Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

No clinic for us this weekend

Go down 
+10
blackfly
teekathepony
MoonShadow
Ellie*Mae
Bay-Lee
just joan
night owl
Freva
Tammy
Wissy
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

No clinic for us this weekend Empty
PostSubject: No clinic for us this weekend   No clinic for us this weekend Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:28 pm

Well last nite we packed the trailer.. or should I say Firebug did.. I was suppose to help her, but she felt bad for me after working 10 and 11 hour days at work.. she had the trailer packed by the time I got there last nite..
so we were excited about leaving right after work.. well that didn't work out.. well laid plans.. ummmm
Anyway her horse Diaz took a reaction to the EE booster he got a couple of days ago.. and he can barely walk.. all stiff kind of like and walking like he's drunk.. poor freakin boy.. seems he took a reaction when he first got the shot a month ago or so.. but we didn't connect it because his reaction was a few days later.. we just thought he hurt him self or had a sore hind end or something .. anyway a week later he was fine.. but now just days after this second shot .. same thing.. Firebug went to let him out this morning and he could hardly walk and was staggering all over the place.. so we are home and hopefully he will be ok.. given him some bute and it seems to make him feel better.. fingers crossed he'll be back to normal in few days..
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: No clinic for us this weekend   No clinic for us this weekend Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:50 pm

OMG! The poor boy. You guys must be both concerned about Diaz and disappointed about the clinic. Let us know how he's doing.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: No clinic for us this weekend   No clinic for us this weekend Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:55 pm

yes we are really disappointed.. had everything all planned.. but Diaz is our major concern right now.. I think he'll be ok.. seems to be a bit better with some bute.. and he's eating ok.. just can't move around to well.. I'll let you know how he is tomorrow..
Oh well the upside is we get to just do nothing this weekend.. now if only I could believe that.. no excuse now not to clean the house and do some yard work.. blah.. I knew there was a reason I was so excited to get away.. nothing to do but ride pony all weekend .. huh!!!
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: No clinic for us this weekend   No clinic for us this weekend Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 10:09 pm

Sorry that the plans went awry about the clinic. Poor Diaz, scary stuff. I do hope that he will bounce back like he did last time. Will be thinking about him and Firebug!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
night owl

PostSubject: Re: No clinic for us this weekend   No clinic for us this weekend Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 12:20 am

Sorry to hear about Diaz. Hopefully he bounces right back again. Life is full of curve balls. I played a practical joke on my hubby and up with a 6 mo puppy : curve ball lol.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: No clinic for us this weekend   No clinic for us this weekend Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 6:27 am

thistle SHIT thistle SHIT thistle...............rose GOD DAMN........Good Lord..........PISS YOU OFF OR WHAT...........POOR DIAZ, POOR FIREBUG, AND POOR YOU............ALL THAT ANTICIPATION UP IN SMOKE.....I know Nancy was really looking forward to taking Diaz to his first clinic........and sorry you didnt get to go and JUST RIDE for the weekend..............SUCKS..........but hopefully he will be right as rain real soon No clinic for us this weekend 336163 No clinic for us this weekend 336163
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Bay-Lee

Bay-Lee

PostSubject: Re: No clinic for us this weekend   No clinic for us this weekend Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 7:53 am

sorry to hear that news...hopefully Diaz will feel better soon..
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

PostSubject: Re: No clinic for us this weekend   No clinic for us this weekend Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 8:09 am

Hope everything works out for you guys - poor bugger! Any updates?
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: No clinic for us this weekend   No clinic for us this weekend Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 10:20 am

night owl.. puppy.. better tell me about it.. hehehe are you working this weekend?.. want to know about the puppy..lol..
Diaz is doing better this time for he's getting bute.. seems to relieve him some and he's moving a tad bit better than last time.. which we didn't know then it was the shot.. for god sakes.. if it's the same as last time it will take him at least a week to get over it.. and yes we were disappointed.. right down to the wire.. and poof.. no go.. oh well thank god the summer is just beginning..
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: No clinic for us this weekend   No clinic for us this weekend Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 2:21 pm

How is Diaz doing now? I have been reading and hearing that a lot of horses have been having some nasty reactions to those needles.

I only get tetnus for my horses. But mine don't show or leave the property.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: No clinic for us this weekend   No clinic for us this weekend Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 3:51 pm

Well Diaz is doing fine now.. still has some swelling in his chest at the shot sight.. other than that he's ok.. but bad news on Sat evening.. Gunnar coliced again!!!!!!!!!!!! not bad but he still did.. he's fine now. At my wits end here!
Back to top Go down
teekathepony

teekathepony

PostSubject: Re: No clinic for us this weekend   No clinic for us this weekend Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 3:53 pm

Good on Diaz, but noooo Gunnar!! I'm glad he's ok now, but poor baby. :(
Back to top Go down
blackfly

blackfly

PostSubject: Re: No clinic for us this weekend   No clinic for us this weekend Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 4:51 pm

Geez, what a shitty time you are having Wissy. I hope Gunner and Diaz will be okay.

I am nervous about giving my horses the shot now. My vet is only selling the tetnus and EEE combo vaccine this year. I mentioned the side effects people were noticing to him and he said he hadn't heard of any problems. I think I'll make sure to give during the vets office hours since I don't need an emergency call. Especially after my last vet bill. Even after 8 days of penicillian they still have a cough and runny noses. I'm getting frustrated since I can't ride or work them until they recover.

Seems like everytime we horse owners make plans something happens. Grrr.....
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: No clinic for us this weekend   No clinic for us this weekend Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 8:06 pm

Oh Wissy !!! poor you and Gunnar........and poor Diaz so glad he is feeling better now!!!
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

PostSubject: Re: No clinic for us this weekend   No clinic for us this weekend Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 5:08 pm

I'm almost glad I didn't get the combo shot when the vet was here and I'm thinking I'll drop the idea of giving the EEE and WEE. There have been a lot of reactions! Moonshadow, even though your horses don't show or leave the property they can still get WEE, WN and EEE, its spread by mosquitos.

That sucks that you missed the clinic, especially after all the work prepping. Hopefully Diaz is as good as new soon.
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: No clinic for us this weekend   No clinic for us this weekend Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 7:53 pm

Yeah, I know.. I'm one of those freaks that doesn't get shots for my animals or myself. I have yet to be convinced that the odds are in my favor. I prefer to take my chances. I don't do flu shots .. I did however have my all my kids vacinated for all the childhood shots... but would never do the yearly flu shots. Ohh and I'm not looking to be convinced. :lizard3.gif: I do however treat my critters for worms and fleas... I know I'm a freak. No clinic for us this weekend 438495

I thought, that if you show or move your horses around( boarding barns), you had to have them innoculated.. rules...
Back to top Go down
FIREBUG

PostSubject: Re: No clinic for us this weekend   No clinic for us this weekend Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 8:13 am

Thanks everyone. Diaz is feeling better and only some more swelling to go down and he'll be back to normal. I can't always get to
look at the site at work and by the time I get everything done at home, I don't even look at a computer, so sorry if I'm late
responding.
So far Gunnar is doing O.K.
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: No clinic for us this weekend   No clinic for us this weekend Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 9:13 am

Glad to hear he is doing better. On another board someone mentioned that the vaccines produced by Fort Dodge (I guess that's a company name) were the ones that horses were having a reaction to. Any idea if the ones you used were from them?
Back to top Go down
FIREBUG

PostSubject: Re: No clinic for us this weekend   No clinic for us this weekend Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 10:33 am

Not sure, but it's the combo of the tetnus and EEE shot together that causes the reaction.
Hopefully, it can be changed next year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No clinic for us this weekend   No clinic for us this weekend Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No clinic for us this weekend
Page 1 of 1