Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton.

Go down 
+9
Barefoot_Horsegirl
SexyDexy
MSFarm
C4B's
Wissy
teekathepony
charlo
imarowdyrebel
just joan
13 posters
AuthorMessage
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton. Empty
PostSubject: Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton.   Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 8:03 pm

I believe 3 horses were killed, but 17 were rescued by some very heroic women. The barn and tack completely destroyed. Are we as a group going to help in some way or other.??/ I am not familiar with the facility nor the folks, perhaps someone else here on the forum knows more.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
imarowdyrebel

imarowdyrebel

PostSubject: Re: Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton.   Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 8:40 pm

All I can do is send my sincere condolences to the people who lost their horses and all their property I wish them the best.....
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton.   Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 6:54 am

Rebel, the fact that you posted and thought about them at all is in its self a gift.
Back to top Go down
charlo

PostSubject: Re: Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton.   Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 8:01 am

Back to top Go down
teekathepony

teekathepony

PostSubject: Re: Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton.   Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 8:46 am

I know here in Cape Breton there is a donation drive at Sunrise Stables, Jill Burke is organizing it and she's going to be bringing the things up to NB later this week or something. I have almost nothing material I am able to contribute, maybe an old halter or two is all I'm afraid :(
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton.   Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 9:06 am

very sad indeed.. they saved almost all the horses but not their own.. very brave women..
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton.   Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 11:43 am

How heart breaking to be able to save others but not your own !!! will see what i can find to give to Jill !!
Back to top Go down
MSFarm

PostSubject: Re: Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton.   Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 2:01 pm

heart goes out to everyone involved.
feel so bad for the girl who tried to save them all but was not able to get her own horse in time.
It would be insanly awful to be woken up to that and find your horse's stall in flames. but she was able to keep it all together to save the others. Cheers to her and her mom!

I still have a question though,
if her mom and her were sleeping in the apartment does that mean they were living there at the barn? so would they have lost all of there personal things?
:(
Back to top Go down
http://www.mountainsandranch.webs.com/
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton.   Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 3:15 pm

boy MS......that is a thought, I dont know......they may be in need of everything too.
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton.   Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 3:38 pm

I read on AR that the 2 ladies were only staying there for a few days. They normally kept their horses at home but were there to do level tests. Will-if-I-Want knows more about this part. If they weren't there that night there is a good possibility there wouldn't have been any survivors :(
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

PostSubject: Re: Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton.   Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 6:16 pm

Everyone's worst nightmare! Awful. I probably have a few things I could donate.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton.   Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 12:08 pm

Morning Star Acres is doing an online auction with all proceeds going to Royal Roads. check it out on facebook.
Back to top Go down
Brown

Brown

PostSubject: Re: Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton.   Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 2:18 pm

I do not know the people personally but they are part of our horse community; so made a donation through NBEA.

Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton. 814562 Hopefully they will be able to rebuild and I feel badly for everyone involved.
Back to top Go down
MSFarm

PostSubject: Re: Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton.   Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 2:37 pm

read this on AR
Quote :
Their truck was also parked next to the barn, with the front and all lights melted (windshield cracked) it may be a write off as well
Back to top Go down
http://www.mountainsandranch.webs.com/

PostSubject: Re: Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton.   Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 11:03 pm

The Maritime Paint Horse Club donated all the money we made at our Show on Sept 3rd &4th for the Carrot Trail Fun Class on Friday night, and I made a donation there. It's sad, that is one of my worst fears.
Back to top Go down
Wil-If-I-Want

PostSubject: Re: Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton.   Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 12:32 pm

MSFarm they don't live on the property.. 2 of their 3 horses were there for level testing. The girls mother's appaloosa was among the survivors. It is true about their truck, but their trailer was parked far enough away that there was no damage.

The girl was given a horse by the stable owner. A dun paint with one blue eye "Dun bars 7" might be off on the name but its something similar. His barn name is "Jester" He's very pretty. She competed at a show the weekend following the fire with Jester and it she found out in front of a crowd of people and cameras that the horse was now hers. They also gave her a large poster of her horse Kingston & the boarders purchased her a variety of things in a gift basket.

She was outfitted with new show clothing, an english saddle & bridle & Greenhawk Saint John stated at the show they are opening their doors to her for an all expense paid private shopping expedition in order to assist in outfitting her and her new horse with a special selection of Greenhawk's exclusive private label lines. She also received $500.00 at Northstream from Standardbred Racing NB and $250.00 from gift card from Shurgain.

She's been getting a lot of grief from members of the horse community. People are mean, people are heartless, and some people unfortunately can't see things from any perspective but their own. Humans are selfish, ungodful beings at times.. and sometimes when people extend their olive branch to help another jealously strikes. I can't imagine losing my horse the way she did, but pulling it together to save the others proves she and her mother a love for "all" horses.

In my opinion she's lost enough to gain a litte.. tack, gifts and Jester don't replace Kingston they are more like simple gestures showing that there are people who appreciate her heart & toughtfulness towards horses..
Back to top Go down
charlo

PostSubject: Re: Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton.   Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 5:00 pm

Are you serious? people are giving the girl a hard time...grumble some people need to be slapped upside the head. She deserves everyone of those gifts, and more. She let her own horse die to save others...15 other souls were saved. I bet you those people giving her issues wouldn't dream of doing what she did.

grumble some people...
Back to top Go down
threehorses

PostSubject: Re: Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton.   Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 1:47 pm

I'm very sorry to hear that Shanita has been given a hard time by some..I can't understand it. Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton. 382802

Last edited by threehorses on Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton.   Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 2:13 pm

People are cruel idiots at times Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton. 900770 About 10 years ago a house belonging to a woman who lived with an elderly parent and her own children was destroyed by fire. The elderly parent (I think it was her mother) and 2 of her children died in the fire. The community held fundraisers and donated a lot to the lady and she rebuilt on the same lot, except it was a much nicer house than what had been there. You would not believe the nastiness that brought out in people. This woman lost her children for rose 's sake.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton.   Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 4:08 pm

those ignorant mindless sods need never be talking like that in front of me.,
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton.   Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 8:33 pm

It stems from jealousy. And jealousy is the root of all evil! They'd be changing their tune if it had happened to them and they were offered help. Bet ya they wouldn't say no! Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton. 570740
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton.   Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fire at Royal Roads Barn Fredericton.
Page 1 of 1