Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

H1N1 Are you getting the shot????

Go down 
+6
just joan
Jolie
Beeze
Sailorgirl
D-Cutch
Freva
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Freva

Freva

H1N1  Are you getting the shot???? Empty
PostSubject: H1N1 Are you getting the shot????   H1N1  Are you getting the shot???? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 9:38 pm

What is your view on the H1N1 vaccine?? Are you going to get the shot or not??
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

PostSubject: Re: H1N1 Are you getting the shot????   H1N1  Are you getting the shot???? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 10:10 am

Very tough decision... haven't decided yet for myself or the kiddies...

A guy at work who is a first responder just got his and he said he can hardly move his arm - I guess they give it a fair bit higher than the regular flu shot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
Sailorgirl

Sailorgirl

PostSubject: Re: H1N1 Are you getting the shot????   H1N1  Are you getting the shot???? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 12:42 pm

I have never had any kind of flu shot in my whole life and am hoping I don't have to get one now...especially that H1N1. So far, I'm saying NO to it...but if everybody around me starts getting sick and I still don't have it...I might...dunno. H1N1  Are you getting the shot???? Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
Beeze

PostSubject: Re: H1N1 Are you getting the shot????   H1N1  Are you getting the shot???? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 12:47 pm

I have a friend who is in health care that claims that they have spent more time developing the H1N1 vaccine than they did the seasonal flu shot if that puts things into perspective for anyone.

I never get the flu shot, etc, so I don't imagine this will be any different though I probably should because I work face to face with the public and in a tourism setting. My mother, because she works for a company that is considered "essential services" will be getting one shortly.
Back to top Go down
Jolie

Jolie

PostSubject: Re: H1N1 Are you getting the shot????   H1N1  Are you getting the shot???? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 3:43 pm

Don't think so, would take something major to make me want to...really I am just a procrastinator and don't want to go to a clinic and sit with most likely sick people (although they are not suppose to go) to wait to finally getting prodded with the needle. Don't have any fear of needles or the pain, more just don't want to take the time to go.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: H1N1 Are you getting the shot????   H1N1  Are you getting the shot???? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 4:32 pm

as soon as I can find a clinic that will let me have it....ITS MINE...........I get sick way too easily, I try to stay away from crowds etc......pneumonia finds me even in warm months......I will go to a clinic, but I will wear a mask while waiting in line........
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: H1N1 Are you getting the shot????   H1N1  Are you getting the shot???? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:36 pm

I'm with Joan.. the last year or so I've gotten sick way to easy for me.. so I'm in I get my shot next Tues on the advise of my doc, she's a great doc and if she says get it .. then I get it..
Back to top Go down
mypony

PostSubject: Re: H1N1 Are you getting the shot????   H1N1  Are you getting the shot???? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 10:14 pm

I am on the fence. I was thinking of not getting it, but now I am leaning towards getting it. The information about the vaccine it so contradictory. I am glad that I am not pregnant. Then I really would not know what I would do!

My sister is a Type One diabetic and she is getting it. Her doctor is insisting she gets it. So if it is important for her to get one, maybe I should too. I have gotten the regular flu shot in the past. I don't know what to do!!! Maybe I will just stay home!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: H1N1 Are you getting the shot????   H1N1  Are you getting the shot???? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:15 pm

mypony/............dear girl.........you cant stay home forever!!!!!!!!!! dont forget to wash all your vegetables............its the little things we dont think about that can get you...........using a washroom at the mall and having to open the door after you have dried your hands...........hhmmmmmmmm and little kids sniffling and coughing in the grocery carts handling all the produce and poking holes in the meat packages..................NEED I SAY MORE. :devil5.gif: :roll:
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: H1N1 Are you getting the shot????   H1N1  Are you getting the shot???? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:36 pm

I have gotten the seasonal flu shot for the past few years and saw a noted improvement in my ability to ward off the normal colds and flu. I am an asthmatic and my doctor recommended that I get the H1N1 shot if it became available....so that is my plan. She also recommended that the two shots be given a few weeks apart.

I have 3 grandchildren and my sons and their wives have really been on the fence about getting the shot for their little ones. Our youngest grandson has to visit the IWK every 6 months so my DIL called them today and they strongly suggest the shot for children over 6 months of age. Sure is a scary thing since there has been controversary over the effects on children and pregnant women.

I have to agree with Joan. It can be anywhere.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: H1N1 Are you getting the shot????   H1N1  Are you getting the shot???? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 7:29 am

I agree it's on and in most things that people have access too.. yesterday while delivering a tender I had to walk through a very busy large mall downtown.. it was very warm and lots of people.. all I could think of was breathing infected air.. geesh.. I'm so glad I don't work with the public and in a small office .. I wipe those darn grocery carts handle with wipes before I place my hands on one.. and I use paper towel to open washrooms doors after I scrub my hands.. but then I have always done that.. the flu shot won't kill you, but the virus may.. so I vote get it.. I urged my daughter and grandson to get it too.. he is only 10 and in public school.. and my daughter is in university so they are at a higher risk being exposed to lots of people..
Back to top Go down
Wranglin'ruff

Wranglin'ruff

PostSubject: Re: H1N1 Are you getting the shot????   H1N1  Are you getting the shot???? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 9:31 am

John and I will be getting the vaccine. We actually go tonight to get it. Its been a tough week for the little guy, he just got his one year needles on Friday. Alberta is just on the fence right now about being in a state of Emergency with H1N1. There are signs and masks wherever you go up here. They are pressuring us to wear masks at work right now, but it is difficult seeing as I probably spend 4 hours a day on the phone. A few of the girls at work have been directly exposed to it, I'm not worried about myself, but worried if I got it and spread it to John.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: H1N1 Are you getting the shot????   H1N1  Are you getting the shot???? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 9:33 am

wRANGLIN RUFF...........thats exactly why you have to........good for you.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: H1N1 Are you getting the shot????   H1N1  Are you getting the shot???? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 8:36 pm

I WAS on the fence about it but have now decided to get the shot for myself and Kayla. I'm not sure what Lord Gord is going to do, but he's old enough and ugly enough to make up his own mind. The virus is officially in our community and I've heard first hand accounts of the pain that the ill have to go through. My concern is the fact that it comes on so quickly and is so painful, I'm not confident that I can get Kayla the help she needs in a timely manner. I went to the drug store today and stocked up on electrolyte drinks, advil, throat lozenges and batteries for my thermometer. We still haven't heard when our community is scheduled to get the vaccine, but Kayla and I will be in the lineup whenever it's ready.

I've also talked with Kayla about the signs to be aware of, and the importance of her telling me immediately if she has any of them. She has been complaining of a sore belly the past few days and last night she looked a little dragged out towards the end of gymnastics, so I let her stay home today and rest. I don't want her to get rundown, which would make her be more at risk.

Personally I'm scared %@*$-less about it all. Just the thought of seeing my child in pain makes me anxious. And of course, if I catch it then we're all hooped. After all, I'm what keeps this family running ! :36_1_41[1].gif
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: H1N1 Are you getting the shot????   H1N1  Are you getting the shot???? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

H1N1 Are you getting the shot????
Page 1 of 1