Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Condolences Green paint....

Go down 
+23
Bay-Lee
charlo
Dun Tru
Tammy
Tie
Pink Lady
Wissy
Paint-Lady
barnmom
Barefoot_Horsegirl
SexyDexy
Sooke
Green paint
mountaincowgirl
Freva
Ellie*Mae
Lightning
Twilight
C4B's
oldladynewhorse
just joan
Fiere
Simi
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Pink Lady

Condolences Green paint.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Condolences Green paint....   Condolences Green paint.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 10:21 am

I also did the three in my barm. So sorry for your lost.
Back to top Go down
Green paint

Green paint

PostSubject: Re: Condolences Green paint....   Condolences Green paint.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 10:43 am

Apparently it takes 28 days to be effective, with a booster in 3 weeks ? I may be wrong, but that's what I heard yesterday.
His blood has been sent off to AC for testing. They will be calling me with the results to confirm if it was in fact EEE that took his life so suddenly.
The Dr. looking after him in his last hours was one involved in alot of the previous cases of EEE on the south shore and is 95% convinced without blood tests that it was in fact EEE.
I will post confirmation as soon as I can ...
Back to top Go down
Tie

PostSubject: Re: Condolences Green paint....   Condolences Green paint.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 9:20 pm

So, so sorry for your loss. :(

I live in NB and my vet advised getting the EEE vaccine because of what happened last year in NS.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Condolences Green paint....   Condolences Green paint.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 6:25 pm

what a tragic loss. You have my sympathies.

I didn't vaccinate for EEE because luckily (knock on wood) we haven't had any cases in our area.
Back to top Go down
Green paint

Green paint

PostSubject: Re: Condolences Green paint....   Condolences Green paint.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:40 am

Just off the phone with NSAC, they have not yet received the serum from Bridgewater. When THEY do, it is then sent off out west and the results take a week or so ... Ugh ....
So, expect to hear back on this the week of the 20th ...
Back to top Go down
Dun Tru

Dun Tru

PostSubject: Re: Condolences Green paint....   Condolences Green paint.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:18 pm

Very sorry for your loss - we too vaccianted for EEE this year - didn't want to take any chances :(
Back to top Go down
http://www.meadowbrookstables.8k.com
Paint-Lady

PostSubject: Re: Condolences Green paint....   Condolences Green paint.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 6:13 am

Took this off another board where they are talking about this case.

I just want to note, that the situation with the horse in Queens County actually has become a CONFIRMED case of EEE...

I'm great friends with the family who is suffering this loss and was speaking with them this evening... The attending vet contacted them to let them know that the tests came back positive...

Reading what Green Paint wrote and what this statement says has me confused, just wondering for sure if it has in fact been confirmed!
Back to top Go down
charlo

PostSubject: Re: Condolences Green paint....   Condolences Green paint.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 10:09 am

I think Green Paint is the one to believe, since he is the legal owner of the horse. The other person posting was told, by the person leasing Purple, so it was second hand information.

I'm very sorry Green Paint for the loss of a very pretty horse. Hugs

Back to top Go down
Bay-Lee

Bay-Lee

PostSubject: Re: Condolences Green paint....   Condolences Green paint.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 11:50 am

AARRGGGGG, Some forums are just there to make sh**,( I'm pretty sure which forum this is) I don't know how someone can take such a sad story, and start rumors and un-founded facts..The only person who knows is Green paint, and Green paint will be the only user I will get the facts from..

Once again, I am heartbroken for you Green paint, this must be a very hard time for you and everyone involved..My horse was never vaccinated against EEE, I did talk to my vet last fall about it, and we made the decision that it was not necessary, But I will mention it again during our yearly visits this fall..

Back to top Go down
PaintedRidge

PaintedRidge

PostSubject: Re: Condolences Green paint....   Condolences Green paint.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 12:29 pm

I agree wait for GreenPaint, these boards can get out of hand.

So Sorry for you loss Greenpaint he was such a beautiful boy!

Back to top Go down
Paint-Lady

PostSubject: Re: Condolences Green paint....   Condolences Green paint.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 1:20 pm

I certainly wasn't trying to stir up anything. I was just confused as it seemed that two different people were claiming to have owned this horse and two different stories. It's none of my business who owned him or what the arrangements were but I live in the area, and if there is a confirmed case, I would just like to know is all. I see now that it is in fact NOT confirmed as of yet!

All of my horses that could be vaccinated, are all done but I have one mare in particular that concerns me as she was just a recent purchase and I did her initial shot, then she foaled before I got her boostered, I don't know if it is safe to turn baby and her out or not. I'm not sure how much protection would have been passed to him and he is too young to vaccinate. I've been told 6 months old to do them. I also have two other foals that are only 5 months old, both are sold but still on my property. I dont' know to turn them out or not as obviously, they aren't vaccinated because they are not old enough yet.

I apologize if anyone thought I was trying to stir up the pot, that was not my intention.

Green Paint, I am so sorry for your loss! My Condolences once again and Apologies, I can only imagine what you are going through.
Back to top Go down
Bay-Lee

Bay-Lee

PostSubject: Re: Condolences Green paint....   Condolences Green paint.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 1:24 pm

Paint lady, you did not do anything, you just posted what was said an another forum, my comments were no way pointed at you..
Back to top Go down
PaintedRidge

PaintedRidge

PostSubject: Re: Condolences Green paint....   Condolences Green paint.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 1:43 pm

yes not directed at you, at the other form. Way to much speculation! I feel sorry for Greenpaint!
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: Condolences Green paint....   Condolences Green paint.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 2:22 pm

Green Paint is the owner of Purple, The other people where purchsing him on a lease to own. So what green paint is saying is what is going on with purples EEE results, He will post the results of the test as soon as he gets it back. No worries paint lady we know you are not stiring up thistle...
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
Bay-Lee

Bay-Lee

PostSubject: Re: Condolences Green paint....   Condolences Green paint.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 2:25 pm

Quote :
I have been chatting with him on e-mail..

how is he holding up??, please tell him we are all thinking of him....
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: Condolences Green paint....   Condolences Green paint.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 2:36 pm

He is doing ok, just waiitng for the results to get back so he knows..
i am sure he pops on here and see's all the nice stuff you guys wright..
Back to top Go down
Green paint

Green paint

PostSubject: Re: Condolences Green paint....   Condolences Green paint.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 2:38 pm

Thanks all ... This entire situation with "other" forums / people speculating things and making accusations, etc etc etc ... is just making it harder on me and the lovely family that took Purple on a lease to own from me.
HERE ARE THE CURRENT FACTS AS OF SEPT 15, 2010 2:35pm

The lessee's were told by the attending vet he BELIEVED it was EEE as he was a part of other cases in the past and it was classic symptoms. 2 users on the "other" forum were convinced the lessee's said the vet CONFIRMED it was, when in fact that was a misunderstanding, and now they have apologized and admitted the mistake.

Bottom line is : The bloodwork is still in transit and NOT tested as of yet and the results STILL will be forthcoming the week of the 20th or later...
Again, I WILL post the results to calm everyone's hormones the second I get them.

If anything at all, my boys passing will get enough horses vaccinated this year to possibly save someone else's family member ...

Miss you buddy ... R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: Condolences Green paint....   Condolences Green paint.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 2:54 pm

Thanks derek for soming on and giving everyone a update on what is really happening ..
Back to top Go down
The Moose Is Loose

The Moose Is Loose

PostSubject: Re: Condolences Green paint....   Condolences Green paint.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 10:37 pm

So sorry to hear D... he was beautiful... im sure you will miss him dearly.... take care...
Back to top Go down
Green paint

Green paint

PostSubject: UPDATE   Condolences Green paint.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 9:01 am

Just got off the phone with the attending vet ... STILL no answer on blood test results so if you hear any different from anyone else, it's crap.
Back to top Go down
Highlander

Highlander

PostSubject: Re: Condolences Green paint....   Condolences Green paint.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 2:38 pm

Sorry to hear you lost your Horse so suddenly,He was a real beauty by the looks of the photo's. Condolences Green paint.... - Page 2 814562
Back to top Go down
Green paint

Green paint

PostSubject: BLOOD TEST RESULTS ARE IN !    Condolences Green paint.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 9:17 am

Blood test results are in . Purple was positive for EEE. The 1st case in NS for 2010 "apparently".
Please vaccinate against this disease asap . :(
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Condolences Green paint....   Condolences Green paint.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 11:07 am

at least it is conclusive now..........not that it helps you feel any better I'm sure. I hope you still have room in your heart for some joy.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Condolences Green paint....   Condolences Green paint.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 4:12 pm

thanks so much for keeping us up to date on the results. Hopefully this knowledge will go a long way to help bring home the positive side of vaccines.
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: Condolences Green paint....   Condolences Green paint.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 7:20 pm

It probably does not make you feel any better.... it will take time to get over this loss.......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Condolences Green paint....   Condolences Green paint.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Condolences Green paint....
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next