Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Could use your advice on digital cameras

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Freva

Freva

Could use your advice on digital cameras Empty
PostSubject: Could use your advice on digital cameras   Could use your advice on digital cameras Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 8:16 am

My old digital is getting ready to give up the ghost. We are in the market for a new one and since I am very slow when it comes to technology, I was hoping that I might be able to find out some of your favorite models. We are looking for something that has higher zoom, good pixel count and fast shutter time...not sure if that is the techincal term or not...want it to take the picture when I click not seconds later....see... I need HELP!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
Dun Tru

Dun Tru

PostSubject: Re: Could use your advice on digital cameras   Could use your advice on digital cameras Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 8:19 am

Are you looking at just a point and shoot or are you interested in stepping it up to a Digital SLR?
Back to top Go down
http://www.meadowbrookstables.8k.com
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: Could use your advice on digital cameras   Could use your advice on digital cameras Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 8:28 am

Your pics are fantastic. What do you use? You have a fantastic eye for photos.

We are looking basically for a camera. Nothing too complicated......but our old one has a few seconds delay after you hit the button until the image is actually captured and I have hundreds of pics with turned heads and swing butts. We also want something with fairly high zoom. I am sorry that I don't know all the technical terms. I really appreciate your help.
Back to top Go down
lb-ranch

PostSubject: Re: Could use your advice on digital cameras   Could use your advice on digital cameras Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 9:00 am

for the last couple years I was using a Kodak Z650, it took pretty nice shots, had enough settings that I could adjust lighting, speed, set it for certain scenes like snow, fireworks, bright sun etc... generally it was a pretty good all round camera, 10x zoom. things I didnt like were that it took a couple seconds to turn on and be ready, had too long of a delay between taking pics (couldnt do "burst" shots where it takes several per second) It had video but not the greatest. Still all in all it did most of what I wanted and the pics were pretty decent for a non SLR camera. (price between 2-300 new)
Just recently my husband bought me a Canon SLR Rebel XS, I'm in love :) only thing it doesnt have is most of your settings have to be done through the view finder rather than the display on the back and it does not have video capability. The more I learn about it's settings the better the photos are coming out. But it's quite a jump up in price and the lens that comes with it I didnt like so I bought a 55-200 lens and like it much better. It's not quite a "pro" model but can take "pro" pics if you get everything set up right.
I've had a couple "other" brands cameras $100-$200 range but I much prefer the Kodak and Canon for brands. My Kodak has been dropped, hung from saddle horn on trail rides bouncing around, froze, over heated, basically abused for 2 years and it still works fine. very durable (I'm rough on electronic things, my poor laptop has been dropped enough times I finally cracked the casing on it, lol)
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: Could use your advice on digital cameras   Could use your advice on digital cameras Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:58 pm

LB- I love the pics you have taken...so crisp and clear.

I have to say that I am not too gentle with my electronics either. The camera that I have used is a Samsung D60 and it has been a great little camera for the price but it is very slow and I have lost a lot of good shots. I think I would like continuous sequence on my next camera. The shutter has started not opening all the way so it is time to retire the poor old thing.

I have heard good things about the Canon cameras. A friend has a Canon Power Shot S515 that she loves but the model has been discontinued. I have also had a Fuji S1500 recommended. I wish I was a bit more savvy about the techincal aspects.
Back to top Go down
Pink Lady

PostSubject: Re: Could use your advice on digital cameras   Could use your advice on digital cameras Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 11:01 am

I have a Canon Power Shot S31S which I like. It takes good pictures. The only thing I miss is not being able to change the lens. However it is light enough to take on the trails. It also takes good videos. You can go to https://s578.photobucket.com/albums/ss230/pinklady339/ to see some pictures. Could use your advice on digital cameras IMG_3069
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: Could use your advice on digital cameras   Could use your advice on digital cameras Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 11:38 pm

Thanks, Pink Lady. I enjoyed your pics. I have heard good things about the Canon Power Shot S315. A friend had a Canon Power Shot S150 but it was disconitued and she recommended this one. So many to choose from.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could use your advice on digital cameras   Could use your advice on digital cameras Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Could use your advice on digital cameras
Page 1 of 1