Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Good news at last.

Go down 
+8
teekathepony
MoonShadow
Sooke
just joan
Brown
lb-ranch
Freva
Highlander
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Highlander

Highlander

Good news at last. Empty
PostSubject: Good news at last.   Good news at last. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 1:40 pm

Hi all, Got a phone call from a producer working on the film Albert Hobbs starring Glen Close, Johnathan Ryes Myers which is currently being filmed in Dublin , Asking me if i was free to work as an extra on Mon. I said yes- it's my first job offer since last july and my first extra offer since i joined Movie Extras in mid Dec last.

I am looking at this as a good thing and a sign that things will start to look up from here on in.

It's a 6am start with breakfast and lunch provided. Hopefully i should finish up about 2 or 3pm.

The film is set in 18 Centry Victorian dublin about a young girl who disguises herself as a man in order to get work as a butler, hence she can make more money. Glen Close plays this part.

I am looking forward to seeing what goes on behind the cameras, and as a trial to see if this is what i would like to do.

Wish me Luck. Good news at last. 912700 Good news at last. 912700 Good news at last. 912700

Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

Good news at last. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good news at last.   Good news at last. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 2:51 pm

Yahoo...so happy for you!!!!! It sounds very exciting...you will have to keep us filled in and hopefully it will lead to more work!!!! It would be so interesting to see behind the scenes...wish I could tag along on Monday!!!!!

Good news at last. 197264
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
lb-ranch

Good news at last. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good news at last.   Good news at last. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 3:36 pm

Awesome news, post lots of details, Like Freva I wish I could be there too
Back to top Go down
Brown

Brown

Good news at last. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good news at last.   Good news at last. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 8:42 pm

Good for you.

Sounds exciting and if this something you are interested in - you just opened the door to
many possibilities!!!!

Later Good news at last. 590471
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

Good news at last. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good news at last.   Good news at last. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 4:43 am

OH KID. THAT IS SUCH TERRIFIC NEWS BREAK A LEG as they say.......how awesome......who knows what it could lead to......I;m really chuffed for you........maybe someone needs an ANIMAL WRANGLER for the next movie...........bet there will be lots of stories to tell with this job...........WELL DONE AMANDA...........looks like your NEW YEAR is gonna turn out terrific......... :cowboyhound.gi :cowboyhound.gi :congratulation :good_luck_grap Good news at last. 847652 :Chicken-Dance. :Chicken-Dance. :Chicken-Dance.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Sooke

Sooke

Good news at last. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good news at last.   Good news at last. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 10:10 am

This is FABULOUS NEWS indeed! Hope you have a great time, and yes we will need details! May it lead to many more for you! Good news at last. 806317 :fireworkssvg.m Woooo Hooooo!
Back to top Go down
Highlander

Highlander

Good news at last. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good news at last.   Good news at last. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 10:21 am

Thanks for all the well wishes girls, hope this year starts out as it means to go on. And yes i will let you know how it goes and hopefully get a pic of me in costume. X Good news at last. 55920 Good news at last. 55920 Good news at last. 55920 :bigsmiley.png:
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

Good news at last. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good news at last.   Good news at last. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 3:46 pm

YOU know, I'm right excited for ya , girly!!! Looking forward to hearing all about it.
Back to top Go down
teekathepony

teekathepony

Good news at last. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good news at last.   Good news at last. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 4:01 pm

ack! so cool! best of luck! Hope to see some pictures!
Back to top Go down
oldladynewhorse
Mod
oldladynewhorse

Good news at last. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good news at last.   Good news at last. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 6:53 am

OMG, how exciting. Make sure you try to get lots of pictures!!!

Good news at last. 197264

Back to top Go down
Tango

Good news at last. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good news at last.   Good news at last. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 8:02 am

How exciting!!! Good luck, break a leg, fingers crossed.....

One question - Glenn Close is playing a young girl?? or is she just in the movie?

I am looking forward to reading all about how all this is done.

Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

Good news at last. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good news at last.   Good news at last. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 11:42 am

Good for you !!!!! enjoy and tell us all about it !!!
Back to top Go down
Highlander

Highlander

Good news at last. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good news at last.   Good news at last. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:15 am

Wel Tango to answer your question, i got my info slightly wrong, the film is set in 19th centuary Ireland and Glen Close plays the part of a young woman who decides to disguise herself as a man in order to get work as a Butler, a job that was highly regarded and paid better than any work a woman could do back then. If you Google Glen Close in Albert Hobbs you should be able to see a pic of her dressed as a man.

I am having some trouble uploading pic's on hear via photobucket, i did'nt get any pic's on set as we were told to leave cameras behind. I did get some of myself and some of the other extra's in costume so if i can i'll put them up.

Here is a snippet of how the day went.

Up at 4.45am, had a cuppa and Bannana( the fruit kind) before heading off at 5.30am. Got to GAA club for 5.45 and waited to get signed in. I was told i was to play the part of a poor woman(Go figure).
Upstairs to get make up and hair done, well they dirtyed my face and hands (thats as far as make up went) and they culred some of my hair, backcombed and then pinned it all up, there must have been at least 30-40 pins in my hair. With that done i headed back down to get into costume.

have to say it was'nt much to look at, i had to wear a corset, 2 little frilly tops a big brown panterned skirt and an aweful looking coat. The Corset hurt like Bleeding heart, everything was well and truely squashed together.I also wore a hat and little black boots, which were very comfortable. So, by the time that was done They sent me down to get breakfast and i only had 15mins to eat and drink. I did find it hard to eat with the corset on and wondered would the sambo get down to my stomach. It did thankfully and off we headed to the set.

The location was Glasnevin Cemetry which is steeped in history as many historical figures are buried here, it is a very old cemetry. We where sitting around from bout 7.45 till 11.45 before we were called. In an old converted double decker bus. The people and other Extras were all friendly and i spent some of my time outside with the 2 horses and Donkey they had on set. I was raging i did'nt bring my camera as i had a little bag as part of my costume and could have fitted it in. Could have got some nice pic's with the horses,they were 2 very quite and mild mannered and the Donkey was a sweetheart, docile and very friendly, think he got more attention than Glen Close did. lol

We spent an hr and a half outside doing god knows how many takes, I had to walk beside another girl as a carriage pulled away, we had to walk past the pub and on the second take as i passed the doorway of the pub Glen Close was coming out, for a split second i was'nt sure wether to let her pass me or keep walking, i chose the latter. It was quite cold but we muddled through and at 1.30 we finally stopped for lunch. I could have ate a horse by that stage. We headed back to the Gaa club were the smell of food was waffting in the air. We were told then that we were finished, music to my ears. Off i went, got a lovely hot dinner,and a nice cheese cake for desert and then back to get changed, oh the relief when the corset was taken off me, everything could hang loose again and return to it's rightfull place. It was 3.15pm by the time i was getting into the car.

Have to say, apart from the waiting around it was great to see what's involved behind the scene's. So much goes on, i now understand why it takes so long to make movies, everything has to be right with little room for error. It was nice to see Glen doing her scene's, she really did look the part. I did meet her on the stairs after lunch and she had a warm smile for me, i just said hello and we went on our way. A lot of the people working on the film who i spoke to could'nt speak more highly of her. Said she was a pleasure to work with and very professional and had time for all.

So far as to say i slept like a baby last night, still a bit sore from the corset but i'll live. How they wore them back then boggles the mind, i'd say it's the closeist thing to being in a straight jacket.
It was great experience though and i will definately do it again.
Sorry for the Epic. lol Good news at last. 912700 Good news at last. 590471
Back to top Go down
Sooke

Sooke

Good news at last. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good news at last.   Good news at last. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:43 am

It sounds like a great adventure! Lucky you...never had the chance to do anything like it....Thank-you for sharing a little window into a world that I not been able to see...Woooo Hooooooo! Good news at last. 43238 Good news at last. 806317
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

Good news at last. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good news at last.   Good news at last. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 8:01 pm

Well first off I want to say Good news at last. 847652 !!! That experinece must have been so exciting.. along with the boring parts, and the uncomfortable clothing.. So very happy for you. Do you get to do more on this movie?

I did the google like you suggested, found a pic, nabbed it, and waaalaaa..... here it is.
Glen Close as a man in Albert Nobbs ( not Hobbs) tee hee. She realy looks like a man here. WOW.

Good news at last. GCasAlbertNobbs
Back to top Go down
teekathepony

teekathepony

Good news at last. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good news at last.   Good news at last. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 8:37 pm

Holy crazy! Does she ever!
Back to top Go down
Highlander

Highlander

Good news at last. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good news at last.   Good news at last. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 7:33 am

Thank you for that correction Eagle eye, I was sure it was Hobbs, but you are right Diana. Good news at last. 590471
Of Course "Nobbs' is another word over here for penis, well you drop the S and the slang word becomes Nobb. Our language over here is deplorable Eh!!!

To answer your question, unless they call me again, then no i won't be doing any more on that film.

That's the pic i seen, thanks for uploading it here for everyone to see.

Good news at last. 55920 Good news at last. 55920
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

Good news at last. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good news at last.   Good news at last. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 12:07 pm

I was wondering if you might get a call back for more extra work on the film but hopefully this one will lead to more!!! It all sounds like quite an adventure and I am really going to be watching for the films release.....you canbe assured that we will flock to the local movie theatres to see it....we won't be watching for Glenn Close though...we will be scanning for the little lady with the pained look from too tight a corset who crosses her path!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
Highlander

Highlander

Good news at last. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good news at last.   Good news at last. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 5:03 pm

It'll probably hit the cutting floor Val, but i'll live in hope. Lol
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

Good news at last. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good news at last.   Good news at last. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 6:27 pm

I dont suppose anyone took a picture of you in your outfit??????? then we could post it along with the Glenn pix......famous folks we know through cyberspace........cant wait to see the movie.....I too will be scanning faces to find you............WOOO HOOO.........glad you had the opportunity to have such an exciting 30 SECONDS OF FAME.......... :cowboyhound.gi :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Tammy

Good news at last. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good news at last.   Good news at last. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 1:18 pm

It always amazes me the things you get involved in. Your life is far from boring - that's for sure! What excitement! Thanks for taking the time to relay the story to us. I had a few chuckles. Those corsets must have been horrible to live in "back in da days". The things women did. Now I don't even like a tight pair of rubber boots!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Good news at last. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good news at last.   Good news at last. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good news at last.
Page 1 of 1