Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rotweiller needs good home...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
C4B's

C4B's

Rotweiller needs good home... Empty
PostSubject: Rotweiller needs good home...   Rotweiller needs good home... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 8:22 pm

Hi Girls, does anybody know of anybody that would give a male 2 yr old Rotweiller a good home... i am very tempted but don't know what he would be like with the horses as they are a herding dog ??????
Back to top Go down
Fiere

Fiere

PostSubject: Re: Rotweiller needs good home...   Rotweiller needs good home... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 11:02 pm

I would love to, but with two large dogs as it is, my other half would pack me up and send me on my way. I love rotties, always wanted another one.

So long as they are socialized with them, they are fine. Just like any dog. My rotti was fine with all walks of animals, just wasn't a people lover unless I made sure he knew they were ok. He never tried to herd anything, as long as they have a good call back, heel and stay command (which I believe every dog should have anyways, though my dogs don't agree lol) they should be fine anyways. Try him out! And let me visit to give him snuggles!!!
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: Rotweiller needs good home...   Rotweiller needs good home... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 8:13 am

Thanks Fiere for the info.....he is 2 and the only training he has had is Sit !!!!! he pulls like crazy wonder how long it would take to train him !!!! and i work all day the Bulldogs are fine they just sleep all day..what about a Rottie ??????
Back to top Go down
Fiere

Fiere

PostSubject: Re: Rotweiller needs good home...   Rotweiller needs good home... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 9:53 am

With bringing a new dog in, I'd keep him kenneled while you are at work. You don't need anyone sorting out their boundaries when you are not there to supervise. That being said if you committed to training him with lots of one-on-one time he would not take long to come around. They are incredibly smart dogs and take to structure very well. Though he is still a baby he may be jumpy and excitable, but once they mature, they are laid back and hardly move until asked, they are quite content being big couch potatoes so long as they get a bit of exercise. I miss mine so much, he was the sweetest dog I've ever had the joy of owning. I find most rotties are very like in temperament to him, they might be excitable at first but once they know you they are laid back and loving.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rotweiller needs good home...   Rotweiller needs good home... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rotweiller needs good home...
Page 1 of 1