Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What are your thoughts on this?

Go down 
+2
FIREBUG
SexyDexy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

What are your thoughts on this? Empty
PostSubject: What are your thoughts on this?   What are your thoughts on this? Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 11:13 am

I just read an ad on Kijiji about a dog that had an unfortunate accident and broke it's leg. The owner's cannot afford to the vet bill for surgery and are asking for donations from the public.

Now, maybe I'm being a heartless What are your thoughts on this? 393654 , but there is always a chance that a pet is going to become sick or injured. As pet owners, people have to be prepared to deal with this financially. I think it's totally irresponsible for a person to not think of this ahead of time and ask complete strangers to pick up the pieces when something actually does happen. It's one thing for family and friends to help out, with or without being asked, but begging the public online to "help bring our baby home" strikes a nerve with me. The same as people that post ads saying "please save us from being killed" for kittens produced as a result of an irresponsible owner.

I know I would be in a tight spot financially if one of mine were to need expensive vet care but I have a line of credit for emergencies such as that. I also have a very supportive father that has helped me in the past.

Agree, Disagree?
Back to top Go down
FIREBUG

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on this?   What are your thoughts on this? Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 1:21 pm

I agree with you. It almost sounds like a scam to me. He might just be trying
to get money out of people. Dog or no dog, I don't think I would send out money from an ad from Kijii.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on this?   What are your thoughts on this? Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 1:26 pm

yeah, thats a tricky one.......if for sure I knew that there actually was a dog and was actually going to need surgery and this was some kid who has no home or is in a shelter or something lie that, and the dog is his ONLY friend, I might be talked into donating a buck..........but, if this is some What are your thoughts on this? 393654 who has a bunch of dogs and does not control them and breeds them because he can.......then its a What are your thoughts on this? 382802 What are your thoughts on this? 382802 What are your thoughts on this? 393654 What are your thoughts on this? 393654 not likely.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
FIREBUG

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on this?   What are your thoughts on this? Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 1:54 pm

It would be interesting to see how many people will send money without knowing the facts or the situation. I would
actually have to see the dog in person and know what kind of situation the two of them where in. I would be leary
of this one.
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on this?   What are your thoughts on this? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 2:40 pm

Well, I think it's legit because they are asking for donations to be made directly to the vet hospital in their name. I guess it's just the anonymity of the internet that people don't think twice about asking strangers for money. I've seen ads on there by people asking for money to buy dog food because they are going to run out before they get their next cheque. That's pretty bad.
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on this?   What are your thoughts on this? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 7:49 pm

Yup !!!! tough one!!!!! vets bills are so expensive and i have had times when i would not have been able to pay a large vet bill, but all the vets i have had would have set up a payment program for me i am sure.

In England there is a vet system just for people on benefits it is called the (PDSA) peoples dispensary for sick animals and will treat them for virtually nothing, for some street people/ homeless for whatever reason, sometimes they're dog is all they have and most of the ones i saw in London the dogs looked healthier than the owners.
Back to top Go down
LilBits mom

LilBits mom

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on this?   What are your thoughts on this? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 10:21 pm

I don't agree with asking the public for money, however, in regards to the ad being legit, someone else posted on Kijiji stating that they called the vet office to check if the ad was real, and apparently it is.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on this?   What are your thoughts on this? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 2:07 pm

well here's my take on " I need money to help my pet' Whether it's board, vet bills, food, etc.. it depends on if the person in need is actually doing something to help themselves.. like working if they can..if they can't they need to surrender the animal or sell the horse if they cannot afford to look after it.. I know sometimes it's hard but if everyone helps this person everytime they need help then when will it stop???.. I don't mind helping a friend in need when it's needed but dam.. if a friend or other is not doing anything to help themselves then sorry.. I can't help. ..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on this?   What are your thoughts on this? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are your thoughts on this?
Page 1 of 1