Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rant on ads and heights or lack there of...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
charlo

Rant on ads and heights or lack there of... Empty
PostSubject: Rant on ads and heights or lack there of...   Rant on ads and heights or lack there of... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 10:33 am

I'm currently on the hunt for a pony/hony for my son. Well going through ads, I come across some that sound interesting but they NEVER have heights. Seriously people at least add an estimated height...it doesn't take much to put the animal on flat ground and take the measuring tape and get a rough height. It would save both the buyer and seller time. I inquire about the animal, only to have them come back with it is smaller then what I need.

Oh and add pictures...I know not everything can be told from pictures, but a lot can be told. It really would save time for everyone involved.

Ok feel better lol!
Back to top Go down
Wil-If-I-Want

PostSubject: Re: Rant on ads and heights or lack there of...   Rant on ads and heights or lack there of... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 2:34 pm

I've been on both ends of this game!

I think its crucial when selling a horse to list
- Level of training
- Vices
- lameness issues

I like to see photos from every angle. I really like it when people give links to youtube videos, or give you access to a website page of Facebook album.

Due to the market being so saturated.. I think that any responsible breeder/seller should be promoting their horses in the best way possible. ie: descriptive write ups & good conformation shots.

When I was selling my old mare I had it listed that she was for sale as a pature mate or light riding ONLY due to lameness issues... I got responses like you wouldn't believe.... people asking how high she jumps if she could compete in barrels.. one person even emailed to ask what the bandaids on her legs were (Umm hello, polo wraps? ) Thats the problem with selling free or at a very low cost though, you get all sorts of replies. I ended up not replying to many! There were some people that frustrated me to the point that I actually advised them to re-read my add for the answers to their questions.

I can't get over the people who post adds like "7 year old brown horse for sale" no photos, no description, NOTHING! It makes me feel like they are iresponsible owners when really the horse could be a high, unbelievable show horse.

Then theres the people who when you email they say oh I was posting that for a friend I'll get back to you with the answers?

Orrr my favorite... the people who don't have any photos on the computer How is that even possible now a days lol
and are sooo minimal with descriptions ie: ohh she goes real good anyone can ride her. Um.. what?
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Rant on ads and heights or lack there of...   Rant on ads and heights or lack there of... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 6:49 pm

sorry you are so frustrated Charlo, hope you find what you are looking for sooner rather than later. This is obviously a real problem, lots of folks stating the same concerns and getting quite annoyed at the lack of information. There should be a form that folks have to fill in, that way they wont forget the IMPORTANT bits. :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
shelly

shelly

PostSubject: Re: Rant on ads and heights or lack there of...   Rant on ads and heights or lack there of... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 7:35 pm

I find the horse is never the height listed anyhow. It's a common joke around here that horses must shrink on the ferry ride over as they always end up shorter than claimed.
Back to top Go down
charlo

PostSubject: Re: Rant on ads and heights or lack there of...   Rant on ads and heights or lack there of... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 9:45 pm

Ha Shelly, that is everywhere. lol!
Back to top Go down
imarowdyrebel

imarowdyrebel

PostSubject: Re: Rant on ads and heights or lack there of...   Rant on ads and heights or lack there of... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 10:44 pm

I hear ya I am shopping right now too and so frustrated with people not replying! And we are also looking for a specific height and finding it hard to find, with a sane sound animal. good luck with your search!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rant on ads and heights or lack there of...   Rant on ads and heights or lack there of... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rant on ads and heights or lack there of...
Page 1 of 1