Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Barefoot trimmer

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rude

rude

Barefoot trimmer Empty
PostSubject: Barefoot trimmer   Barefoot trimmer Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 8:13 am

does anyone have a contact for a barefoot trimmer in the Miramichi area?
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot trimmer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barefoot trimmer   Barefoot trimmer Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 4:15 pm

I think Helena goes through there often....(contact info on Equinextion site)
Back to top Go down
rude

rude

Barefoot trimmer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barefoot trimmer   Barefoot trimmer Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 4:57 pm

I had already given her Helena's number but she was curious if there was someone closer to her..
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot trimmer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barefoot trimmer   Barefoot trimmer Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 5:02 pm

I highly doubt it. I was contacted by someone in Miramichi last week and I'm pretty sure she is going with Helena (unless we are dealing with the same person?).
Back to top Go down
rude

rude

Barefoot trimmer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barefoot trimmer   Barefoot trimmer Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 5:09 pm

I had given her your name and Helena's ....so she did contact you also
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot trimmer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barefoot trimmer   Barefoot trimmer Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 5:14 pm

Yes she did.

I've recently decided to only trim for clients who are on FULL 24hr turnout. I don't travel to Miramichi right now and I won't for a horse who is stalled. I'm not aware of any other BF trimmers in NB.
Back to top Go down
barnmom

Barefoot trimmer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barefoot trimmer   Barefoot trimmer Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 2:27 pm

Just wondering Barefoot Why do you only go for horses that are turned out 24/7 and not horses that go in at night?
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot trimmer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barefoot trimmer   Barefoot trimmer Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 3:07 pm

Just my personal preference I guess. That's how I keep my horses. Horses aren't designed to be standing around for 8, 10, or even 6 hours a day. I've seen a lot of horses in my travels and would rather not SEE horses living a stalled life. Its hard on my heart. I see major health difference in the feet, body, and mind of horses who are stalled at night. Stalling once and awhile for severe weather is fine, but being stalled everynight is too much. THIS IS ALL MY PERSONAL OPINION, not saying what you do is wrong or right.

Also, I am a young female and my back only has so many trims in it, so I want to work with clients who have the same 'vision' as me, then its win-win. I found that when I trimmed for people who weren't fully on board with the whole natural picture (24hr turnout, diet, etc) I started loosing my love for trimming. I tried giving boarders and night stallers a break, but then it would turn into horses not going out for days at a time, etc.

Over these last few years I think what I've learned most of all is that having a healthy horses isn't just about a barefoot trim, its the WHOLE picture that makes a healthy horse and those are the ones I want to work with.
Back to top Go down
barnmom

Barefoot trimmer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barefoot trimmer   Barefoot trimmer Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 9:58 am

OK! And Your Right Everybody is intitled to thier own Opinion!!
Can't Fault you for Doing what you think is right! Mind you not everyone would agree with you!
And personally I believe every situation is different,My Horses are out early in the morning and
come in at night and they seem very happy to come in and are very healthy with very healthy Feet,
Only two of the seven have shoes,The others don't need them.
But I am with you in that I think horses should be out as much as possible It is very hard on them to be stuck in a stall for long periods of time. It is very hard on thier minds and joints!!
Good luck with your back, I know it's a hard profession,I don't think my back would handle it!
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot trimmer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barefoot trimmer   Barefoot trimmer Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 10:30 am

Quote :
My Horses are out early in the morning and
come in at night and they seem very happy to come in and are very healthy
And I just want to add that I used to feel the exact same way! I would have never known the difference if I hadn't of tried something different.
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

Barefoot trimmer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barefoot trimmer   Barefoot trimmer Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 11:20 am

When you realy look at it, horses are a very hearty creature. They seemed to have survived all the well intentioned mistakes ( for lack of a better word, that my brain can come up with this morning) we humans have made with them over the many decades of our coexistence. We offer what we think as individuals is best for our horses, and with what we can live with. I have found in the short time I have owned horses, that everyone has an method..in all aspects of dealing with horses that they feel is the "best way", or the only way... a lot of us are not open to others ideas and suggestions, and depending where you keep your horse the peer pressure can be heavy, criticizing one for thinking or wanting to try something different with thier horses. BUT .. all I can say is other than those poor creatures that are obviously abused, those of us who love our horse do the best we can, even if it is not what the next fellow offers. Fortunately these beautiful creatures can adapt to our best intentions for the most part. Now With that said.. I am a die hard EQ trim natural horse keeper follower..and I have to admit, I'm sure, not one of you who shoe and stall your horse could convince me that that is the way to go, any more than I can convince you that it isn't. Thats okay..we don't have to agree, we only have to accept.

I do the best I can with my horses, in trying to offer them care that is as close to natural ..natural for them as I can. I am lucky that I am in a position to offer this life style to them. Not all horse owners are that lucky.

IMO.. I too think they should be out 24/7, with offered shelter.. that I figure they are smart enough to choose when it is best for them. I actually have no way of stalling my horses..... none.. nada...lol. They also have free choice hay and water and minerals. I totally understand where Barefoot_Horsegirl is comming from. I realy get it.

I am also glad there are Barefoot trimmers that can offer those that may not be in the position to follow the "natural life style" a good trim.. maybe once they see the difference, they maybe able to find a place for their horse that would offer that life style so they could benefit from the whole parcel.
I also know that if they are not able to follow the whole life style, that the trim by itself will not offer that much difference.

Sorry if I rambled or didn't make my self that clear... I'm trying.. LOL.. I don't want to insult anyone or start a debate on the pros and cons... just sharing my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
barnmom

Barefoot trimmer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barefoot trimmer   Barefoot trimmer Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:54 pm

I agree moonshadow and barefoot I do not judge people on how they keep there horses!
And I agree you have to be open to new ideas as well! I tried the 24/7 turnout thing a couple of years ago and I found It just didn't work for me or my horses for various reasons, But that doesn't mean i am against people who do it,I also think that the more natural the better!!
Having said that I also see that alot of people are not in the position to do that and do the best they can and your right moonshadow alot of horses do adapt and it doesnt mean the are not loved or well cared for!! I have seen some pretty sad things in the horse world and and thank my lucky stars everyday that I am in the position that i am and that my horses are well loved and happy and healthy,I have spent a fair bit of time bringing some horses back from the brink and I get so much pleasure from it!
Happy Trails Girl!!! and best of luck to us all with these beautiful creatures!!!

Back to top Go down
amadtatter

amadtatter

Barefoot trimmer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barefoot trimmer   Barefoot trimmer Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 10:37 am

Rude and Barefoot_Horsegirl...

I am the same person :o) I have made contact with Helena and can't wait to meet her. You guys have all been so great..it has been very much appreciated! One thing I can say you all have in common is an extremely friendly, helpful nature...thanks so much. I will keep you all posted on Boomers hoofies.

PS thanks to Mooshadow as well for her encouragement ;o)
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

Barefoot trimmer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barefoot trimmer   Barefoot trimmer Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 11:41 am

Great!! Happy you found someone. Take some pics of his feet .. before and again after.. as time goes on you will see a real difference. Take pics of him on his feet, front on, side on, and back. Then take pics of his underside of his hoofs. Good luck, and keep us posted on his progress.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Barefoot trimmer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barefoot trimmer   Barefoot trimmer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Barefoot trimmer
Page 1 of 1