Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

horses come home

Go down 
+10
Sailorgirl
naughty by nature
RobinsKelticBuckaroo
LittleRoam
Tammy
just joan
Sooke
SexyDexy
Caper Cowgirl
C4B's
14 posters
AuthorMessage
C4B's

C4B's

horses come home Empty
PostSubject: horses come home   horses come home Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 9:49 pm

have not posted picture for a while, so hope they come over ok.

horses come home Horsescomehome006

horses come home Horsescomehome008

horses come home Horsescomehome019

horses come home Horsescomehome026

horses come home Horsescomehome030

horses come home Horsescomehome030

horses come home Horsescomehome042

horses come home Horsescomehome035

horses come home Horsescomehome012
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

horses come home Empty
PostSubject: Re: horses come home   horses come home Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 9:53 pm

Whoops forgot to re-size them, sorry, as you can see the barn is not finished but it will be soon. the horses look quite happy.
Back to top Go down
Caper Cowgirl

Caper Cowgirl

horses come home Empty
PostSubject: Re: horses come home   horses come home Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 10:33 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE their paradise....Lots of trees for shelter ...I am a sucker for a treed turnout...we have to plant trees at our new house...They only border the pasture....I will miss out tress here

You must be so happy....You can get up in the morning and sip coffee while you watch your horses...I love that bonus of having them home
Your barn looks like its gonna be a great one...
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

horses come home Empty
PostSubject: Re: horses come home   horses come home Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 10:53 pm

I didn't realize you were that far along in the barn building. It must feel good to get them home. They are going to have a ball investigating all those trees. And as a bonus, you saved a boat load on fence posts horses come home 338415 I have dug so many fence posts holes over the years..... you've got them all planted already!

I like the barn name too horses come home 573748 Those peeled posts inside the barn are great. Would love to have those in my house!
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

horses come home Empty
PostSubject: Re: horses come home   horses come home Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 7:46 am

Well what a night!!!! my first night with the horse home and we get the worst thunder and lightening storm of the century, i am really scared of storms and the dog too, so i had him trying to get on my lap, all 75lbs of bull dog, and i was worried about the horses but too scared to go outside, i was hoping they would be tucked up warm in the barn, so i can't stop worrying about them so out i go in the lashing rain in my house coat with big outdoor wax oil raincoat ( Joan gave me), wellington boots, i looked great and the horses were standing in the middle of the woods!!!!!!!! so i called them in and gave them some hay, stood with them for a little, then went back in to the quivering dog, sooo i did not get much sleep.

Joan calls this morning to check i heard the storm, she knows i usually sleep like the dead and am never usually aware there has been a storm when she is moaning about being up in the night with the horses hahahahahaa.

Well i am going outside with another cup of tea to look at my horses...........................
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

horses come home Empty
PostSubject: Re: horses come home   horses come home Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:12 am

Horses are smart and will go where they feel safest in a storm. Some are scared of thunder (I had one in the past that was terrified) but I find if they are used to 24/7 turnout in a herd they do what is instinctual. Mine will stand huddled together in the middle of the lower field (the lowest part of the property) during bad storms. Doesn't mean I don't still worry though and go stomping out there with my flashlight to make sure horses come home 338415

Glad the first night went well despite the weather. Get used to it though. When winter comes and we get those nasty Noreasters, you'll be plowing through the snow at 2 am to see if they are okay. That's a pain horses come home 421103
Back to top Go down
Sooke

Sooke

horses come home Empty
PostSubject: Re: horses come home   horses come home Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 10:15 am

The barn looks fabulous! Great job guys, I know how hard you've all been working on it. The horses will be snug in there, for sure! Love the pic of Bailey 'framed' by the stall door... :flower:
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

horses come home Empty
PostSubject: Re: horses come home   horses come home Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 8:08 am

THE pictures did turn out great.......and I knew you would be just over the moon when you can just walk out your own door and there they are........and the barn is like 15feet from the house........its not like you have to walk far in the rain....GEESH!!!!!!!!!! you can now go NAKED to your own barn to feed!!!!! how cool is that...........now you will have many many of your own stories to tell!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Tammy

horses come home Empty
PostSubject: Re: horses come home   horses come home Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 8:27 am

looks like you got them home just in time. By the looks of them they were STARVING at Joan's ... NOT ! horses come home 5543

One word of caution about feeding them naked. Don't do it during bug season!
Back to top Go down
LittleRoam

LittleRoam

horses come home Empty
PostSubject: Congratulations!   horses come home Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 12:37 pm

You must be so happy to have your horses at home. I love your barn. Looks like it acts as a run-in also? I like the design. What are the dimensions?

I also bought a treed lot and did alot of clearing--I tried to save as many of the trees as possible but those soft wood trees just start falling down when you clear land. You probably know that your horses might strip Maple trees of their bark? Mine do! Plus they bother other trees. I guess my best advice is....if you have any big Maples or lovely Pine Trees that you'd like to keep--wrap them in something or put a fence around them. I have old fish net (with the small openings) and that works well on some but doesn't quite keep them from walking on the roots or rubbing against the tree. I plan to put a fence around some nice Pine's I have here.

Have fun!
Back to top Go down
RobinsKelticBuckaroo

RobinsKelticBuckaroo

horses come home Empty
PostSubject: Re: horses come home   horses come home Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 6:30 pm

Congrats on bringing the horses home! the barn looks like its going to be great, can't wait to see it finished :)
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

horses come home Empty
PostSubject: Re: horses come home   horses come home Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 7:28 pm

congrats. the horses seem to be enjoying them selves and your barn looks great
Back to top Go down
Sailorgirl

Sailorgirl

horses come home Empty
PostSubject: Re: horses come home   horses come home Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 10:33 pm

Great pics...horses in the woods...like paddock paradise set up. Love the red roof on your new barn!
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

horses come home Empty
PostSubject: Re: horses come home   horses come home Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 9:41 am

Congrats on bring your ponies home Love the place!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
Jolie

Jolie

horses come home Empty
PostSubject: Re: horses come home   horses come home Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 1:58 pm

Congrads! Your barn looks beautiful :)
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

horses come home Empty
PostSubject: Re: horses come home   horses come home Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 3:01 pm

Thanks every one, it is so nice having them home, i got home yesterday and just went and sat in the woods with them, it really is soooo nice.

LR the barn is 20 x 30ft. not too big, but feels big enough, and because i am not at home all day, i wanted them to be able to get in and out as they want, depending on their mood, weather, bugs etc etc. i just love it............
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

horses come home Empty
PostSubject: Re: horses come home   horses come home Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 7:04 pm

Your barn is beautiful, and all those trees, its a horsey paradise. Congrats!
Back to top Go down
hopeful_farm

hopeful_farm

horses come home Empty
PostSubject: Re: horses come home   horses come home Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 7:40 pm

Wow! looking good! Sooooo jealous of the barn!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

horses come home Empty
PostSubject: Re: horses come home   horses come home Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

horses come home
Page 1 of 1