Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Good Weekend!!

Go down 
+3
SexyDexy
FIREBUG
Simi
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Simi
Mod
Simi

Good Weekend!! Empty
PostSubject: Good Weekend!!   Good Weekend!! Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 8:41 am

I want to thank all the ladies and men who came to the Bowie clinic..
The girls where awesome Cathy is a clean machine good god if she did the dishes once she did than 10 times, vacuumed and pick up lol..

Poor Bowie was in that ring from morning till night lol teaching..

with a small lunch break.. Jenn did most of our Timmie's runs in between her lessons The pot luck was so yummie the food all the food...
Hmm by the way I still have a full bottle of breeze in my fridge not sure who it belongs to but let me know and I will get it to you.. Also I think Firebug you left a saddle pad behind it is at rene's now ..
I want to thank everyone for cleaning my stalls out and the barn WOW it looked awesome..
Sorry I didn't get to ride in the clinic but I sure enjoyed watching and everyone their to hang with..
Have to say I am so proud of Jenn, Julie and Rene you all did a awesome job this weekend..
the rest of you all rock big time.. Firebug, TE, Sherry, Jess,Wissy, Mattie, Sky, Brit, Kel, Barb and Judy!!!!!
Thank you all for coming!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Purple on Thu May 21, 2009 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
FIREBUG

Good Weekend!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Weekend!!   Good Weekend!! Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 1:39 pm

Thank you for having us. It was a relaxing and fun weekend. I'll check out
the saddle pad. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

Good Weekend!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Weekend!!   Good Weekend!! Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 1:42 pm

I would love to participate in one of these clinics. First I need a horse that is trained though :roll: :lol: (atleast beyond walk, trot).
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

Good Weekend!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Weekend!!   Good Weekend!! Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 2:35 pm

Well Dexy maybe next time we can arrange for that.. I'm sure someone would have an extra horse to help you out with..
Back to top Go down
Caper Cowgirl

Caper Cowgirl

Good Weekend!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Weekend!!   Good Weekend!! Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 9:47 pm

Dexy...maybe taking a green horse will help you both....Michael and Dixie are both kinda green and they are going to the June clinic in Greenwood

Just my opinion....
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

Good Weekend!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Weekend!!   Good Weekend!! Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 10:31 am

Oh yeah, I'm up for taking either Dex or George (Dex has a lot more time under saddle, but George is used to lots of commotion) but I don't want to be getting in anyones way. Last time I took a green horse in a fun show she had a little freakout because there was too many horses in the ring.

What are the basics a horse should know before going to a clinic like this?
Back to top Go down
Mister MaGoo

Mister MaGoo

Good Weekend!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Weekend!!   Good Weekend!! Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 11:24 am

There were only 3 of us in the 9am class and Mister has only a month on him so, I think you'd do just fine!
Back to top Go down
Mister MaGoo

Mister MaGoo

Good Weekend!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Weekend!!   Good Weekend!! Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 11:30 am

Oh! thanks purple for the little push and shove......I'm sure i ran out of reasons why not to go!! ;) ....I am soooooooo glad I did!!!! Hmmmmm.....did you say you ere having another THIS weekend??? lol! (I'll make Chili or...or Pea soup!!!)

Next time I'll bring some band aid eye patches for you!! You're the BEST!!! :flower:
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

Good Weekend!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Weekend!!   Good Weekend!! Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 11:32 am

No pea soup Yuck Good Weekend!! 641609
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
Caper Cowgirl

Caper Cowgirl

Good Weekend!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Weekend!!   Good Weekend!! Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 11:32 am

I will tell you what Dixie knows
walk, trot and kick the guts out of me to lope....She backs when she wants....But a good horse overall....Michael knows about as much as you can know after only riding a month...But I do have to say he listens and watches everything you do...The clinic will do the both of them wonders...Michael is so eager to learn and advance so he will be a good student for Bowie...
If transportation is a problem for you to the clinic, just put the gas in our truck and we will come pick you up...That can be one less worry for you...And of course you can stay in our trailer...just bring a blowup mattress and we will find a spot to put it...Most likely in the back with Morgan but a place just the same....Hot shower and a place to cook meals...All the comforts of home...

Clinics are for people to learn...If you and your horse were both dead broke you wouldn't need a clinic...
Back to top Go down
Mister MaGoo

Mister MaGoo

Good Weekend!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Weekend!!   Good Weekend!! Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 11:50 am

C'mon.....you know you'll like it!!!
Back to top Go down
Mister MaGoo

Mister MaGoo

Good Weekend!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Weekend!!   Good Weekend!! Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 11:54 am

Caper...I agree! I didn't even Canter Mister at the clinic....i worked on bending and learning his buttons.....and understanding him better...
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

Good Weekend!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Weekend!!   Good Weekend!! Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 12:00 pm

Quote :
If you and your horse were both dead broke you wouldn't need a clinic...

Great point. Okay, it is my goal to go to a clinic in the near future. What a better way to get my arse in gear and stop making excuses about riding, or lack thereof :roll: .
Back to top Go down
Total Eclipse

Total Eclipse

Good Weekend!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Weekend!!   Good Weekend!! Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 10:42 pm

1) As long as the horse isn't a danger then it's worth it!

2) Keep distance between you and the other horses ( yours or some may kick.. especially when pushed)

3) Always pass left to left or just stay in the same direction as everyone else

4) Keep you head/eyes up

5) The person circling has takes the inside track

6) Communicate with the other rides.. " heads up"... 'Outside' .... "Inside"..

Simple arena rules :)

Clinics are for learning, and having fun! My advice.. make sure your horse is in shape.. :roll: :lol: ( Gunnar and I are still recovering from the weekend :lol: )
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

Good Weekend!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Weekend!!   Good Weekend!! Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 10:33 am

Thanks for reminding me TE. I know those from my younger years but a refresher is always good. It had been a long time since I rode in an arena with others, probably 14 years. Trust me, if at any point I felt my horse was going to be a danger I would sit the rest out in the peanut gallery.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Good Weekend!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Weekend!!   Good Weekend!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good Weekend!!
Page 1 of 1