Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Happy Changes...

Go down 
+2
Hug a Horse Farm
charlo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
charlo

Happy Changes... Empty
PostSubject: Happy Changes...   Happy Changes... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 8:18 am

My horse and I have been at odds for some time. The saddles that I had didn't fit her right and she was letting me know every ride. So it came down to I just stopped riding her, the fighting wasn't worth. I did still work with her on the ground, but she has been on vacation for some time now. I have been on the hunt for a saddle for a long time as I had borrowed the one that fit her somewhat.

I didn't want a cheap saddle, but didn't have a large amount of money for a good saddle either. That changed at Christmas time, for my Christmas present from my husband was money to buy a really good used saddle. I was so happy that I cried lol! So I finally found one this weekend passed, it fit her, and it fit me...I have been on her three rides now and what a change. The first ride was attitude, the second was getting better still a couple of bucks, then a light bulb moment, the third ride, she only thought about acting up then settled into work like a happy horse. I think she was working off of memory the first two rides, then she realized hey this isn't so bad, was it ever nice. Yes I still have to be on guard with her as that is her personality but at least now I know it because of not wanting to work, then because of pain. :-)

So that's my good day story.
Back to top Go down
Hug a Horse Farm

Happy Changes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Changes...   Happy Changes... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 9:44 am

wonderful news. So many people never recognize what you were able to see.

Happy trails
Back to top Go down
Flicka

Happy Changes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Changes...   Happy Changes... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 9:57 am

That's wonderful!!!! And pictures??? :)
Back to top Go down
oldladynewhorse
Mod
oldladynewhorse

Happy Changes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Changes...   Happy Changes... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 10:11 am

Great news!!! My mare had a shift in attitude when I changed her saddle pad. She didn't want to lope and if she did she would go just a few strides and stop. Changed her saddle pad and added a felt one and she is a totally different horse. She wants to lope now. Keep us informed on the progress. YAHOO!!

:cowgirlride.gi
Back to top Go down
Hanover

Hanover

Happy Changes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Changes...   Happy Changes... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 10:56 am

I love reading these experiences..........keeps me going.........and learning.
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

Happy Changes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Changes...   Happy Changes... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 10:51 am

Great! I had the same experience with my mare in the past. Hopefully this one works for a realllllly long time :)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Happy Changes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Changes...   Happy Changes... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Happy Changes...
Page 1 of 1