Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Digital Camera question

Go down 
+2
Wissy
~TC~
6 posters
AuthorMessage
~TC~

Digital Camera question Empty
PostSubject: Digital Camera question   Digital Camera question Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 9:27 am

I bought a Canon Rebel XTI last year...and main reason I haven't posted pictures from it, is I haven't figured it out 100% yet..

Looking through the lens and at the screen after taking a picture and they look AWESOME! But once I download them to my computer, they are dark and cruddy.
I tried every setting going and it doesn't change the outcome.. :(

I mean, if the screen on the camera shows a GREAT picture, then the camera MUST be capable of taking that great picture...right?

So I am now wondering if the memory card may have something to do with it. I have only ever used the one that came with it... an "A Data Compact Flash" card with 4 GB of room on it...

Digital Camera question 2832-28122611

Maybe this card is not a good quality one? And that is my problem... *I hope*..

Digital Camera question 912700
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera question   Digital Camera question Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 9:31 am

I can't help you TC but know someone who can.. I'll ask her .. and maybe she can help..
Back to top Go down
~TC~

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera question   Digital Camera question Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 9:36 am

Oh that would be AWESOME!
feeling like I wasted my moohla on this camera... but I know it has to be SOMEthing I am doing wrong, or at least that darn card...

I know the camera is a GREAT camera... I am just getting frustrated with the crappy outcome on my pics... 👅
Back to top Go down
oldsaddlebags

oldsaddlebags

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera question   Digital Camera question Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 5:54 pm

I was wondering where all your great pictures were.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera question   Digital Camera question Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 8:23 pm

I emailed my HC.. but she's young and just finished University.. god knows where she is tonight.. lol
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera question   Digital Camera question Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 8:55 pm

Quote :
she's young and just finished University.. god knows where she is tonight..

I sure do miss those nights lol!.

Post a sample "crappy" picture TC, so we can see what's wrong with it.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera question   Digital Camera question Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 11:35 pm

oh yes the crazy plant physiologist can tell what's wrong by posting the pics.. :lol:
Dexy your a nut.. but a very loveable nut.. ❤ lol!
Back to top Go down
Bay-Lee

Bay-Lee

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera question   Digital Camera question Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 9:15 am

I might be totally off here but it might have something to do with either your computer display/color settings, or you maybe have your camera set to take pictures with alot of megapixels and when you look at them trough your computer they are not clear..
Back to top Go down
~TC~

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera question   Digital Camera question Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 9:28 am

Here is an example... one I took the other day when we were cleaning out the old fence line... Through my lens, and looking at the screen on my camera after I took the picture...this photo was bright and the greens were bright green, and clear... but downloaded to my computer it looks like @ss. :roll:

Digital Camera question Before11
Back to top Go down
Qhs

Qhs

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera question   Digital Camera question Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 10:13 am

TC your camera is capable of taking awesome pictures. In this picture, the lighting is tricky. The trees are much darker than the bright yard. If you want the trees to come out brighter you need to dial your exposure compensation a stop or two to the right.
You shouldn't be judging your exposure by the LCD screen. You can dial the brightness of the LCD up or down to help when viewing under dark or bright light, but that doesn't change the actual exposure of the picture.
You should be checking your histogram to check exposure. Try to expose "to the right" on the histogram.
If your pics are constantly coming out too dark, then move your exposure compensation dial a little to the right.
It would be helpful to know what settings you are currently using.
Do you shoot auto or manual? JPEG or RAW? Picture quality settings? What other settings are you using?

Last edited by Qhs on Sat May 02, 2009 3:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera question   Digital Camera question Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 12:57 pm

Quote :
oh yes the crazy plant physiologist can tell what's wrong by posting the pics.. Laughing

I'm gonna ignore that Wissy!

But see, someone can help from looking at the picture. I'm useless when it comes to cameras, I will admit that Digital Camera question 45324
Back to top Go down
~TC~

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera question   Digital Camera question Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 2:03 pm

It doesn't seem to matter what setting it is on... or the subject, or the time of day etc...the outcome appears to be the same... :/

I will give that a try QHS...thanks muchly!... :)
Back to top Go down
Qhs

Qhs

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera question   Digital Camera question Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 6:16 pm

TC, google POTN (or photograpy on the net). It is a canon camera forum, and has tons of info on how to get the best out of your camera.
Back to top Go down
~TC~

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera question   Digital Camera question Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 9:11 am

Thanks QHS...I will give that a shot.... :)

Digital Camera question 912700
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera question   Digital Camera question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Digital Camera question
Page 1 of 1