Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bernadettes PEI adventures...... moving Eastward on her journey...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... Empty
PostSubject: Bernadettes PEI adventures...... moving Eastward on her journey...   Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 8:36 am

So Greg and I are sitting in the Acadian lines parking lot awaiting the bus.. excitement is building ... I'm so excited to finally be meeting the gal from the Emerald Isle, I have been corresponding with and sharing our lives for many months now. Finally around the corner comes the bus, and behind the tinted windows I can see a wee face, with a waving hand.. that has to be Amanda. Sure enough off she pops from the bus, a sight for sore eyes! With her contagious smile, freckled face and lovely flowing red hair, she sure fits right in on our "red" Island. I'm afraid in my excitement to get her picked up on time I forgot my camera. So alas I have no pics of her arrival on PEI. As it was supper time we figured we would take her to a fine old canadian establishment.. A&W (LOL) where she experienced her first ever "Mama burger" and ROOT BEER from a frosted glass. So after filling bellies and getting acquainted, we had a bit of running around to do... we never go to the city.. Greg HAD to make a stop at Canadian Tire. Another age old Canadian establishment... then is was off to Tim's for TEA!!! Just one of the many things Amanda and I have in common.. we are Tea aholics!! It was getting late and Amanda had, had a very long day on the bus, so we took a short drive through the city pointing out alot of the old architecture..then off for our hour drive home. Upon arriving home ..twas time for more tea, and Lemon meringue pie!!
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: Bernadettes PEI adventures...... moving Eastward on her journey...   Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 8:52 am

Sorry after doing a spell check the site would not let me continue on in the same box.. GRRRRRRRRRRRR WTF! Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... 474306 Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... 570740 ...

Anyway on with my story.....
The weather was uncooperative on Wed. It was rainy and windy, so we spent many hours sipping tea, chatting and laughing. We had plans to attend a local race event, but it was cancelled due to the rain. So we took Amanda on a drive around to see some of the coastal fishing villages, and had hopes of checking out some of the local gift shops... they too were closed. So we took her to see some light houses, and beaches. OF course I forgot my camera once again.. DAHHH!! But Amanda had hers, so we did get some pics which of course will have to wait til she gets back on her Ilse to upload.
Thursday we spent, the majority of the day grooming horses, and playing with the dogs. Now here I have pictures. My horses and dogs loved her!! Kele who does not take to anyone, would not leave her side... she seems to give the best massages and scratches in the world!
Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... IMG_3290Medium

Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... IMG_3292Medium

Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... IMG_3293Medium

Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... IMG_3304Medium

Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... IMG_3309Medium

Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... IMG_3311Medium
Notice Amandas outfit.... shorts and rubber boots are all the rage on PEI!

Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... IMG_3312Medium

Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... IMG_3314Medium

Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... IMG_3316Medium

Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... IMG_3320

Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... IMG_3322Medium

Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... IMG_3332Medium

After supper we took Amanda to Montague, to do some grocery shopping at our local Super store... it's here she found the Canadian man of her dreams..lol

Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... IMG_3349

Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... IMG_3355
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: Bernadettes PEI adventures...... moving Eastward on her journey...   Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 9:10 am

Now its friday already... the time is just going by far too fast. While I am doing some baking, Greg zooms off to C'town to pick up Jazz who is comming home from Halifax to meet Amanda and spend a week at home. Amanda takes a walk to the beach, and took some wonderful pics, and got to wade in the Northumberland Strait.
Once the heat eased up a bit, We all headed out to saddle up Ikeda, and let Amanda take her for a spin. Since it has been a year since any of the horses where ridden, Jazz was vounteered to go first, make sure all would be well. Ikeda was not too keen... seems something was not quite right .. a bug under the saddle blanket, or something.. she was continually reaching around and nibbling on the girth, and not too interested in giving pony rides... BUT she is a darling girl and for the most part tried her best to oblige us. Amanda did get to have a short ride, when it became clear Ikeda was realy uncomfortable with something. Here are some pics of Amanda on her ride. And Ikeda in her " I'm not moving another step till you fix this" face..lol.. We never did figure out what the issue was... but she sighed with relief when we removed the saddle.
Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... IMG_3366Medium

Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... IMG_3367Medium

Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... IMG_3369Medium

Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... IMG_3370Medium

Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... IMG_3371Medium

Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... IMG_3373Medium

Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... IMG_3376Medium

Now its Saturday, and time for Amanda to move on to the next part of her journey. JustJoan, CB4, and Sookee, arrive via the ferry! Just enough time to share a slice of cake and tea, then they are off to catch the next ferry. I waved good bye with tears in my eyes!! Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... 336163

Now I can't wait to hear all about the next leg of her adventures!!!

Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... IMG_3379Medium

Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... IMG_3381Medium
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: Bernadettes PEI adventures...... moving Eastward on her journey...   Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 10:04 am

Lovely pics. I told Amanda that she most likely would be treated to some of your delicious pies....lucky girl!!!! She and Fred got along great here both being tea drinkers....give me black coffee anyday. She surely does have a kinship with animals.....you can tell that Kele was totally in love with her. I have a question...do Amanda and Joan have fluff on their ears......or am I losing it???? Hope you had a lovely visit with the CB girls. I am sure the next installment will be colorful....JJ taking bernie surfing....thank goodness C4B is going to be there to TRY and make them behave....lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: Bernadettes PEI adventures...... moving Eastward on her journey...   Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 10:28 am

Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... Lol No Val you are not losing it! They do indeed have some sort of purple glow in the dark fluffy stuff, stuffed behind the ears... Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... 223458
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: Bernadettes PEI adventures...... moving Eastward on her journey...   Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 10:31 am

It was great to see Joan again... she is looking GREAT!! I was delighted to meet CB4 and Sookee! I didn't know CB4 was soooooooooo tall!!! Maybe next time it will be a longer visit.
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: Bernadettes PEI adventures...... moving Eastward on her journey...   Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:21 am

Oh, I wish I could have made the trip with Joan, C4B and Sooke to meet you and Bernadette. If I was paying attention more I would have known they were actually going to your house to pick her up. Duh! Looks like she is having a great time so far with her own personal travel guides.
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

PostSubject: Re: Bernadettes PEI adventures...... moving Eastward on her journey...   Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:52 am

What a great tale of adventure this is!!!!!
You gals are sure giving Bernadette a real down-home Maritime experience!!!
Great pics, Di - love the one of Kele scratching, and the "no way!" look on Ikeda's face!
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: Bernadettes PEI adventures...... moving Eastward on her journey...   Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:05 am

OHH Sexy, it would have been wonderful to finaly meet you in person... BUT they did take the ferry... Me thinks me recalls you don't do ferrys??? Its realy a shorter jaunt if you do take the ferry from your neck of the woods.

Yes Elle * Mae, we are doing our best to show her the awesome Maritime hospitality! She might be making her way back here, if travel arrangements work out... not sure but it might just be an over nighter... be great if time were to allow a visit with you too. You work during the week days?? or are you on vacation now?
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: Bernadettes PEI adventures...... moving Eastward on her journey...   Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 12:51 pm

I don't do airplanes... don't like the ferry but I can force myself on. Guess I can swim a heck of a lot better than I can fly if need be lol! Let me know the plan from when shes gets back from Tammy's. I am starting my vacation on Monday the 23rd, so maybe I could pick her up somewhere's and get her on her way back to NB.
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: Bernadettes PEI adventures...... moving Eastward on her journey...   Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 7:17 pm

Nothing is written in stone yet... but I think the plan as it stands now... some things still need to be secured... but she will be flying from NFLD, to C'town,...either Friday or sat. We will pick her up, she will stay with us the weekend, then take an early morning bus on monday back to Vals, then catches her flight from St. John on Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: Bernadettes PEI adventures...... moving Eastward on her journey...   Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 2:42 pm

Well that doesn't sound promising for a stop in my area. Keep me posted if things change.

Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: Bernadettes PEI adventures...... moving Eastward on her journey...   Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 3:26 pm

If I hear differently I will be sure to let you know. I would invite you to come here to visit too, but my house is going to be full up to the brim... I have my cousin, her husband and 2 kids arriving at the same time.. so that makes 9 people to feed and bed down... Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... 574459 Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... 368450
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Bernadettes PEI adventures...... moving Eastward on her journey...   Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:50 pm

YOU CAN LEAVE BERNIE IN THE BARN........she's used to that now............///YOU WOMAN ARE A GLUTTEN FOR PUNISHMENT.........WHY THE Bleeding heart DO YOU DO THIS TO YOURSELF.??????????????
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bernadettes PEI adventures...... moving Eastward on her journey...   Bernadettes PEI adventures......  moving Eastward on her journey... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bernadettes PEI adventures...... moving Eastward on her journey...
Page 1 of 1