Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trailers...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

Trailers... Empty
PostSubject: Trailers...   Trailers... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 4:49 pm

Looking for thoughts/comments/experiences/reviews on the following types of trailers...

Eby
Featherlite
Barrett
Travalong
Cherokee
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
lb-ranch

Trailers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailers...   Trailers... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 8:12 pm

for keeping a good resale value and durability I like Featherlite and EBY, the others I dont think hold their value as well and in general I look at those names as lower level classes. Is he looking at stock, horse, combo, gooseneck/bumper pull?? TrailsWest is another nice trailer, I love mine :)
Rogers is an EBY and look at the mileage and abuse it's stood up to.
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

Trailers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailers...   Trailers... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 8:20 am

I had a lady who hauls horses down in the States say she wouldn't ever reommend a Featherlite to anyone which I found surprising - she hauls for a living and said they don't handle the miles. We don't have any experience with a Featherlite but that was the first negative review I'd heard...

She is a big Eby fan, as are we, but I was interested with her reasoning. We know they withstand wear from Glenn's past experiences but never had a reason other than we had one and it was good and know others who feel the same way... she mentioned that Eby is one of the few trailers on the market that is still built in a bay as opposed to on an assembly line.

Glenn's brother owns a Wilson and it has been a phenomenal trailer. It's got to be pushing 20 years old and has hauled a pile of animals and surely gone over a million miles... We priced Wilsons but they are far too pricey for us.

We're looking at stock trailers, we'd love to get a stock combo but I think that will have to be a future upgrade. An actual horse trailer would be lovely but realistically not practical for us. We haul too many other types of livestock that we couldn't justify having a slant load...

ETA - anyone have any experience with a Barrett?
Back to top Go down
lb-ranch

Trailers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailers...   Trailers... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:47 am

I've had a couple featherlites and loved them, hauled back and forth to florida, to NFLD a couple times too and sold it after 5 yrs looking still like new and basically got my purchase price back on resale (originally got a great deal below dealer price when new and bought US when we lived there. One featherlite we had was a 23 yr old aluminum car trailer and it also still looked like new at 23 years old. I'd buy another Featherlite in a heartbeat if I needed another trailer. Our old Featherlite stock/horse trailer was very versatile, we hauled lumber, livestock, furniture, tractor, equipment, hay, being quite open it was great for hauling just about anything.
I've looked at alot of other brands and when we look for resale stock we look for, durability, added features, size, Weight (that's a biggie when hauling in hilly areas or with heavy loads or for those with not as heavy duty a truck), construction ie: aluminum, aluminum over steel or straight steel or fiberglass. If you google used trailer sites you can see some brands hold great resale values where as others lose value quickly. we've found some great deals stateside, just got to shop around.
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

Trailers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailers...   Trailers... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 1:15 pm

Well it's offical - we are now the owners of a 2001, 24ft Barrett. Glenn says she hauls really nice and is in great shape. He always gets to go shopping without me!!!!

:devil5.gif:
Back to top Go down
lb-ranch

Trailers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailers...   Trailers... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 1:59 pm

OK... So now what is he going to fill it with on the way home??? :36_33_11[1].gi
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

Trailers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailers...   Trailers... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 3:58 pm

I think he should bring sheep but he's headed to a horse sale on Saturday... so doesn't really sound like sheep...

The fellow he bought the trailer from insisted they stay at his place last night - Glenn said it was an amazing spot... they had their own guest quarters equiped with everything and anything they could possibly need along with a pool table for their entertainment.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

Trailers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailers...   Trailers... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 9:15 pm

yay.. a trailer.. now you can load a pony for next weekend and come to Greenwood with us.. Joan, Carol... me and Firebug.. and a ton more.. come on D.. you can swing it.. if Glenn can shop trailers without you ..surely you can have a weekend with us.. you know you want to..
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

Trailers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailers...   Trailers... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 8:30 am

Well he filled the trailer alright - he's pulling out of MB this morning with 12 horses...
Back to top Go down
lb-ranch

Trailers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailers...   Trailers... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 9:23 am

only 12 ??!!
lol
photos are a must when they get home.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Trailers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailers...   Trailers... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 8:10 pm

12 horses?! What the heck is he going to do with 12 horses?! Mind you, I knew he'd buy something and fill it to the max. MY kind of shopping trip!
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

Trailers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailers...   Trailers... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 8:42 pm

So 12 turned into 13...

Anyhoo the crew is travelling well and he plans to unload in Quebec - everyone has lots fo room, hay to feast on and frequent water stops.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trailers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailers...   Trailers... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trailers...
Page 1 of 1