel pads, but that is no biggie, I'll pick up some more this week. Mike, my farrier just left, and he is very pleased with how they are coming along (YEAH!!!!!!!) So now no crevices on sides, connected about 1.5 inches up toe on right front, but he's trimmed it to solid tissue, so soak soak again. Left front looks pretty solid on toe, she is going to get soaked all around though because she is showing signs in her HIND TOES FOR GOD"S SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The other 2 have 8 solid hooves.....TG!
I call this one - Moose-in-boots!
Saga of Miss Dolly--- May152010005_edited
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: Saga of Miss Dolly---   Saga of Miss Dolly--- Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 6:22 pm

Well nice to hear the fronts are comming along!!! I loved the pic of her.."moose -in -boots",..lol

That is great, eh, that the company will replace her sneakers.!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Saga of Miss Dolly---   Saga of Miss Dolly--- Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 9:24 pm

Great news. It's nice to know that the company is standing by their product. I think Dolly wants to have matching sets on both front and rear, which is why she is developing seedy toe on the hinds. Just tell her that it's not all about fashion and see if it stops! It must be alot of work trying to get rid of this - it's a long process. Keep up the great job!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saga of Miss Dolly---   Saga of Miss Dolly--- Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saga of Miss Dolly---
Page 1 of 1