Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Big Fire in Spryfield

Go down 
+4
Caper Cowgirl
just joan
Sooke
Wissy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

Big Fire in Spryfield Empty
PostSubject: Big Fire in Spryfield   Big Fire in Spryfield Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 4:05 pm

Right behind where I work.. lots and lots of smoke!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sooke

Sooke

PostSubject: Re: Big Fire in Spryfield   Big Fire in Spryfield Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 6:09 pm

Just watching this on the news! Oh my Lord! Stay safe everyone....prayers to all in the area....
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Big Fire in Spryfield   Big Fire in Spryfield Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 7:16 pm

It looked pretty damned evil on the news......do we have folks with ponies out there......does anybody need a place to go...........do we have volunteers to take in a horse or two????????????/
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Big Fire in Spryfield   Big Fire in Spryfield Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:34 pm

From my office window
Big Fire in Spryfield DSCF0018-2
Big Fire in Spryfield DSCF0021-2
Big Fire in Spryfield DSCF0019-4

I don't think there is any horses right in that area, it's pretty much houses and apts..
Back to top Go down
Caper Cowgirl

Caper Cowgirl

PostSubject: Re: Big Fire in Spryfield   Big Fire in Spryfield Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 9:56 pm

We just got home from driving out that way...What a horrible feeling you get seeing all the police and emergency response vehicles, roads closed and the smell of smoke....

They are saying between 10-12 homes already destroyed...

If anyone out that way needs a place to put there ponies I can house them...We are nothing fancy but its safe with lots of food....If you know of anyone PM me for my contact numbers...
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

PostSubject: Re: Big Fire in Spryfield   Big Fire in Spryfield Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 10:12 pm

how scary brings back memories of the fire last year in porters lake makes me want to cry just thinking about it. If anyone needs anything let us know
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Big Fire in Spryfield   Big Fire in Spryfield Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 10:18 pm

It's a highly populated area, no horses I'm pretty sure..but the fire is in the woods between Purcell's Cove Rd and Herring Cove Rd... on Herring Cove it's around the 600 block.. there's a lot of houses in both areas.. one of my co workers lives right in the middle.. she borrowed my car this after noon early before anything was blocked off and went home and got her cat.. brought him back to our office.. she will probably be staying with her daughter in Timberlea tonight.. fingers crossed her house is safe, we also have people who work for us living pretty close as well.. I haven't heard much tonight.. but will get the scoop in the am.. I'll be sure to let you know what's going on..
So best to keep everyone in that area in your prayers tonight..
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: Big Fire in Spryfield   Big Fire in Spryfield Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 6:55 am

WITHOUT A DOUBT...........one of the scariest things to happen around.......prayers for everyone for sure
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Big Fire in Spryfield   Big Fire in Spryfield Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 7:37 am

Saw flames on the way in this morning, a lot of homes destroyed during the night.. no doubt it's a highly populated area.. road is closed off just past our office.. my friend called she was up all night flames just the other side of the woods behind her house.. omg.. I told her to frig get out of there.. anyhoo, she's bringing the cat to work, she can't leave him home alone just in case.. she has her car packed to the roof with stuff just in case.. anyhoo.. it's still not in control.. water bombers over head since I got here.. hope they can get it out..!!! Big Fire in Spryfield 46492
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: Big Fire in Spryfield   Big Fire in Spryfield Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 7:43 am

and no rain expected till tomorrow maybe...........Jesus...........not in the slightest funny........fire is the only thing that terrifies me........there is nothing you can do.I'm praying for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Big Fire in Spryfield   Big Fire in Spryfield Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 7:49 am

my friend called this morning she's in a panic.. it's not good here.. I'm hoping the water bombers can do something, I don't see any signs it's going to rain anytime soon.. we had a customer drop in the office at 7am when I first got here.. we were supposed to drop a garbage container off in her yard first thing this morning.. not now.. she can't go home.. what a sin, she is staying with relatives up the road.. with two dogs and 5 cats.. a little crowded but safe. Yes Joan I always worry too.. like the night Sherry's barn caught on fire.. that phone call from her made my heart stop.. and the drive there was painful.. Fire.. scares me!
Back to top Go down
Sooke

Sooke

PostSubject: Re: Big Fire in Spryfield   Big Fire in Spryfield Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 7:54 am

Not good news, for sure. Rain won't help, unless it's a real downpour it'll evaporate before getting near anything. Wind is what you pray doesn't happen...I'm with you on fires J, our break is already started. I've been living in the bush with a forest fire fighter for too many years not to be aware of it. Prayers continued for all down there....
Back to top Go down
Caper Cowgirl

Caper Cowgirl

PostSubject: Re: Big Fire in Spryfield   Big Fire in Spryfield Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 9:48 am

My hearts breaks for those involved....Seems like just yesterday we were watching th Porters Lake fire...

This is scarey....I am praying the rain starts soon....
Back to top Go down
Loves Color

Loves Color

PostSubject: Re: Big Fire in Spryfield   Big Fire in Spryfield Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 10:16 am

Just started raining here in Shelburne, maybe it's on it's way to Halifax. Hope so.
Back to top Go down
Bay-Lee

Bay-Lee

PostSubject: Re: Big Fire in Spryfield   Big Fire in Spryfield Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 10:31 am

darn computer :roll:

Last edited by Bay-Lee on Fri May 01, 2009 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bay-Lee

Bay-Lee

PostSubject: Re: Big Fire in Spryfield   Big Fire in Spryfield Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 10:32 am

Bay-Lee wrote:
its raining pretty hard here.. why can't it rain where the fire is-. jeees..
thats unfair.. I will be thinking about all the people in that area, hoping everyone and every pet gets out safe and sound, a house can be re-built, its only wood...
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: Big Fire in Spryfield   Big Fire in Spryfield Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 1:03 pm

I'm always afraid for the pets that get left behind, there was a guy on the news last night that couldn't get back in to get his cat. I feel for the people that completely lost their homes but luckily houses and posessions can be replaced. It's amazing nobody has been hurt.

This is from the SPCA's website so it looks like all are safe for now.

Quote :
Urgent Update: Purcell's Cove Fires

Please be advised that the SPCA has a Disaster Response Team that works under the directive of the Fire Departments and Red Cross. The SPCA is required to take direction from Fire Department officials before responding to a situation as we must allow the Fire Department to assess the situation first. Red Cross officials have advised us that, thankfully, there are currently no families in need of assistance with their pets in this fire situation. If you are aware of a situation requiring our assistance, please contact the Fire Department or Red Cross and they will dispatch us to assist immediately.

Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Big Fire in Spryfield   Big Fire in Spryfield Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 2:11 pm

well it's raining here all afternoon, that goodness, hopefully it will help.. about 12 houses were burnt.. and more would have been it was creeping close to some very expensive homes off Purcell's Cove Rd..
We smelled smoke her earlier but it has subsided quiet a bit.. lets hope this is the end of it and the ones with homes to go home to can do so.. and ones that lost their homes can try an recover, my prayers are with them all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Fire in Spryfield   Big Fire in Spryfield Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big Fire in Spryfield
Page 1 of 1