Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weekend Accomplishments...

Go down 
+7
Barefoot_Horsegirl
Freva
Simi
Wissy
Wranglin'ruff
naughty by nature
D-Cutch
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

Weekend Accomplishments... Empty
PostSubject: Weekend Accomplishments...   Weekend Accomplishments... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 6:52 pm

We had a pretty wild weekend - put up a deck, started the front steps, sunk 10 - 20ft pressure treated posts that I'm sure weigh a metric ton...baled hay and held a penning on Sunday...

Here are a couple pictures I snapped to send to my aunt...

They hay.... I know borinnggg...
Weekend Accomplishments... 1

The deck... we got it all together pretty quick after the concrete dried but that miserable lattice stuff on the bottom to keep the dogs out is a pain in the neck.... Still have the railing on the stairs and some lattice under the stairs to finish.
Weekend Accomplishments... 2

The front steps that we started - still have to put steps and a railing...
Weekend Accomplishments... 4

The posts for the barn...
Weekend Accomplishments... 3
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
naughty by nature

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Accomplishments...   Weekend Accomplishments... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 7:57 pm

things are looking good. I'm sure you have answered this already but do you guys already live at this place?
Back to top Go down
Wranglin'ruff

Wranglin'ruff

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Accomplishments...   Weekend Accomplishments... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 8:45 pm

Wow looks awesome! I can't wait to see it in person :flower:
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Accomplishments...   Weekend Accomplishments... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 10:50 pm

NbyN.. I do believe they are living there.. omg D.. you work way to much.. I really don't know how you do it.. two kids, dogs.. horses.. husband and house, barn, hay.. sheep and more sheep.. eeeeeeeeeeekkkkk.. I'd be running away.. lol.. everything is looking great!
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Accomplishments...   Weekend Accomplishments... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 8:03 am

We moved into the house late November but our animals havn't been moved yet which is rather difficult. They're only about a 3 minutes drive or a 7-8 minute walk but Glenn and I are both worry warts because his brothers don't watch our crew and well lambing with the ewes not in the backyard is just plain torture.

We're hoping to pull the tarp over this Saturday given we don't have anymore hold-ups... and by hold-ups I mean discoveries that we screwed up :roll:

The animals should be here late summer and then we'll also be taking boarders for the winter.

Wissy my plan is to retire by age 35... ha ha ha I'll likely be working at age 80 to pay for this place... :roll:
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Accomplishments...   Weekend Accomplishments... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 8:20 am

Looks awesome ..
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Accomplishments...   Weekend Accomplishments... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 8:47 am

Did you get a chance to sleep over the weekend. WOW...you accomplished a lot and it looks great. As for the hay field....it is beautiful....wish we were that far along with hay...we have 4.. count 'em.. 4 round bales in so far.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
naughty by nature

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Accomplishments...   Weekend Accomplishments... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 10:16 am

okay I figured there couldn't be animals there yet cause there aren't in any of the pictures lol.
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Accomplishments...   Weekend Accomplishments... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 10:30 am

Wow, did you ever accomplish a lot this weekend. I can't wait to see what it looks like with the tarp on and the animals moved in. The decks look very nice. I hope you had a chance to sit on them and drink a few beers?
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Accomplishments...   Weekend Accomplishments... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 10:38 am

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! you are so much like me when I was your age.........nothing and nobody can stop you from getting stuff done.........get that whip cracking .......make em all work as hard as you!!!!!!oh boy, see, I dont see hay as boring.......means soon you can relax on that nice deck, the barn'll be done, your four legged critters home, no more leaping and parasailing off the front stoop.........you can have a cold something or other and just sit(well for 5 mins anyway) till you find something else you want to change or add or fix or redecorate .........I would love to come over and just let you show me all you guys's accomplishments so far..........big beaming smile on my face for you guys!!!! WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!! :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Accomplishments...   Weekend Accomplishments... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 11:04 am

LOL NbN you are quite right - we have ALOT of animals so they would be quite visible...

Thanks for all the compliments gals... it's been a ton of work and I don't know I'd ever want to do it again - I think I much like the idea of moving in somewhere that stuff is half done...

Cross your fingers we can get the rooves on both buildings without all heck breaking loose. Glenn is afraid of heights so I seem to end up high in the air and well I'm quite klutzy so the odd time that spells disaster lol!
Back to top Go down
Wranglin'ruff

Wranglin'ruff

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Accomplishments...   Weekend Accomplishments... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 11:10 am

I see some grass! Grandma must be proud :flower:
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Accomplishments...   Weekend Accomplishments... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 11:14 am

lol! lol!

She is tickled pink...she was out mowing yesterday wound up solid that she gets to drive her mower again. It all came up well except for the side of the house where I think all the seed blew away...she's been after me to rake and reseed again.
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Accomplishments...   Weekend Accomplishments... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 11:30 am

I used to be just like you too, in my 20's. Get it done now while you're young. I'm happy if I get the lawn mowed and and barn cleaned out in one day now.

That deck looks awesome Weekend Accomplishments... 573748

I love haying time. I always gawk at all the fields in varying stages of doneness when I'm driving. Love smelling and seeing all the nice fresh hay Weekend Accomplishments... 338415
Back to top Go down
blackfly

blackfly

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Accomplishments...   Weekend Accomplishments... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 2:11 pm

I can hardly manage to make meals, do laundry, feed the horses and work 12 hours a week. How the heck do you manage to do everything? I don't think I ever had that much energy. Very nice place!
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Accomplishments...   Weekend Accomplishments... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 4:08 pm

I'm with you Black fly.. I manage to work 11 hours a day go home, try and clean house, do laundry, eat and pet the cat, and to the barn.. mow the lawn once a week with TE's help.. (thank you girlie) and by Friday I'm done, then we've been away every weekend doing some horsey thing or another.. omg.. I'm tired just thinking about it... I could never add two small children in the mix... lol
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Accomplishments...   Weekend Accomplishments... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 4:29 pm

wait wait wait a minute...........I forgot about the babies..........NO I NEVER WAS THAT GOOD;;;......you get all the KUDOS .......I only had one and 225 employees, 3 depots, a boarding barn with 22 boarders, a 2 hour comute each way, was on call 24 7 .........that aint nothin compared to what you do with my HERO BRITTANY...... and cant wait to see what you have in store for Jenna.........you definately rock.
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Accomplishments...   Weekend Accomplishments... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 7:30 pm

I think i used to be like it as well , also in my 20's but i grew out of it real fast hahahahaha, now i have trouble working 8-4 everyday, feeding horses is the really pleasant bit and then i leave the cooking and laundry to the out of work(at the moment) hubby, who i still have to nag to help me clean hahahahahahah.

You have done so well, it is all looking really great , can't wait to see it all finished.......
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Accomplishments...   Weekend Accomplishments... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 10:23 am

Quote :
eat and pet the cat
:affraid:

You're not allowed around my cats anymore! Weekend Accomplishments... 338415
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Accomplishments...   Weekend Accomplishments... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 10:56 am

SexyDexy wrote:
Quote :
eat and pet the cat
:affraid:

You're not allowed around my cats anymore! Weekend Accomplishments... 338415
Fillet Minoune?
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Accomplishments...   Weekend Accomplishments... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 11:23 am

haha you guys are so funny.. it would be different now if I had said pat and eat the cat.. geesh.. leave it to SD to find the humor in that now.. and Joan calls you cindrellie ha!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Accomplishments...   Weekend Accomplishments... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 12:59 pm

boy oh boy can we ever just jump right in on a Pix thread and totally spin it right out of control.........hahahahahaha.............Good Lord we are nuts!!!!!! :roll: HEY THAT WAS NEAT....I WROTE I GUESS WHAT SOMEONE ELSE THOUGHT WAS A CUSS WORD AND IT CHANGED TO A GENTLER KIND OF JOAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Accomplishments...   Weekend Accomplishments... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 1:23 pm

I bet there are some curse words Purple didnt' catch.. lol.. we should find them and the one that gets the best not covered by cuss gets a prize.. lol

AND is there a gentler kind of Joan.. lol.. Weekend Accomplishments... 466697
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Accomplishments...   Weekend Accomplishments... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 1:42 pm

Weekend Accomplishments... 135688 Weekend Accomplishments... 55920 NO NOT REALLY IN REAL LIFE
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Accomplishments...   Weekend Accomplishments... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 1:51 pm

heheheh.. did I make you laugh???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Accomplishments...   Weekend Accomplishments... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weekend Accomplishments...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next