Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

English saddle question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

English saddle question Empty
PostSubject: English saddle question   English saddle question Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 5:26 pm

Since I can't seem to sell that darn Big Horn saddle that was too small for me, I have a chance to trade it for a Kieffer dressage saddle. Now, I know nothing of dressage, but I'm pretty sure Kieffer saddles are fairly decent and I should be better able to sell it in the future to recover my money. You never know, I may ride in it and actually like it English saddle question 338415 English saddle question 188868

So, are they decent saddles and what are they worth new? I googled the style and it came up on several sites anywheres from 500 - 1000 pounds (British sites).
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: English saddle question   English saddle question Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 7:41 pm

really nice, top of the line type saddle......comparable to a genuine Billy Cook reining saddle with silver............
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: English saddle question   English saddle question Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 7:43 pm

sorry I forgot about price........but that would depend on the store unless they are a regulated price..........google that big store in brantford ont.....shoot oh ho hollllPleasantridge they usually have lots of saddles listed and priced.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: English saddle question   English saddle question Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 8:04 pm

Pleasant Ridge has a used one for $960. I think I'll go ahead with it. Mine is absolutely no good to me and atleast the Kieffer is a 18" seat and would fit me. Plus, I sold all my english saddles so it would be nice to have one incase I got the itch to use it. Now just have to get them swapped safely between here and Gagetown. English saddle question 188868 I'm think COD for shipping is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
Twilight

PostSubject: Re: English saddle question   English saddle question Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 8:22 pm

That particular one is an older one, a more forward cut than some dressage saddles, but a Kieffer is still a good brand. They are a classic, like a Stubben, or Passier.

Let us know what you do!
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: English saddle question   English saddle question Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 8:29 pm

Quote :
a more forward cut than some dressage saddles

What does that mean for the rider? I'm a complete dummy when it comes to anything english. I still think it's worth a bit more than what I'm trading, and I could actually get some use out of it. Better than looking at the other one collecting dust.

ETA: Looking at the pictures again, by forward, I think you mean that the panels angle slightly forward instead of straight down like most other dressage saddle I've seen. So does it feel more like a AP saddle then?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: English saddle question   English saddle question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

English saddle question
Page 1 of 1