Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC

Go down 
+5
just joan
Simi
Wissy
naughty by nature
Tammy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Tammy

PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC Empty
PostSubject: PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC   PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 10:03 pm

Time for another update. Not much has changed in the past few weeks other than we have lots of snow (still). On Thursday morning the boys are going to have their "winter tires" installed. Stretch's hind end keeps slipping out from under him (a little bit) and I'm concerned that he may injure himself. Clearly he's not used to having to use 4 wheel drive! I'm also going to have Skipper shod and studded so we can do some sleighing soon.

So and Cute continue to keep us entertained. I keep trying to convince them to ONLY pee and poop in their cage but it seems that they aren't taking me seriously. Actually, I think they hold it in until they get turned loose in the craft room and then they have a competition to see who can leave a "present" in the hardest to reach place!

I've been really ill since Wed with some sort of a throat infection. PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC 197969 Fronie and Gord both stepped up to the plate so I was able to rest (or pass out, whichever way you want to phrase it). I finally bit the bullet on Sunday and went to a walk-in clinic. I was in so much pain that I couldn't even sleep and couldn't drink either diet coke or beer. If you can imagine! The doc gave me a perscription and off I went. I started the pills on Sunday afternoon and already I'm feeling much better. Not my usual perfect self, but now it just feels like I have a normal sore throat. PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC 34853

Today I puttered around the barn for the first time in a while. It was quite cold today (-10) but at least there wasn't any wind. :lingua3.gif: I decided it would be a great day to ride Skipper up the track to a fellow's place and borrowed a pair of hames. Here are a few pictures that Fronie took for me.

Putting on my helmet - dressed to kill!

PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC IMG_2360

Doing up the strap. Even though you have enough padding in your snowsuit from Bleeding heart, you still have to protect your brain bucket!

PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC IMG_2361

Next was putting on Skipper's bridle. I had his halter underneath because I wasn't sure if I was going to have to tie him at Syl's or not (one never knows what to expect when heading out on an adventure!).

PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC IMG_2363

I still haven't figured out what to do with all the hair so it's always interesting whenever I have to put on his "headgear". Be it bridle or halter, there's always ALOT more hair than I'm used to (as Stretch is EXTREMELY folically challenged).

PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC IMG_2364

Now don't panic - I don't usually ride a horse out of the barn. This is the FIRST time ever, so give me a break!

PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC IMG_2367

Two side shots before we head out. It looks like I've filled my drawers with something! PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC 762774

PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC IMG_2368

PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC IMG_2369

It was pretty fun. I met two old fellows who were walking on the track for exercise. So of course they loved seeing a NL pony and told me lots of stories about the ponies they had while growing up. As I rode into the distance (doesn't that sound romantic) I could still hear them reminiscing. It was pretty cool! Next stop was Syl's place. He's an older man - never married. Whenever I'm out riding I always stop and have a gabb with him. Quite the character. He still keeps one horse and uses her to haul wood and pull the sleigh. A definite wealth of knowledge about the "old ways". I gave him a call before I headed over so he was ready for us. He came out with what is probably an antique pair of hames and fitted them to Skipper (I had rode him up with the collar on). One strap was missing so the top had to be tied together with baler twine. Now, most of us keep our baling twine in the barn but not Syl - he went to the house to get a piece!

Skipper and Syl

PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC IMG_2371

OMG ... the show Dirty Jobs just started so I have to scoot. I'll finish posting the pictures tomorrow!

15 Dec

It's tomorrow now so I can continue. Dirty Jobs was so funny last night. If any of you missed it, Mike was at a camel farm. Hmmm ... now where was I? ... Ah yes. Skipper and the hames. So we were all set and of course Syl had to give me a leg up onto Skipper so I could ride home. Apparently they aren't familiar with a "leg up" around here. Graceful I was not! Picture this ... Skipper standing there oh so patiently, me bundled up so tight I could barely move, Syl had rubber boots on that were slipping on the driveway. Not only did I have to figure out what Syl's interpretation of a "leg up" was, but I also was trying desperately to NOT impale myself on the hames knobs. In order to do that I had to sort of arch my neck backwards, which is a little counter productive when attempting to swing your puffy body over a pony's back! I finally got on and Syl says, "Lord woman - you're sum stiff! Didn't tink I'd ever get ye on da pony!" I almost died laughing. So off we mosied back home.

Here's a few snaps of the finished product. Notice the lovely job with the baling twine!

Check out the knobs on this guy!

PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC IMG_2373

PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC IMG_2374

Here is Syl's knitting job!

PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC IMG_2375

Once we got back I put Skipper away and then went out into the other paddock for some Stretch snuggles. He gets a wee bit jealous if I spend time with the others and not him! I decided to try and get one of those lovely eye shots that everyone seems able to do. WELL ... THAT DIDN'T GO WELL! I think Stretch is what they call a "pocket pony". He won't leave your side when you're with him and insists on having his head on your shoulder or against your chest so that you can rub his ears. But I tried, and here are the results!

Stretch moving in for the snuggle attack.

PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC IMG_2378

I'm trying to get near his eye but he wanted his chin scratched instead. Some hair on the guy, eh?

PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC IMG_2380

Coming to sniff the camera. Notice how excited and stressed he seems by these events.

PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC IMG_2381

And finally ... THE EYE! OK, it doesn't really look like the really nice ones that everyone else is able to take but it's my first attempt. Stretch is NOT an easy subject to photograph. Do you see the little white hairs on the side of his face? He has started to get a few.

PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC IMG_2382

Then he decided he'd had enough of standing by me and not being petted. I mean, REALLY, what was I thinking? ...

PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC IMG_2384

It was apparently all too exciting so he decided to fall asleep. He cracks me up!

PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC IMG_2385

And so here endeth the story. Hope you all enjoyed it and had a wee bit of a giggle. And CJ - what the heck is a blog?

Last edited by Tammy on Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

PostSubject: Re: PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC   PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 10:36 pm

That pony is so cute. We have a nfld draft cross and he's still going strong at 45 so i'm sure you'll have this guy for awhile longer.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC   PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 8:18 am

I love skipper.. what a nice pony.. glad your feeling better.. and just in time for christmas.. lol..
I guess you can take that little guy anywhere.. what a bonus!!!
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC   PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 8:44 am

Tammy you have great stories you need a blog lol.. My god you make me laugh.. Thank you for that!!!!
Please Please don't ever stop.... PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC 43238
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC   PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 11:03 am

Updated today!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC   PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 11:15 am

hahahahahaha............wish I still had a old guy up the road with baler twine in his pocket at all times.......by the way missus, you should be carrying a pack with THE NECESSITIES OF LIFE in it....you know the ususal suspects........naw, just pulling your chocker.......what a great pony and you can just hop on and go..........i love your outfit.......is it slippery or do you stick????/ wish I lived closer we could laugh a bit together...................great stuff. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC   PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 11:17 am

A Blog is something you wring in every day about your activity you been up to Like that movie Julie and Julia...
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC   PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 11:21 am

lIKE WHEN I FIRST GOT SAM.......HE HAD HIS OWN BLOG...........remember.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Oakie Dokie

PostSubject: Re: PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC   PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 11:34 am

That was a funny story...I read every word and I have a tendency to be what you call a SKIPPER when it comes to reading!

I actually was like OMG she wasen't joking about the forelock difference in the pony and Stretch! He has like nothing!....very cute!
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC   PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 11:48 am

Aaahhhhhhhh ... now I remember what a blog is. Good memory - just short (not unlike myself).

And JJ - I STICK! My snowsuit is from Cdn Tire and this is my 3rd year with it. I've only had to patch it once around the inner knee because it rubs. Apparently I'm not tall enough to pull all the material upright. It bunches. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my suit! You NEVER get cold and it's easy to put on and take off - which is important when you're going out to the barn 4 times a day. I wish you were closer too - can you IMAGINE the fun we'd have?!
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

PostSubject: Re: PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC   PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 1:04 pm

I very much enjoy your updates as well PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC 368450

Can't wait to see pictures of Skipper pulling a sleigh!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC   PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 1:44 pm

Kayla and I are going to pick the harness up today after school. They are calling for 4 cms of snow in the morning so if I'm quick I may be a sleigh ride in before the rain hits!
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC   PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 1:55 pm

me too.. can't wait to see Skipper pulling the sleigh.. and Tammy I love the story.. what a great couple of days.. good for you.. riding a NFLD pony around NFLD.. bareback too!!!
Back to top Go down
RobinsKelticBuckaroo

RobinsKelticBuckaroo

PostSubject: Re: PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC   PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 6:05 pm

Skipper is so cute! Makes me want my own little nfld pony! and of course Stretch is very handsome.
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

PostSubject: Re: PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC   PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 10:09 pm

I love Skipper! How tall is he? He doesn't look like he has any problems carrying you at all. I want a pony like this for myself :). Make sure you take lots of pics when you get him hooked to the sleigh.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC   PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 11:59 am

I think Skipper is about 12.2 hh. I'm only 5 feet, which is why we pretty match in size. Plus both of us are built like little tanks! I didn't get a chance to sleigh ride before the rain started. They're calling for 20 mm's so say goodbye to the snow and HELLO to the manure. No excuse for not scooping out the paddocks tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC   PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PEETREE STABLES ACTIVITIES - UPDATED 15 DEC
Page 1 of 1