Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Riding Willow Video

Go down 
+3
RedBaronBPeppy
Becca
Wil-If-I-Want
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wil-If-I-Want

Riding Willow Video Empty
PostSubject: Riding Willow Video   Riding Willow Video Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 10:46 pm

"Finders Keepers" video taped Willow and I tonight.. I like to have a video of each year, its just something that I've always done. It's neat to see all the changes and also great to see that I'm not that much bigger than I was 7 years ago! haha.

She's anticipating and a little over sensitive but that's my Willow.

Her turn on the haunches is not a cross over in the front, its more of a bunny hop but I'm sure with refinement it would get better..

Willow and I relax on trails, but I think it's fun to play around every once in a while. This is the 2nd time in the past year that I ask anything of her.. we usually put-put around on with a snaffe on the trails :) I find it difficult to stay on track and motivated without a coach..

Some day we'll have a reining coach.. some day. (crosses fingers and toes) that or dressage.. I've always wanted to try it for real. A girl can dream, can't she?

Back to top Go down
Becca

Becca

PostSubject: Re: Riding Willow Video   Riding Willow Video Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 11:06 pm

Hrmm link won't work :( but I hear you on the coach thing.. I try to attend every clinic that I can, but I find myself getting lost or needing help a few months later but no one to ask as all the clinicians are out of province.. Sigh!
Back to top Go down
Wil-If-I-Want

PostSubject: Re: Riding Willow Video   Riding Willow Video Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 11:14 pm

Hmmm it works for me..

Try this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6TE9fTGmyU

Anyone have any advice on desensitizing her to leg aids? lol I have the opposite problem most people have.

Back to top Go down
RedBaronBPeppy

RedBaronBPeppy

PostSubject: Re: Riding Willow Video   Riding Willow Video Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 5:40 pm

lovely video!

willows tail is FABULOUS by the way...
Back to top Go down
shelly

shelly

PostSubject: Re: Riding Willow Video   Riding Willow Video Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 5:57 pm

She's totally wanting to go for canter pirouette instead of turn on the haunches. She wants to be a dressage star. :)
Back to top Go down
Wil-If-I-Want

PostSubject: Re: Riding Willow Video   Riding Willow Video Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 7:47 pm

RBBP - I bag her tail in the fall up until the bugs start. :) My barn owner thinks bagging it is rediculous.. but it serves a purpose in keeping it clean, tangle free, and protects from damage.

Shelly - I've always admired dressage... I love watching it but no idea how to do any of it ;)
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Riding Willow Video   Riding Willow Video Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 6:22 am

loved the video, worked for me ok.......she sure is one good looking girl. :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
TripleCRanch

PostSubject: Re: Riding Willow Video   Riding Willow Video Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 1:23 pm

Desensitize her to leg aids?

I'm not sure I would want to do that . It just means she will be able to respond to the lightest touch.

Back to top Go down
Wil-If-I-Want

PostSubject: Re: Riding Willow Video   Riding Willow Video Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 4:23 pm

She's overdramatic about it usually.. I don't want her dead on the side.. rather I'd like to be able to refine her movements ie: leg doesn't just mean run away from it.
Back to top Go down
TripleCRanch

PostSubject: Re: Riding Willow Video   Riding Willow Video Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 5:08 pm

Is she really touchy on the sides, when you are on the ground?
Back to top Go down
Wil-If-I-Want

PostSubject: Re: Riding Willow Video   Riding Willow Video Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:07 pm

Willow is sensitive to the point that the vet has difficulty vaccinating her. If you "pinch" her neck lightly with your fingers she shakes her neck and throws moves away.

She's sensitive only when she knows she's "supposed to work" if I pop a beginner on her she's amazing and not touchy in the slightest.

On the ground in the barn/stall ect she's not overly touchy but once you ask her to work she anticipates and goes all wiggly. If that makes any sense.
Back to top Go down
willowsfriend

willowsfriend

PostSubject: Re: Riding Willow Video   Riding Willow Video Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 8:19 pm

Great idea to take a video of what you two do every year. She's beautiful.
I wouldn't worry about the sensitivity, if it were me, when she's doing this kind of "work". Maybe she'll outgrow it or just settle down if you spend more time at it. And a clean tail's gotta be a good thing! Do you have to take the tail bag off to wash it every so often? I've never used one.
Back to top Go down
Wil-If-I-Want

PostSubject: Re: Riding Willow Video   Riding Willow Video Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:35 am

I keep the tail bag in from about November until June or whenever I notice bugs. Willow is on 24/7 turnout and I think it would be unfair to not allow her to use her tail that being said her tail is a mess all summer unless I wash it once a week... I've tried knotting/braiding and leaving some out but the whole tail becomes knotted.

I don't wash the tail bag very often as it would just get dirty again. But usually it gets cleaned off by rain/snow ect :)

I ride Willow with the tail bag in most times. I re-braid it and comb it through my fingers once a week.
Back to top Go down
willowsfriend

willowsfriend

PostSubject: Re: Riding Willow Video   Riding Willow Video Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 11:37 am

thanks, good to know! I think some horses keep their tails cleaner than others...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Riding Willow Video   Riding Willow Video Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Riding Willow Video
Page 1 of 1