Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Believe it or Not ... UPDATED WITH TODAY'S ACTIVITIES

Go down 
+4
teekathepony
just joan
Lightning
Tammy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tammy

Believe it or Not ... UPDATED WITH TODAY'S ACTIVITIES Empty
PostSubject: Believe it or Not ... UPDATED WITH TODAY'S ACTIVITIES   Believe it or Not ... UPDATED WITH TODAY'S ACTIVITIES Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 6:47 am

THE SUN IS OUT! And the weather forecast shows sun all day today and a high of 10. YIPPPEEEEE! :36_1_69[1].gif And as an added bonus, they didn't make ANY mention of wind. So either they have made a HUGE boo-boo or it's going to be a beautiful day. I see a wee bit of riding in my future ...

Believe it or Not ... UPDATED WITH TODAY'S ACTIVITIES 775395

Believe it or Not ... UPDATED WITH TODAY'S ACTIVITIES 736775 :roughrider.gif

Last edited by Tammy on Wed May 19, 2010 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Mod
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Believe it or Not ... UPDATED WITH TODAY'S ACTIVITIES   Believe it or Not ... UPDATED WITH TODAY'S ACTIVITIES Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 6:53 am

YAY!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Believe it or Not ... UPDATED WITH TODAY'S ACTIVITIES   Believe it or Not ... UPDATED WITH TODAY'S ACTIVITIES Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 7:45 am

RUN LIKE Bleeding heart TAMMY.............get as many sunshined minutes in as you can.......I'll be rooting for you :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
teekathepony

teekathepony

PostSubject: Re: Believe it or Not ... UPDATED WITH TODAY'S ACTIVITIES   Believe it or Not ... UPDATED WITH TODAY'S ACTIVITIES Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 10:47 am

Hooray!~!! I agree with Joan, go soak up some rays. I would be outside but the black flies chased me in for a bit.
Back to top Go down
RedBaronBPeppy

RedBaronBPeppy

PostSubject: Re: Believe it or Not ... UPDATED WITH TODAY'S ACTIVITIES   Believe it or Not ... UPDATED WITH TODAY'S ACTIVITIES Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 12:33 pm

oh my goodness... 10! yippee!

your probably going to curse me for saying this, but its showing 25 degrees on my front deck this morning.. hehehe. lol!
Back to top Go down
Loves Color

Loves Color

PostSubject: Re: Believe it or Not ... UPDATED WITH TODAY'S ACTIVITIES   Believe it or Not ... UPDATED WITH TODAY'S ACTIVITIES Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 12:46 pm

Enjoy Tammy. We have rain here for the next couple of days; but, we need it.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Believe it or Not ... UPDATED WITH TODAY'S ACTIVITIES   Believe it or Not ... UPDATED WITH TODAY'S ACTIVITIES Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 8:50 pm

Yay Tammy.. hopefully we will finally get a decent weekend too!.. Hoping a good one for the Clinic!
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Believe it or Not ... UPDATED WITH TODAY'S ACTIVITIES   Believe it or Not ... UPDATED WITH TODAY'S ACTIVITIES Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 10:16 pm

OK, I'm "bet to a snot". I didn't get any riding in but I DID get to go for a cart ride.

I put the boys out this morning and then went and got Gizmo. He's Fronie's dog (my neighbour). Fronie's hubby is in the hospital right now so I've inherited her dog, 2 cats and 2 teenaged boys. Can you guess which is my favourite?! We did the barn and then it was soooo lovely that I decided to let the ponies out of their paddock to trim up the longer grass. We don't have alot of grass so don't have a REAL lawnmower. We use the critters for that. They were happily munching away and the next thing I heard was Stretch and Reo singing out and looking over at the neighbour's lawn. Sure enough the two fuzz balls were over there. I just don't get it - the grass wasn't even long and lush over there. So I sauntered over to get them. By the time I got there Skipper was standing in their horse shoe pit (it's sunken down just a bit) and nibbling the grass around the edge of it. I guess he figured he didn't have to bend down as far doing it that way. Dave and Joan weren't home so I'll have to tell them tomorrow not to panic if they see extra horse shoe imprints in their pit - there was actually a set of horse shoes that were filled and moving. I got a good chuckle out of that! I clipped onto Skipper and walked him home. Thunder of course just follows along like a dog.

Once everyone was safely home I decided to rake what lawn we had. Lord Gord has been moaning because we haven't limed or seeded it yet. I told him it needs to be loosened up a bit first and THEN seeded. With all the heavy rains we've had for the past DECADE, the soil was really packed down. If you don't work the seed into the soil it gets blown away with our gentle tropical island breezes. So raking got done. Then it was time to lime. I dug the spreader out of the shed and grabbed a sack of lime. Poured the lime into the spreader and as soon as I squeezed the trap door control thingy (and YES, that's a technical term) the spring on it snapped ... the trap door opened and the lime started pouring out. All that went through my mind was the intro from the old soap I used to watch when I skipped school - "Like sands through the hours glass, so are the days of our lives". Except in my case it was lime, not sand. And THEN as I reached out frantically to grab the spreader before it all fell out I tipped the damn thing over completely. Arghhhhh Believe it or Not ... UPDATED WITH TODAY'S ACTIVITIES 989857 I had to resort to the old fashioned way of spreading it by getting a big plastic jug, poking holes in it and shaking it over the lawn. Pain in my Believe it or Not ... UPDATED WITH TODAY'S ACTIVITIES 778478

Meanwhile my neighbour called and asked to borrow the tractor. I told him it needed to be greased because Lord Gord put alot of miles on it on the weekend. So he came over to grease it and wanted to know how many spots there were that needed grease. All I knew was that whereever there was a nibble it needed to be greased. We had a grand laugh over that one!

Once the tractor was well on it's way I got back to cleaning up the yard. While I was gone my friend Bob showed up. He had Reo (his horse) out on a lead munching grass. I told him to just unclip Reo and let him graze while we goofed around with the cart that Bob had brought down from the mainland. He almost pooped his pants at the idea of Reo being loose! Because we don't have any pasture I periodically let the ponies or horses out loose on the property to have a little munch. If they start to wander or get restless I put them back into the paddock. We are 600 feet from the nearest road, bordered by the old railway bed, a salmon river, bog and a dead-end road. To make him feel better I went and got Stretch and the two of them grazed together. Poor Bob kept looking over his shoulder to make sure they were still there and would shake his head in disbelief that they actually were! So while the boys had a munch Bob and I sized up his cart. It's a nice one but it's too big for Skipper and Bob hasn't gotten his horse trained to harness yet. By this time Bob was getting twitchy so I told him that we'd put the boys back before we got Skipper out. He said, "but how do we catch them?". I said, "you just walk up to them and lead them back". And just to really f him up I told him only to lead Reo back and that Stretch would follow. He looked at me in disbelief, but he did it. And sure enough Stretch was right up Reo's butt. It looked like a parade! Once they were safely back into the paddock I got Skipper out so Bob could see that his cart would NOT fit Skipper (like I'd been telling him since before he even bought it). But he REALLY wanted it to fit Skipper so I had agreed to let him try Skipper in it and see how everything lined up - or didn't line up as was the case. Well, let's just say that now Bob believes me when I said it was too big for Skipper. As soon as I started saying I needed to cut the shafts about 6 inches, trim up his nice leather traces, move the hardware, etc he finally believed me and said that he'd put it back under the tarp until Reo was trained.

Because we already had Skipper in harness I suggested that we go for a nice little cart ride before Kayla's bus came. What a wonderful time we had! We only walked but it was great to be enjoying the sunshine and snooping around the neighbourhood. Bob was VERY happy!

Once Kayla was home she had her snack and then out to the trampoline. She had to study her spelling words so each time I'd ask her one she'd say a letter and do a back handspring. It was pretty comical! I got it on video so hopefully can download it tomorrow and show you. Then we cleaned up her play area, moved the castle from between the trees where we had tied it down during the last hurricane force winds, pulled weeds and then decided we'd cut some of the grass for the horses to munch on. I got my knife from the barn and grabbed a bucket. Kayla was really impressed with the whole concept of hand cutting the grass. And especially stamping down the grass in her barefeet in the bucket. Then she got it in her head that she needed some of the grass to go underneath her bar on the swingset. Not a DRINKING type of bar, one of the ones you hang on.

Not much else exciting happened. We fed the horses the grass, started the BBQ and had supper. It was a great day and I am more than ready for bed. Just thought I'd update you on what happens on a sunny day around here. Because trust me ... it's a rare event! Rain forecasted for the next 2 days!
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: Believe it or Not ... UPDATED WITH TODAY'S ACTIVITIES   Believe it or Not ... UPDATED WITH TODAY'S ACTIVITIES Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:11 pm

Sure sounds like you made the best of a nice day......maybe the weatherman will be wrong and you will get two in a row...fingers crossed!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Believe it or Not ... UPDATED WITH TODAY'S ACTIVITIES   Believe it or Not ... UPDATED WITH TODAY'S ACTIVITIES Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 7:08 am

Tammy that sounded like a great day.. and just imagine what you would get down around there if you had a week of no wind and sunshine.. lol... I remember living in St. John's .. and watching a ball game in aug with my winter coat on.. brrrrrrrrrrrrr... not a fond memory.. and fog so thick I couldn't see the end of our driveway.. on a good note we did have many warm sunny days too.. oh yes petty Harbour in july.. lovely sunny day and friggin cold with that big iceburg sitting just outside the harbour.. brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.. pretty though.
Back to top Go down
teekathepony

teekathepony

PostSubject: Re: Believe it or Not ... UPDATED WITH TODAY'S ACTIVITIES   Believe it or Not ... UPDATED WITH TODAY'S ACTIVITIES Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 9:00 am

That does sound like a great day! Very productive!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Believe it or Not ... UPDATED WITH TODAY'S ACTIVITIES   Believe it or Not ... UPDATED WITH TODAY'S ACTIVITIES Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 6:41 am

EXACTLY......MAKE HAY WHILE THE SUN SHINES...........the principle is the same no matter the job......hahaha.............wish I had a kid on a trampoline making me laugh................ :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Believe it or Not ... UPDATED WITH TODAY'S ACTIVITIES   Believe it or Not ... UPDATED WITH TODAY'S ACTIVITIES Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:38 am

JJ - you can borrow Kayla anytime you want. I'd even send her trampoline over. She's still fascinated with "that dog that lost his tail" AKA Bear. It's funny what they remember.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Believe it or Not ... UPDATED WITH TODAY'S ACTIVITIES   Believe it or Not ... UPDATED WITH TODAY'S ACTIVITIES Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Believe it or Not ... UPDATED WITH TODAY'S ACTIVITIES
Page 1 of 1