Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

little guy I tried out yesterday

Go down 
+7
RobinsKelticBuckaroo
mountaincowgirl
Simi
MoonShadow
Bay-Lee
Wissy
just joan
11 posters
AuthorMessage
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

little guy I tried out yesterday Empty
PostSubject: little guy I tried out yesterday   little guy I tried out yesterday Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 7:39 am

little guy I tried out yesterday 234

little guy I tried out yesterday Weebailey2

HE LOOKS EXCELLENT IN THESE PICTURES WITH THE KIDS

that was last year at the ex.

HE HAS WINTERED REALLY REALLY WELL.........much like myself..........we have to make a few adjustments to his equipment and start on a slow rigid schedule of excercise.......will do us all the world of good if my grass doesnt kill him............

I actually did drive him a little......but I had too many concerns about his gear that I didint want to hurt him and besides by then it was pouring..........I dont think I got to see the best of him.........so will go back once the owner has made changes to the equipment and see how he does ...........yesterday he got zapped by the electric fence on his bum as he was tied to a fence post to get ready............but he sure is cute.........and oh my god...she tried to body clip him.....I wont have to worry about lowering my barn ceiling to keep the little guy warm............he had more hair than bear and sam............and his tail you have to cut cause he stands on it...........but his mane.........dont know how you control that other than SHAVE..............
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: little guy I tried out yesterday   little guy I tried out yesterday Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 7:41 am

he's awful cute Joan, give him another go and see how he does.. you have time to make the right decision.
Back to top Go down
Bay-Lee

Bay-Lee

PostSubject: Re: little guy I tried out yesterday   little guy I tried out yesterday Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 8:19 am

he is so cute, Sam is almost has big has him........
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: little guy I tried out yesterday   little guy I tried out yesterday Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 8:55 am

He is a cute little Buckskin. I'd give him another chance too. He looks good in the pics.
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: little guy I tried out yesterday   little guy I tried out yesterday Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 9:45 am

JJ don't you dare shave his mane... Cowboy magic will help lots..
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: little guy I tried out yesterday   little guy I tried out yesterday Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 10:10 am

YIKES...........UMMM OK.......BUT CAN I TAKE OUT HIS FORELOCK......SURELY he would be cooler and happier with all that hair gone???? NO??????
Back to top Go down
mountaincowgirl

mountaincowgirl

PostSubject: Re: little guy I tried out yesterday   little guy I tried out yesterday Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 10:23 am

He is freakin adorable. :36_22_14[1].gi

Definitely don't rule him out without a proper "get to know him" kinda visit. I think he deserves another look.

Oh and the mane thing.... Thin it out. Keep it conditioned and trim the bridle path. You will be surprised what a difference maintenance will make little guy I tried out yesterday 368450

When I thin manes I use the little "hairball" combs from the pet shops. They have sharp metal hooks on them. Always take from under the mane until it lays the way I like it. Whether it's right or wrong to some people it works for me. And in the end that's what counts!
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: little guy I tried out yesterday   little guy I tried out yesterday Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 10:25 am

NOOOOOOOO it keeps they bugs out of his eyes.... Walk away from scissor and clippers JJ
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: little guy I tried out yesterday   little guy I tried out yesterday Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 10:57 am

Not that I know a Bleeding heart of a lot.. BUT I am with CJ on this one. They have manes and tails and forelocks for reasons... don't mess with it. Now that said, some thinningof the mane, and cliping out the bridle path is a good idea. But I think the mane and forelock help with flys, also keeps the suns rays off the eyes, and neck. Also keeps them warm in the winter.

I have a question... all this winter woolies... is this normal for him every winter, and does he shed completely out? Is any of the hair curly? How are his feeties? A guess that was more than one question, and they are realy questions you need the answers to more than I do. Do you know where I'm heading here?
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: little guy I tried out yesterday   little guy I tried out yesterday Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 11:09 am

hahahaha........OK FOLKS.......I'LL PUT AWAY THE CLIPPERS...................but MS....no no worries of that sort....apparently he grows a really lovely coat every year........he looks like one of those THELWELL ponies at the moment,,,,,,,,,,,his feet are lovely, he gets then done when the bigger guys do......he's just BIG BONED..much like myself.......Donna Marie has no grass...........so I really am going to have to watch him.......I dont have hay,,,everybody gets turned out in the pasture after middle of may here......I just sent her an email asking if I could have him here for a week on trial till I see if we can make it work......what with the dogs, and abbey and the grass and me not knowing nothing. ...well, much of anything....I would like to see how he fits with me.......that sounds reasonable to me.......hoping she will think the same.
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: little guy I tried out yesterday   little guy I tried out yesterday Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 11:16 am

That does sound like a good idea.. a week or more trial. Can you get hay, so you can ease him on to your grass?

I am so excited for you. I love the minis.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: little guy I tried out yesterday   little guy I tried out yesterday Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 11:19 am

I'd just ask her to bring a couple of bales with him...makes sense to sort of wean him on it...........we"ll see what she says............
Back to top Go down
RobinsKelticBuckaroo

RobinsKelticBuckaroo

PostSubject: Re: little guy I tried out yesterday   little guy I tried out yesterday Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 12:13 pm

He is sooooo cute!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: little guy I tried out yesterday   little guy I tried out yesterday Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 1:06 pm

Will he be sitting in the front seat of the truck coming to your place? A trial period is invaluable when it comes to finding the right fit. I'm glad you aren't rushing into anything (as tempting as that is!). Spend a day with him at her place and see how you like him. They're ALL friggin' cute!
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

PostSubject: Re: little guy I tried out yesterday   little guy I tried out yesterday Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 9:37 pm

he's really cute. We're getting a mini when we get our own place they are so cute
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: little guy I tried out yesterday   little guy I tried out yesterday Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 10:08 pm

I want one too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: little guy I tried out yesterday   little guy I tried out yesterday Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 6:28 am

HE,LL BE HERE TOMORROW OR FRIDAY.............GOTTA MOVE MY buttercup AND GET STUFF DONE TODAY.......WOOO HOO
Back to top Go down
MSFarm

PostSubject: Re: little guy I tried out yesterday   little guy I tried out yesterday Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 7:11 am

YAY! congrats JJ!
hope the trial goes good!
Can't wait to see photos of you driving him!

When I first got Sandy, her mane got cut back alittle bit and her forlock alot. will not be doing that again...
she looked kind of funny. but I was working her every day and hr hair was thick and too long and would get caught in everything. now the only thing I cut is her tail... just to her fetlock. so it does not have to be cut again for a while.

have fun with your new little friend!!!

take it easy getting everything ready!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mountainsandranch.webs.com/
FIREBUG

PostSubject: Re: little guy I tried out yesterday   little guy I tried out yesterday Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 7:12 am

He's adorable Joan. I bet you can't wait til Friday. I love his full mane and tail.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: little guy I tried out yesterday   little guy I tried out yesterday Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 8:13 am

Firebug secertly wants one too.. someday.. all three of us will be driving down hay cove road with our mini's.. I had a vision..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: little guy I tried out yesterday   little guy I tried out yesterday Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

little guy I tried out yesterday
Page 1 of 1